38 Jeremy Howe

40 Mark Jamar

41 Troy Davis

44 Rohan Bail

46 Josh Tynan

47 Tom Couch

48 Jack Fitzpatrick

49 James Magner

IN: Trengove and McKenzie (from injury), Moloney, Clark, Rivers and Bartram (after being rested)

OUT: Green and McDonald (rested), Gysberts and Blease (dropped to Casey)

Cook and Sheahan I think are the other 2 out from last week's named squad, but neither played anyway.

Interesting Gysberts is at Casey, not going to read too much into it but could be a sign of the midfield pecking order. For me, a fair few have gone past him in the pre-season so far.

You might find with Gysberts and Blease they want to get a full game into them at Casey where they may of had limited time with Melbourne. Blease especially he seems to be in direct competition with Aaron Davey for the small forward roll, Aaron hasn't played a full game yet but has shown some positive signs in the two halves he has played hopefully he gets a full game and hits the scoreboard

You might find with Gysberts and Blease they want to get a full game into them at Casey where they may of had limited time with Melbourne. Blease especially he seems to be in direct competition with Aaron Davey for the small forward roll, Aaron hasn't played a full game yet but has shown some positive signs in the two halves he has played hopefully he gets a full game and hits the scoreboard

i think Aaron might be struggling. seems to be playing without confidence and zip. Blease will be very good. Leg breaks take a while.

i think Aaron might be struggling. seems to be playing without confidence and zip. Blease will be very good. Leg breaks take a while.

I actually thought for the small amount of time Aaron was on the field there were glimpses of his past pace which was lacking last year. I really was hoping that Kelvin Lawrence may have had a run. Cant wait to see Moloney and Jamar working together again.

To answer my own query:

Gysberts and Sam Blease, who both played in Melbourne’s win over Collingwood at Etihad Stadium last Saturday night, will play for Casey.

Youngsters Lucas Cook, Kelvin Lawrence and Jai Sheahan will also play for the Scorpions.

... as will Strauss and Jetta.

To answer my own query:

Youngsters Lucas Cook, Kelvin Lawrence and Jai Sheahan will also play for the Scorpions.

... as will Strauss and Jetta.

Good news as Lawrence, Jetta, Strauss & Cook have all been in rehab group intil recently. Good to see that their rehab has progressed to the stage that they can take part in a match, albeit for Casey

Good news as Lawrence, Jetta, Strauss & Cook have all been in rehab group intil recently. Good to see that their rehab has progressed to the stage that they can take part in a match, albeit for Casey

Yep, it is good news and Strauss in particular is a great story coming back from the broken leg that looked like it could have kept him out for a lot of this season if not more.

A shame we won't see Gysberts and Blease this weekend. Have been itching to see Blease on the park for a solid run. I guess the plan is for them to both play a full match at Casey as opposed to cut down game time.

Will Frawley play on Franklin? Or Garland?

most of my mates are hawks...i hope frawley keeps him goaless.

Havent seen the hawks side but imagine Frawley would be best suited to Franklin from what other demonlanders have been saying about training form and playing strategies???

Pretty strong Hawthorn line-up:

Jordan Lewis

Matt Suckling

Sam Mitchell

Chance Bateman

Clinton Young

Brad Sewell

Kyle Cheney

Grant Birchall

Luke Hodge

Isaac Smith

Cameron Bruce

Jack Gunston

David Hale

Shane Savage

Luke Breust

Lance Franklin

Benjamin Stratton

Ryan Schoenmakers

Liam Shiels

Paul Puopolo

Thomas Murphy

Luke Lowden

Jarrad Boumann

Bradley Hill

Cyril Rioli

Jordan Kelly

Brendan Whitecross

Mitchell Hallahan

Max Bailey

Havent seen the hawks side but imagine Frawley would be best suited to Franklin from what other demonlanders have been saying about training form and playing strategies???

Tom McDonald. Has the tank to run with Buddy and as long as our structures hold up I think he'll do an admirable job.

• Like 1

Tom McDonald. Has the tank to run with Buddy and as long as our structures hold up I think he'll do an admirable job.

I strongly agree with this in every way.

We have seen plenty of midfield and forward rotations

perhaps we could introduce the defender rotation

rather than double team just have a different spoiling optioagain from training reports the defensive unit seems to be functioning in a pretty cohesive fashion

I question why they haven't rested Jamar yet.

If he gets injured, we are f*&cked, if he gets sore and tired by round 15, we are f*&cked.

Basically, he would be my #1 most important player and without him we are doomed to a life of midfield epic failure.

Somebody wrap him up and put him away until Rd 1!