Denham's problems with Melbourne

Redleg

They have a pharmacist for a coach.

Strange he didn't know about Cousins habit?

Or the other two

has also forgotten about the small fact that the AFL was 5 minutes away from taking over the way they were running things.

And the best player in the legue could not get out of there fast enough.

Oh well greg I guess your mob does not stand for much either

It was contrived self promotion at it's best

footy journalists used to report about the footy , now it is all about causing a stir, making sweeping statements, being the first to print

with no ramifications if they are wrong or right.

Denham stirred the pot to fill 1/2 hour on KB's show and if he becomes hated by melbourne supports he then is known by Melbourne supporters.

This thread shows he has achieved his goal . He will no doubt read it, as forums like these are where the majority of journalists get there stories to fill their papers these days.

This whole argument about what we 'stand for' is an empty, intellectually vacant heap of horse excrement fired under extreme pressure...or under almost no pressure. What do hawthorn 'stand for'...what does essendon 'stand for'...what does brisbane stand for...? They are football teams and they stand for playing football. That is it.

RPFC is right - it is all down to PR. Are we really going to start thinking about the value the club has based on what a PR company wants to say about us...really? Seriously? The blues stand for cheating - have done for years - and the cats were called 'handbaggers' for years - does anyone really care? If you give a stuff about what pony-tailed, suit-wearing mouth-breathing bogans say about you then you need an appointment with the oft-sited cup of concrete.

Lord save us from our own!

Mate how can you even mention Carlton and cheating.

There is not the slightest doubt in anyones mind that we tanked for two years.

He who is without fault cast the first stone.

Bruise Free Footy

They like the outside game not willing to crack in and get dirty

Stands for Nothing - Denham is only repeating a commonly held view, an extreme one but there are plenty out there that see us as irrelevant

Cant keep a No 1 draft pick (Martin stayed at his club and would of received a similar offer)

Reoccurring themes surely, of course they are only perceptions but they are very strong and mud sticks

that's why people can sue for deformation.

I take relief that the admin seems to have been separated and what appears to be a serious coach appointed

the fact that the footy department has been bolstered I believe means we are finally serious about improving on

field performance.

Edited by Diablo Deemon

We should activate our comp pick, tank and get picks 1&2 next year, in the "super draft"... that would stuff them.... :o

We should activate our comp pick, tank and get picks 1&2 next year, in the "super draft"... that would stuff them.... :o

Not the stupidest idea going around we need to get value for mercenary 31

we need elite talent especially in the midfield.

We cant get any through trade we have to develop them then

Greg Denham is nothing more than a "scribbler" he's not worth worrying about too much!

Having said that, I must admit I was annoyed by his insulting comments towards the Melbourne Football Club.

I suggest we gang up on him next time he's on SEN Radio with KB. The number is 9429 1116

Let him know that if he feels the urge to put down our Club without giving a possible solution that we will NOT cop it from him or anybody else!

I don't mind hearing constructive criticism. But if somebody is not going to offer a possible solution to problems with the Melbourne Football Club and simply want to "bag out" our beloved club then they can go and get stuffed! :mad:

I too find it hard to know what they mean "we stand for nothing". We are a football club with a proud history and we play football. That is what we stand for.

The fact we got smashed by the cats and have been down for a while does not mean we stand for nothing or stand for anything less, it means we are just not that good at playing football atm.

Not the stupidest idea going around we need to get value for mercenary 31

we need elite talent especially in the midfield.

We cant get any through trade we have to develop them then

Oh mate I know it is friday afternoon but what have you been drinking?

That is the stupidest idea going around.

• Like 1

POETS ??

Maybe i am easily pleased , but bar the last 5 awful years, I have loved the Northey + era despite the dips along the way. Our 2 Grand Final losses were against post war sides of legendary quality. I have no doubt we could have knocked over the pretty average 1990 Collingwood premiership side. What about our demolition in the finals of eventual premier, Adelaide and then having to travel west where the Eagles had a cattery-like record. And then there was the great fun of the Allen Jacovich experience........i've mostly enjoyed the ride , being consistently competitive means more to me than winning an occasional flag.

3 picks inside top 9 next year in the first draft in 3 years that hasn't been corrupted and is supposedly a bumper year

is the stupidest idea going around.

really?

at least we'd ensure value for the mercenary.

Maybe i am easily pleased , but bar the last 5 awful years, I have loved the Northey + era despite the dips along the way. Our 2 Grand Final losses were against post war sides of legendary quality. I have no doubt we could have knocked over the pretty average 1990 Collingwood premiership side. What about our demolition in the finals of eventual premier, Adelaide and then having to travel west where the Eagles had a cattery-like record. And then there was the great fun of the Allen Jacovich experience........i've mostly enjoyed the ride , being consistently competitive means more to me than winning an occasional flag.

I will be very Happy if Coach Neeld is similiar to John Northey in attitude.

Yes you are

Denham is a nobody and a populist - My pet budgie knows more about footy than this irrelevant muck-raker ! Best to ignore .

Me too

LOL, I know I am fairly new to posting on these boards but I think I like the way you and RobbieF! think!!! :) (btw if either of you need an exclamation mark, I just used up three)

My point was that carlton being cheats for decades is irrelevant to their "image" and how they are perceived and marketed and thought of by most people. Who cares. That pissy truth gets largely ignored, the CFC is just known as a football club who try anything to win games of...wait for it...football. Which is what they stand for. Which is what we stand for. Which it all any damn footy club stands for.

BTW, I'm absolutely stumped about where you got the idea that I was being righteous about melbourne. Point it out would you, because I'll be damned if I can see it.

We need to get slapped around in the media. I'd like to see more. GD is only reflecting the sentiments of the broader football community. Nothing to do with hate. Just an acknowledgment of our bona fide inferior status. We deserve to be disrespected. Better to deflect our ire at the club. Would help our cause better than deflecting it at some journo who has nothing to do with the club.

Edited by america de cali

And then you'll turn around the next season and ask why we aren't competitive, or soft, or bruise free, or whatever.

Becoming a hard team doesn't just happen. It has to be earned. And we have to start winning, and now!

There will be no more tanks!

LOL, I know I am fairly new to posting on these boards but I think I like the way you and RobbieF! think!!! :) (btw if either of you need an exclamation mark, I just used up three)

Welcome aboard but don't get too close you'll get tarred with the same brush and labeled a pessimist or just plain negative.

I don't sugar coat it I reckon we've been doing that for too long. You get a [censored] like Denham have a go at the club and we immediately fire back at him without considering that he may have a point.

We have a long way to go to repair this great club of ours; we've started but it's going to be a long haul and despite what some might think I'll be there along the way.

Welcome aboard but don't get too close you'll get tarred with the same brush and labeled a pessimist or just plain negative.

I don't sugar coat it I reckon we've been doing that for too long. You get a [censored] like Denham have a go at the club and we immediately fire back at him without considering that he may have a point.

We have a long way to go to repair this great club of ours; we've started but it's going to be a long haul and despite what some might think I'll be there along the way.

But that's the whole point Robbie F. Denham does not acknowledge that we have achieved anything in the last 4 years....

No one is disputing how far we still have to go.

And all this coming from a Wet Coke Supporter.....I can see why Demon supporters want to Deck him....i sure did this morning.!!