• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Five things we learned from round one

Freddy Fuschia

I'll contribute the 5 things I learned from Round 1:

1. We have no pride

2. It's going to be a long season

3. We are going to have to at least have a partial rebuild, again

4. 40,000 members in 2012 is a pipe dream

5. Our senior players cannot be trusted

True enough, some of these are not new lessons, or I'm a slow learner!!

1. Beamer no longer gives a toss

2. Davey no longer gives a toss

3. Green might give a toss, but it's become impossible to tell

4. Despite everything, Grimes was a good choice as captain

5. Neeld is not here to make friends, he is here to try and change a culture

• Like 2

Nothing against AC/DC but I must have been sitting close to the loud speakers at the MCG because the only thing I learned for the whole day was that it's A Long Way To The Top if You Wanna Rock 'N' Roll.

Rock and Roll aint noise pollution WJ.

If they repeated "you're the voice" ,your no. 1 hit ,I would have killed someone for sure -lucky I had a Wedding .

Guest Dr Who

1/ MFC "supporters" love eating their own players, coaching staff, their admin - their game day behaviour is getting worse.

2/ Real change takes TIME & $$$$$$$$ in modern day AFL football

3/ Taking it 1 week at a time - only counts when you are winning - a loss is always the end of the world for some fans.

4/ The bigger the over reaction the more passionate you MUST be - BLAME is the name of the game.

5/ Until this club has a change of culture we are going nowhere.

Edited by Dr Who
  • Like 2

1. Watts is the only player in the team with anything close to A grade disposal skills

2. Talk of him not being selected for round 1 (or for any future rounds) was pure baloney

3. Davey had a golden opportunity to straight line the ball and elected not to, sayonara (sadly)

4. Clark has to clunk his marks

5. We need Jurrah and Sylvia in that team

1 - Our senior players have been put on notice - and are taking it really badly.

2 - Sam Blease is not a forward.

3 - We need some of the better runners to get fit and get back into the team if we are to have any chance of competing.

4- The long bomb down the line still doesn't work as an attacking move.

5 - Jack Watts still lacks the necessary aggression, but his skill, class and pace still allow him to be dangerous.

• Like 1

1 Mark Neeld's press conferences will be worth bringing out the popcorn for

2 Jack Watts is our best outside midfielder

3 James Magner is our best inside midfielder

4 Brad Green and Aaron Davey are finished

5 Brent Moloney is only in our side because we have the worst midfield in the competition.

1. The one minute countdown at the start of the game... How awesome was that?!!! They should do that every year.

Unfortunately that's as exciting and hopeful as we'll get to be for this season.

1.melbourne takes a dump in your heart at round 1 every year

2.change the training facilities, the coach, the support staff, even the players, same old melbourne

3.trengove/grimes captaincy massive fail. Supposed elite rebuild is an abject failure, watts, morton, mckenzie, jurrah, frawley, none of the above

4.our supporters are gutless

5.financially speaking we are dead men walking

well actually i didnt learn those things i aleady knew them

5- Our midfield is crap

4- Our players are lazy

3- Clint Bartram can't kick

2- Nathan Jones can't tag

1- I will probably die waiting for a premiership

theres that optimism youre famous for

bit lonely on that side of the fence was it?

theres that optimism youre famous for

bit lonely on that side of the fence was it?

Huge difference criticizing on field performances and coming out again and again complaining how much of a badly run organization we are.

I go every week and put up with this sh*t because that's what supporters do. You just seem to find a fault in everything, whereas I see all the great off field results we've had and at least know that we're going to be OK in the long term.

I am negative about the now, you are just negative about everything this club has to offer, which leaves me wondering why you are even a Melbourne supporter? It's not really something that is being forced upon you I wouldn't think.

1. Demonlanders are an uptight bunch.

2. Moan, complain, whinge, hurl abuse or scorn - but NEVER boo your own players. What a disgrace!

3. After all the soft failure of the past 5 seasons, perhaps it really is our most senior players (Green, Davey, Moloney, Rivers, Jamar) who have influenced this the most.

4. Grimes as captain is a good choice.

5. Enjoy each game but give scant attention to those "special comments" blokes and 95% of sport journalists.

1 - Denial - This can't be happening again !

2 - Anger - Who is to blame ?

3 - Bargaining - Maybe if the game plan comes together ?

4 - Depression - What's the point .

5 - Acceptance - There's always next year !

Cheers !

• Like 1

Cheers !

Wow! You've got through the five stages of grief already. Most Demonlanders appear to be stuck at level 2.

My five things?

1. Blease, Bail and Davey all playing forward signifies Neeld's plan to use pacy players to put pressure on defenders. But it doesn't work if they don't all run hard. (I'm excusing Bail here)

2. Bombing long into the forward line can work if your centre half forward is called Carey, Brown or Reiwoldt. It won't work when you structure up with Bail in the nominal CHF location (although not playing that role)

3. A first-game coach should be given the same leeway as a first-game player (or umpire, for that matter)

4. Demonlanders are becoming more and more like Tiger supporters. Hopefully we'll still play finals more regularly than Richmond or we'll have posters threatening stupid stunts like dropping chook manure at Demons HQ

5. It's still too hard to work out whether Melbourne has recruited poorly, whether we've had over a decade of poor player development or whether there is a culture of acceptance of mediocrity amongst the playing group (or all of the above).

Guest Dr Who

Cheers !

Its only round 1 mate - if the passionate cant take it - geez I wonder how that looks to the kids that you are so concerned about at Auskick!

Oh - But winning will solve everything?

But wait I dont see the Richmond kids ripping the guernsey off their backs at Auskick, I dont see the Collingwood kids ripping the guernsey off their backs at Auskick.

In fact we have had more success than the Tigers in the last 30 years and they out-number us 10-20/1at OUR beloved Auskick.

Edited by Dr Who

1. I don't think I will ever see this club win a premiership

That's the only one that matters to me.

I am of the same opinion but I am probably a bit older than you Samsar.

I would be happy now just to have a good administration, no debt, win 10 games a year and have few blow outs.

That is about my Maximium these days

Cheers !

Its only round 1 mate - if the passionate cant take it

It was a "Tongue in cheek" post , Doctor . A comment aimed at all the posts on the weekend . Thought all the exclamation marks might have given it away !

Cheers

Edited by Macca

Its only round 1 mate - if the passionate cant take it - geez I wonder how that looks to the kids that you are so concerned about at Auskick!

Oh - But winning will solve everything?

But wait I dont see the Richmond kids ripping the guernsey off their backs at Auzkick, I dont see the Collingwood kids ripping the guernsey off their backs at Auzkick.

In fact we have had more success than the Tigers in the last 30 years and they out-number us 10-20/1at OUR beloved Auskick.

whats this 'Auzkick'?...........couldn't find it in wiki

did you see Melbourne kids ripping the guensey off their backs at 'Auzkick'?

i'm assuming you have actually attended this guernsey ripping organisation