Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

THE WRITING ON THE WALL

Demonland

1. West Coast lost there.

2. We lost our 2 best players before the game and a key backman 5 minutes into the match.

3. Read points 1 and 2 repeatedly until understood.

all true - but what about the half-hearted chasing, the looking around and doing nothing about the Lions with no-one on them, and the missing-in-inaction (Moloney principally, but poor efforts from others who could see McKenzie, Sellar, MacDonald and others were busting their guts...)? points 1 and 2 with hindsight explain what happened on the scoreboard, but they don't justify the way some of our guys went through the motions. Whose fault should that be?

• Like 1

I can't believe what I'm hearing, firstly from neeld declaring he is relatively pleased with the game, but more astonished with demonland posters who accept this crap. Never have I witnessed a coach destroy a team as quick as neeld has done to our boys in 2012. Yet, he is pleased. And most of you brain dead followers swallow the bait hook line and sinker. Neeld is a terrible coach who is destroying most of our players. Never have I felt this kind of dissapointment about the club and it's supporters. Most of you sound like you are born losers. Wake up. Neeld is not our man. We are a laughing stock. There is only 1 solution. Get a proven successful premiership coach, that has the brains and spiritual strength to unite the club and win games of footy. We need to get malthouse or Roos before Carlton does.

This is the worst year of footy I have ever seen.

I really wasnt going to bother...but hey..

worst year youve ever seen. Dont watch much footy I take it.

You also have no real comprehension of the fabric of a successful club either it seems. It takes time for the redressing of a decade of inadequate action to see fruition. but you want overnight.

Enjoy your delusion

• Like 1

My match summary....yuk!

4 things I learned but possibly already knew. (apologies to Burgs)

1. Jones is the heart and soul of our midfield

2. Magner is not a forward

3. Spencil is extremely limited (Dennis sumed it up best "tyrannosaurus rucks")

4. There are too many players on our list who are incapable of stepping up.....ever

Edited by diesel

I can't believe what I'm hearing, firstly from neeld declaring he is relatively pleased with the game, but more astonished with demonland posters who accept this crap. Never have I witnessed a coach destroy a team as quick as neeld has done to our boys in 2012. Yet, he is pleased. And most of you brain dead followers swallow the bait hook line and sinker. Neeld is a terrible coach who is destroying most of our players. Never have I felt this kind of dissapointment about the club and it's supporters. Most of you sound like you are born losers. Wake up. Neeld is not our man. We are a laughing stock. There is only 1 solution. Get a proven successful premiership coach, that has the brains and spiritual strength to unite the club and win games of footy. We need to get malthouse or Roos before Carlton does.

I have read some pretty poor posts on demonland (hello Dr Who) but if there was a poor post chart this went straight to number 1 - and will be pretty hard to top (please don't try).

Serious question - how do i activate the ignore function?

• Like 1

We are the only club going backwards, And neeld is relatively pleased with the progress. Dear god!

If I were president, I would be on the phone to malthouse, Roos, Mathews and even choco to see who is interested.

• Like 1

You might not know what a 'flamer' is but that is what you are.

Where was this talk for a month?

I respect consistent views without a 'détente' while that view would be seen as absurd.

Now it just looks like what a great deal of MFC supporters would like to be - right about the future plight of the club rather than open, vulnerable, and hopeful about what is an uncertain future under a new and expanded FD.

Yet another apologist post rpfc - your so-called detente included a bye and a win over a group of inexperienced kids - I am absolutely confident MFC supporters want real success and not the rubbish in your last para - wake up!

I really wasnt going to bother...but hey..

worst year youve ever seen. Dont watch much footy I take it.

You also have no real comprehension of the fabric of a successful club either it seems. It takes time for the redressing of a decade of inadequate action to see fruition. but you want overnight.

Enjoy your delusion

Given the reasonable talent/quality of the MFC list (albeit inexperienced in some cases), this probably is the worst year for some 40+ years. Of course overnight success was never expected, but just a small amount of improvement might be a reasonable expectation!

Just who is suffering delusion?

• Like 2

We are the only club going backwards, And neeld is relatively pleased with the progress. Dear god!

If I were president, I would be on the phone to malthouse, Roos, Mathews and even choco to see who is interested.

If you were president we would have no members, you have no foresight and I'll guarantee you will have changed your user name in 12 to 18 months time for shame of embarrasment for such stupid statements

Yet another apologist post rpfc - your so-called detente included a bye and a win over a group of inexperienced kids - I am absolutely confident MFC supporters want real success and not the rubbish in your last para - wake up!

This coming from the bloke who saw Neeld apparently turn a page and alter his gameplan from the Essendon game onwards...

Did he change it back? (lol)

I'm an apologist?

Is that why I am not out there with a pitchfork with tonatopia and your good self?

FMD.

Apologies - the above was a quote, the below is my comment.

Just to add a few inconsistencies to support this case.

First, it was the players who couldn't implement the new gameplan.

Then, the gameplan didn't change but it evolved, but still failed - the players' fault again?

Then, it was the club culture rather than the gameplan (a point which may have some merit).

Then, when MFC defeated the hapless GWS the gameplan was working!

Talk about inconsistencies!

(Oh, and this was the team that was going to be the hardest to defeat in the league!)

Edited by Hardnut

I was at the game today and the biggest thing I noticed was in the centre when we got the tap outs no one was there to get the ball, apart from Brisbane.

We seemed to be second to the ball all day.

Another thing I noticed with Bate was when he had the ball kicked to him he had a Lions player directly on his back and one right behind the lions player. The front lions player just basically held him out which does happen but geez Bate could have shown some strength and pushed hard against him which would have pushed him straight into the second lions player. But instead he stood there pretending to try to get around the player.

Was a really pathetic/weak effort.

I thought the second half of the season was all about showing improvement! Must have misunderstood.

Edited by DemonOX

Given the reasonable talent/quality of the MFC list (albeit inexperienced in some cases), this probably is the worst year for some 40+ years. Of course overnight success was never expected, but just a small amount of improvement might be a reasonable expectation!

Just who is suffering delusion?

Improvement... unless its a year of silverware or near to, just what is improvement and how are we ,mere mortals , to judge. With so much being rebuilt withiin it can be like pruning roses... you really pare things back and there isnt much to see...until the regrowth comes through.

Im far from delusional. Im patient. Were talking about turning the titanic all but, not flicking the steering of a jetboat.

Neels has to work with what hes got initially then remould and recast the list in an image of his liking. That may well take another 2-3 years to fulfill.

Those that really still speak of an improvement , of their liking , this year also must subscribe to the club of thinking that many on our list are far better than we know them to be. Much supposition of this "improvement" is based upon the assumption that these plaers were ever going to step up this year and that any half way decent coach could have built upon this.

Heres the flaw in this logic. With a now recognised suspect list ( in places ) the foundation for improvement simply didnt/doesnt exist , as we thought it.

So look for improvement from the real base...and not the supposed one.

• Like 1

Self exploding doom sayer supporters!!!!!

PPL must realise is we currently have no forward line which isnt going to win many if any games and we have the worst centreline in the comp. So some deluded person tell me how we are going to win games with mostly average players and players who are extremley underdone.

Also someone tell me do we have a handful of Swans, Pendleburys Beams or Cotchins Martins Foleys on our list???????........... NO!!!!!

Agreed we certainly could of done better with recruiting since 2007-2011, but that is in the past we cant change that. Neeld does not have the access to those calibre players which makes his gameplan seem easier to carry out. Neeld knows that.

Neeld also knows who has got it and who hasn't, there will be changes no doubt.

If you think the on-field club performance and culture can be changed in 6 months or so? You need to wake up and smell the bees, cuz that sure as hell wontt happen in that time. You can't turn pig crap into strawberry jam.

......and the mid year brought an explosion of MFCSS excitement and activity !!!

It may be MFCSS, but I reckon he's gone. I will apologise if I'm wrong and not gloat if I'm right. He's got the same unsmiling glumness as HWFUO.

Really hope I'm wrong.

Have thought the same for most the year. Would be an absolute shame though, I reckon Blease will become a better player than HWFUO

No pitchforks needed rpfc - self-inflicted wounds are more likely.

Why put Watts onto Brown at the start - it worked better when Frawley went to him.

I stand by the list of players as being as good as any in the league, given the obvious allowances for age, inexperience, development etc - a good coach would be able to extract much more from them - it's easy to keep blaming players and turning them over each year, but it won't work in the long run.

• Like 1

A good coach would have taken our positive attacking attributes and incorporated some solid defensive attributes. What neeld has done is akin to chemotherapy. He killed everything off, the good and the bad, so he could implement his own style. At this point of time, his strategy is failing miserably. I have seen enough to realize he will not be coaching next year. I think only the most compassionate of hearts will support him. He tried and failed. No excuses. Let's get a premiership coach or at least a premiership player.

I stand by the list of players as being as good as any in the league,

any ??? :huh::unsure:

A good coach would have taken our positive attacking attributes and incorporated some solid defensive attributes. What neeld has done is akin to chemotherapy. He killed everything off, the good and the bad, so he could implement his own style. At this point of time, his strategy is failing miserably. I have seen enough to realize he will not be coaching next year. I think only the most compassionate of hearts will support him. He tried and failed. No excuses. Let's get a premiership coach or at least a premiership player.

Holy moly what an insensitive and idiotic post.

Read my qualifications of 'as being as good as any in the league' - it's all relative, but the list consists of a very coachable group capable of much better than we are seeing. That's why some people make good coaches and others can't see the potential.

I didn't think we were that bad today.

I thought we had a crack for most of the game and didn't give up.

Did anyone expect us to win with the players we had out?

Throw Clark and Jurrah into that forward line, Jamar and Jones into the middle and I reckon that's already a 6 goal difference.

We were even in the clearances, won the contested footy and even won the inside 50s (an area we were extremely poor at in the first 7 or 8 games).

The difference today was the Lions ability to move the ball really quickly and accurately from half back to the forward line (our defensive pressure was not good enough in this respect) and the flip side being our slow ball movement out of our backline. This meant that Brisbane were able to get it in quick to an open forward line whereas our entries were slow and laborious allowing the Lions time to get players back to crowd our forward line.

To me all this highlighted is what we already know - we lack crumbing forwards who can apply defensive pressure to opposition defenders and we lack class and pace in the midfield which greatly affects our ability to move the ball forward with pace and precision.

Midfield class and pace is what we've talked about all year so it's no surprise. We obviously need to address this through the draft.

But I was happy that we matched them inside the contests and got the ball forward enough times to kick a winning score. I'm not at all worried about that result as we were well below full strength and it will be a different team when we play them next time.

• Like 6

Some very odd stats out of the match. We were just beaten in clearances by 1, we won the contested possessions, and we won the inside 50's. I'd like to know when, if ever, a team has won the inside 50 count, yet lost the match by 10 goals...extraordinary. It's obvious we missed Mitch, but we desperately need a gun crumbing forward.