THE WRITING ON THE WALL

Demonland

I thought we played reasonably well aside from a few silly but standard for this season turnovers. Unfortunately, Moloney continues to let us down. I understand he is tagged every week but I want to see effort and I want to see him do the team things like the assist to Blease. When your team would lose to a team of players listed as injured, you expect to lose.

Jamar, Clark, Jones, Davey, Green, Bartram, Jarrah, Pettard, plus the remaining list would beat our current team now.

The constant slow bombing to the wings did my head in today. Not just because it is boring but it doesn't work with this list. Why is it any time we go through the middle we look good? I'd say because of players like Nicho and blease who can run and spread for us. After the first quarter I would have liked to see Nicho moved up the ground further with Blease on the ball to give us some run. I hate seeing a centre bounce when we have Bate,Mcenzie,Trengove and Beamer/Magner in the midfield. That is way too slow. Watts should have been given some time up forward. After T.Mac went down one of Rivers/Garland should have gone back. Watts on Brown. Pffft. Dunn as a hack backmen suits him but that doesn't mean it is good for us. If Dunn isn't a forward he shouldn't be in the team. Also am sick of seeing 3 of our guys go for a gang tackle or chase the pill and one opposition player stays out and gets a easy handball and has a paddock in front of him. Today just blowed goats.

• Like 4

manning up = trying.

when Brisbane had a kick-in, or went back with a free or a mark, all day we let players stand unattended, and wow! who'd have thought it? they kicked to their unmanned team-mate... All the way down the field like it didn't matter.

I thought that crap was Bailey's game plan.

I hope they don't bring that to a game I pay money to see.

Perhaps we could ask for a whiteboard presentation on this strategy - if it is what they actually want, or at least permit, I'd like to know so I can do something else on the weekends. In the stupid old days, when you were getting beaten, you manned up and made them earn it. Now we have more experts and coaches than players, everyone's on their way to becoming a millionaire, and we have discovered that giving the opposition free use of the ball is going to help. Never does, but hey, in the end, we'll perfect this...

Very disappointing to say the least. Just watching North at the moment and wish we had even a little bit of their desperation and hunger......

A couple of observations on today:

- We're carrying far too many players that give us nothing, and in some cases are consistently giving us nothing. I'm thinking Bate, Dunn, Bail and Moloney in particular. Too much work is being left to too few; at the moment guys like McKenzie and Howe are carrying more than their fair share of load.

- Whatever it is that Neeld is looking for from Blease, I hope he saw it today. I'm fully supportive of him being dropped if he's breaking team rules and not doing as he's told, but gee whiz I'll be bitterly disappointed if he plays at Casey next week while Bate and Dunn close in on being in the top few worst 100 game players for the club of all time. I'm conflicted on this.

- I'm a huge fan of the Jared Rivers Forward movement, but Mitch Clark he ain't. He can't mark the ball when he's swamped with three defenders (unlike Clark!) and shouldn't be expected to. It looked to me like we need to set up much more smartly around him; you'd back him to win most one-on-one contests. And make sure the others don't drag their bloke in to the contest!

- Joel Macdonald has been a positive since Rivers and Garland exited the back line. He's not the most polished guy in the world and I think he'll always be a peripheral player at best, but he gives a contest. At the moment he's easily best 22.

• Like 7

Guest fitness

Things I liked:

• Blease
  • Sellar

Things I disliked:

• Blease starting as the sub
  • Bail walking straight back into the side after a month off footy, coupled with the fact that his form prior to his injury was average at best.
  • Dunn and Howe not given the opportunity to play as our primary forward targets, in the absence of Mitch.

blease was played forward all day but i thought we could have used his pace on the wings as he gives us great drive. leave him in the teasm for the rest of the year. why the [censored] do they play magner as a defencive forward when we recruited him as an on baller for frig sake!

THIS!

He was a clearance machine at VFL level.

I didn't feel upset at today's loss. Too many outs. Some good periods though where we really trapped the ball in our forward line. I like Blease. If he can learn defense ala Daisy Thomas he may turn out a star. like Howe too.

We're going to be a decent team I reckon.

Cloke for pick 3, speedy mid at 4, Boak for 13 and then Viney and we'll be well placed. ;)

blease was played forward all day but i thought we could have used his pace on the wings as he gives us great drive. leave him in the teasm for the rest of the year. why the [censored] do they play magner as a defencive forward when we recruited him as an on baller for frig sake!

Perhaps to further develop his defensive skills, not unlike what Bailey did with Dunn.

He'll probably be given a run at Casey soon, he does look tired.

I didn't feel upset at today's loss. Too many outs. Some good periods though where we really trapped the ball in our forward line. I like Blease. If he can learn defense ala Daisy Thomas he may turn out a star. like Howe too.

We're going to be a decent team I reckon.

Cloke for pick 3, speedy mid at 4, Boak for 13 and then Viney and we'll be well placed. ;)

Does a free agent cost a 1st rnd Pick? I haven't seen the rules.

Bitterly disappointed I ain't.

We had most of our best players out and a loss was to be expected really against a much better side at their home playing for finals.

Will look forward to never seeing Dunn or Bate play for MFC again. NQRs, always have been. Moloney was appalling again. Col Sylvia was unsurprisingly average. Magner had a little comedy act thing going on.

All wonderfully MFC 2012.

• Like 1

How can Moloney not want to throw himself an uppercut right now?

Last week he did nothing against a bunch of children in diapers. This week, we were down our best mid and best rucking option, and instead of stepping up, he stood around yelling at his teammates instead of manning up.

Brent, go take a long walk off a short bridge to Casey!

• Like 1

Today we were an easy target. So many good players out before the ball is bounced, and then losing a key position defender in the first 5 minutes really killed us. Put Clark, Jones, Jamar, Green, Davey, Jurrah and a fit Tom Mac in that team and we look a lot better. We'd still need 3 really genuine ball finding midfield players but we'd compete against more than half the competition with just those guys in.

I feel for Neeld. He's had a horror run. I think we've seen progress in Watts and Grimes in the last month, and I think we saw good things in Clark, Jones, Tom Mac and a few other blokes so far this year but otherwise it has been a really negative season. It worries me what we'll gain from playing an injury depleted team against average opposition in the next few months. I think it could just further deplete confidence and self belief. I really want this season over.

A couple of observations on today:

- We're carrying far too many players that give us nothing, and in some cases are consistently giving us nothing. I'm thinking Bate, Dunn, Bail and Moloney in particular. Too much work is being left to too few; at the moment guys like McKenzie and Howe are carrying more than their fair share of load.

- Whatever it is that Neeld is looking for from Blease, I hope he saw it today. I'm fully supportive of him being dropped if he's breaking team rules and not doing as he's told, but gee whiz I'll be bitterly disappointed if he plays at Casey next week while Bate and Dunn close in on being in the top few worst 100 game players for the club of all time. I'm conflicted on this.

- I'm a huge fan of the Jared Rivers Forward movement, but Mitch Clark he ain't. He can't mark the ball when he's swamped with three defenders (unlike Clark!) and shouldn't be expected to. It looked to me like we need to set up much more smartly around him; you'd back him to win most one-on-one contests. And make sure the others don't drag their bloke in to the contest!

- Joel Macdonald has been a positive since Rivers and Garland exited the back line. He's not the most polished guy in the world and I think he'll always be a peripheral player at best, but he gives a contest. At the moment he's easily best 22.

Agree on all points.

I'm a big fan of Bail, but he shouldn't have played today, and gave us nothing.

I've never liked Dunn, I've rarely liked Bate, and for the 10000th time, I feel ridiculously resigned to their failure as AFL players, and I am sick of seeing them get games. Get them out of there. We know they aren't good enough, they aren't going to make it. I don't care who plays instead.

MacDonald has been good, I agree. So has Sellar. Really liked Sellar today.

• Like 1

That's what he does now- pointing and yelling is the new first second and third efforts. Thing is (and this is just me speculating) Moloney will feel slighted by being sent back to Casey, and come back with an even bigger chip on his shoulder (again- me speculating)

I think he's done. An analogue player in a digital world.

• Like 1

How can Moloney not want to throw himself an uppercut right now?

Last week he did nothing against a bunch of children in diapers. This week, we were down our best mid and best rucking option, and instead of stepping up, he stood around yelling at his teammates instead of manning up.

Brent, go take a long walk off a short bridge to Casey!

Brent's bad games have always been really bad. But he is having a bad game every single week.

It's almost like he and Trengove have the same injury. They simply cannot make an impact in our midfield.

Moloney is so slow at the moment that he doesn't bother trying to chase as he knows the ball will be passed off before he gets there.

What has happened to him?

Bitterly disappointed I ain't.

We had most of our best players out and a loss was to be expected really against a much better side at their home playing for finals.

Will look forward to never seeing Dunn or Bate play for MFC again. NQRs, always have been. Moloney was appalling again. Col Sylvia was unsurprisingly average. Magner had a little comedy act thing going on.

All wonderfully MFC 2012.

I tend to concur. Given what we had at our disposal we ought to have been wiped all over teh shop......and yet werent, well not realtively.

I can't believe what I'm hearing, firstly from neeld declaring he is relatively pleased with the game, but more astonished with demonland posters who accept this crap. Never have I witnessed a coach destroy a team as quick as neeld has done to our boys in 2012. Yet, he is pleased. And most of you brain dead followers swallow the bait hook line and sinker. Neeld is a terrible coach who is destroying most of our players. Never have I felt this kind of dissapointment about the club and it's supporters. Most of you sound like you are born losers. Wake up. Neeld is not our man. We are a laughing stock. There is only 1 solution. Get a proven successful premiership coach, that has the brains and spiritual strength to unite the club and win games of footy. We need to get malthouse or Roos before Carlton does.

This is the worst year of footy I have ever seen.

• Like 1

I can't believe what I'm hearing, firstly from neeld declaring he is relatively pleased with the game, but more astonished with demonland posters who accept this crap. Never have I witnessed a coach destroy a team as quick as neeld has done to our boys in 2012. Yet, he is pleased. And most of you brain dead followers swallow the bait hook line and sinker. Neeld is a terrible coach who is destroying most of our players. Never have I felt this kind of dissapointment about the club and it's supporters. Most of you sound like you are born losers. Wake up. Neeld is not our man. We are a laughing stock. There is only 1 solution. Get a proven successful premiership coach, that has the brains and spiritual strength to unite the club and win games of footy. We need to get malthouse or Roos before Carlton does.

I'll agree 100% with you if we're at this point or not far from it this time next year.

I'm VERY concerned, but willing to give Neeld a chance to do what he says he's trying to do.

• Like 1

1. West Coast lost there.

2. We lost our 2 best players before the game and a key backman 5 minutes into the match.

3. Read points 1 and 2 repeatedly until understood.

• Like 2

You might not know what a 'flamer' is but that is what you are.

Where was this talk for a month?

I respect consistent views without a 'détente' while that view would be seen as absurd.

Now it just looks like what a great deal of MFC supporters would like to be - right about the future plight of the club rather than open, vulnerable, and hopeful about what is an uncertain future under a new and expanded FD.