• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Colin in the news

Wolfmother

If he has done nothing wrong why shouldn't he play?

Don't know- but Mark Stevens says- officially out. So there must be more to it-I guess.

Looks like he is out of the international rules.

AFL_PKeane Patrick Keane

It was AFL view that his preparation for series was not appropriate and he should not join the team. Aust squad will now stand at 23 players

14 minutes ago

AFL_PKeane Patrick Keane

AFL and Australian team management have determined that Colin Sylvia will not join the team for IRS series v Ireland.

Edited by Diablo Deemon

If he had to many to drink then fine he did the sensible thing and got who ever he was with to drive his car. But the fact the car hit a pole and they just drove off is stupid and idiotic. I wonder if it was another MFC player or another player driving. Its lucky they hit a pole and nothing else.

The fact is though he had training today for the international rules. I know some people hog wash it but the fact is Rodney Eade was expecting him at training today. Its still a team and he should respect that. Its stupid to get home at 6:45 in the morning on the day of a training session. Its fair to say his lack of brains let him down sometimes.

Ih he didnt have training today then it wouldnt bother me as much but he has a committment and should honour it,. Show some respect to Eade and Co.

How fast does a BMW X5 need to be going to knock down a power pole ?

Lucky to be alive by the sounds of it .

Don't the player's get taxi vouchers ? Regardless - just get a cab anyway .

Him being excluded from the team is a PR exercise, because of the media focus.

From having been with the team in Ireland, it's all about [censored]-ups and staying out til all hours.

I recall seeing Michael Voss, James McDonald and another I can't recall drunkenly wrestling with young Irishmen in the park at 4am in Galway.

Pretty sure it was the night before a match.

For the players, they play hard and they party hard.

It's a social event as much as it is playing for your country.

Edit: the other was Nick Davis.

Edited by Lutz

Col, Col, Col..........as i sit here shaking my head

Can we just go one pre season where you are not in the head lines for a late/early morning incident?

And people were calling for him to be part of the new leadership group for 2012 :o

Colin needs to have a good look at himself. Getting in touble for kicking his girlfriend, thrown out of a club when he fell asleep while was drinking with Didak and Didak went on to accompany a thug on a shooting spree and now this. How many hints do you need?

• Like 2

I've been told that cctv clears him of driving.

Melbourne Football Club confirmed Sylvia was interviewed by police today, who also had access to CCTV footage.

Police have confirmed that whilst Colin left the scene, as he was not the driver he has not committed an offence.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/melbourne-footy-star-colin-sylvia-questioned-over-south-melbourne-crash/story-e6frf7jo-1226174405534

Edited by RobbieF

I seriously cannot believe how quick to judge and damn people here are.

Colin was a passenger in what appears to be a single car collision.

He was out at 6.45am. That could mean he had a massive night, it could also mean he was getting up to do beach and weights. Either way, big deal in the off season or during the who cares cup?

It appears as well that Colin left the scene. What does that even mean when you're a passenger and you haven't committed an offence? Nothing. The driver allegedly left the scene.

Colin is a 26ish year old kid. FFS, give him a break. Have none of you ever been on learning journeys? Maybe start with the most important lessons about not judging others too harshly or quickly.

• Like 2

Colin needs to have a good look at himself. Getting in touble for kicking his girlfriend, thrown out of a club when he fell asleep while was drinking with Didak and Didak went on to accompany a thug on a shooting spree and now this. How many hints do you need?

I believe that he kicked his girlfriend's bag not her. He was drinking with Didak not the other guy so what's the problem with that? BTW I don't think Didak accompanied any thug on a shooting spree.

Storm in a teacup.

Based on the Hun and the Age nothing on Colin here ladies. Safe to move along now.

If they could give a wingnut like Fevola an Ireland jolly then I think Colin has no issues with representing Australia in the upcoming circus.

I disagree. Being out after 6am affected his training for IR and on the back of his less than stellar year it shows an immature man than won't commit to his talent. But good old Col will apologise to his teammates once again and put it behind him.

At least he is no longer playing that stupid game that means nothing. I am just glad he wasn't hurt. Having been in a couple accidents with cars, if Col ran, maybe it just freaked him right out. Get off his case.

Col has actually done nothing wrong besides being a bit of a twit.

The MFC release on this states he was on his way home from his friends place where he stayed the night before. The club would not be stupid enough to run with this reason if they didn't have enough evidence to believe it to be true.

If we are to believe the club it would seem he was up at this time to get back to his place in plenty of time to make it to training.

I will back in the club to not lie to its members. Those drawing conclusions can do just that, but in the end none of you who are know the full story.

A nothing story on a slow news day. Moving on.

• Like 2

He kicked her bag, not her.