James Sellar

furious d

Is it something to do with the fact he's won at other clubs? Cos Mitch was in there? I'm actually really embarrassed for the team. And a bit [censored] for James. He was one of the biggest reasons we won, and he wasn't even supposed to play. Tremendous effort, and attitude. Let's hope he gets a win again this year and they make it up to him.

• Like 1

Last year we tried Rivers on Cloke and the game was over in qtr 1. Not Rivers fault because hes a very good player but hes just not big enough. You need to fight gorrilla with gorilla.

Would be happy to send Sellar to Dawes. As for Cloke, we should send Frawley to him if we actually believe we have a chance of winning the game or keeping in touch. Personally I dont think we do and therefore Tom McDonald would benefit a lot on playing on Cloke

Is it something to do with the fact he's won at other clubs? Cos Mitch was in there? I'm actually really embarrassed for the team. And a bit [censored] for James. He was one of the biggest reasons we won, and he wasn't even supposed to play. Tremendous effort, and attitude. Let's hope he gets a win again this year and they make it up to him.

Seller tweeted that he wasn't fussed, no big deal, just happy to be a part of the win.

I'm sure it wasn't done on purpose, just an oversight by the group.

AoB and I had a mammoth thread in the pre-season that came down to whether or not he was suited to take the number one tall (AoB) or whether we would mostly defer to Frawley (rpfc).

It was moot when he went to the forward line and ruck but it has left Moot City and is back in Relevance Town. There are scarier forward lines than Essendon's but it's a good start.

Seller tweeted that he wasn't fussed, no big deal, just happy to be a part of the win.

I'm sure it wasn't done on purpose, just an oversight by the group.

Yeah I saw that, but the thing is Clark and Magner didnt chose to go to the middle the players pushed them there. Did they forget sellar?

Another good game today. I can now see why we drafted him. Pretty much he can contain the gorillas but unlike Warnock (who I assume he indirectly replaced on the list) he can actually kick and make good decisions.

And as a side note I'm glad we didn't get Chris Dawes. Clark is infinitely better.

there's something about this kid. reading his tweets he's clearly a thoughtful and deep thinker. He knows he's only going to get one chance and he won't die wondering. Have liked his poise the last 2 weeks after looking hopeless forward and in the ruck.

Bigger, stronger and better skills than Matt Warnock, who we essentially gave up for Sellar.

Sellar did the job last week that let us try Garland up forward.

Definitely giving a great effort. Not a flawless player obviously, but he is also now doing what we brought him into the club to do and deserves respect for that. Not glossing over quite a poor start, but feeling good about the club, and the player, persevering and getting some reward.

AoB and I had a mammoth thread in the pre-season that came down to whether or not he was suited to take the number one tall (AoB) or whether we would mostly defer to Frawley (rpfc).

It was moot when he went to the forward line and ruck but it has left Moot City and is back in Relevance Town. There are scarier forward lines than Essendon's but it's a good start.

I think there was a seat from Moot City to Relevance town on the reality bus-and he just managed to get to town on time .
  • Like 5

Great, great job on Dawes today (who would be a downright hack at an average club).

He is perfect for the big slower gorilla types.

Definitely steps it up a notch when he has a role to play. Never again in the ruck/forwardline.

I think there was a seat from Moot City to Relevance town on the reality bus-and he just managed to get to town on time .

lol

Very good.

I think the reality bus is great disrepair...

But Sellar is looming capable. And that is pleasing.

lol

Very good.

I think the reality bus is great disrepair...

But Sellar is looming capable. And that is pleasing.

On the contrary. I think it's in perfect working order. It's just that it rarely has any passengers. In this case, "no passengers" is bad. Edited by Chook

there's something about this kid. reading his tweets he's clearly a thoughtful and deep thinker. He knows he's only going to get one chance and he won't die wondering. Have liked his poise the last 2 weeks after looking hopeless forward and in the ruck.

Bigger, stronger and better skills than Matt Warnock, who we essentially gave up for Sellar.

I was one of his few friends on here, early on, but it seems that he has a few more now; your right he does seem to have poise, something the recruiters must have seen when he was a junior.

Early on he was getting his hands to the ball but not holding his marks and it was only a matter of time before he did.

Agree, looks much better down back and decision making and foot skills are slightly better than adequate.

Who would have thought we'dd take Garland and Rivers out of the backline and still look capable of restricting good sides? Tom McDonald take a bow.

Off topic but of concern is the fact we've tried Garland and Rivers forward in roles made for Ricky P, this boy can play and needs a wake up call urgently.

Another off topic but of concern, our defence of the ground ball near goals is worsening. too many crumb goals yesterday. Obviously Batram out is affecting this but where are the other small defenders? I guess we need to put faith in the coaches to develop this into the likes of Blease and Nicholson.