Denham's problems with Melbourne

Redleg

He's at it again - can't help himself! Telling us to get up with the times because we are currently playing 92% of the cap. What a toss bag!

Is that the reason he has had another crack..i just had a friend message me tell me he is calling us a rabble again.....

If that is why he is calling us a rabble he has pretty much shown what an idiot he is.

Is that the reason he has had another crack..i just had a friend message me tell me he is calling us a rabble again.....

If that is why he is calling us a rabble he has pretty much shown what an idiot he is.

Pretty much - he said a memo has gone out to all clubs that they must pay 100% of the cap, he said Tim Harrington has given incorrect info. He also had a crack at us for apparantly sacking Cameron Schwab and then re-hiring him. What is this guys problem? I tried to look him up on Wikipedia to see if he has any past ties to the club as it seems like he has a case of the old sour grapes syndrome but he is not even on Wikipedia! Why is this fool on SEN - what is his claim to fame? Writing for the Australian is hardly a claim to fame because as far as footy goes The Australian has about as much credibility as Sports News First. Can anyone please confirm why this idiot is on the airwaves???????

Edited by simma02

I sent this e-mail to KB...don't think it will get read out but anyway...

IS this guy serious??...calling us a rabble because we don't pay 100% of the salary cap.

This proves what an irrelevant waste of space this guy is. No wonder he works for the Australian, Australia's most irrelevant newspaper.

Does this fool actually understand that by doing what we are doing it puts us in a position to trade for players (Clark), and next year be in prime position with money available to be a big player to target someone in Free Agency. Not only that but in the future when our young stars will be demanding big contracts, we will be able to keep them without having the salary cap pressure like the Saints do this year.

I guess we need to have a drug culture like his beloved Weagles for him to support us.

Seriously, KB, bring back Smith, not even he is that dumb.

If you want to email SEN why just refute the claim - we are paying all of the cap, but itis 'effectively' 92.5% as we are frontloading.

It is ingenius and will be THE reason we get an established star next year if we are able to attract one.

We arent in a rabble I think Port are a team that are in a rabble. But some of the things Greg said are right. At the moment we dont stand for much. We arent a big melbourne club, no one fears playing us, we dont have the big crowds , our supporters dont turn up if we are losing and at the moment we dont have any superstar players that people rate. I think we have some great players but no on else looks at our list and says there is superstar.

Clark well I think it was a great move and the jury will be out on the decision and what we are paying him but I reckon he will deliver for us. As someone said on SEN we needed a tall foward not a mid fielder. Greg has to realise that we are over Scully going and some of us know that Jack Viney will slot in and do the job the year after.

The only way to shut people up is to actually win and get into the finals on a consistent basis. Not come out and win by 10 goals then the next week lose by 80 points. We need consistent wins. Im confident 2012 will deliver that.

• Like 1

At the moment we dont stand for much.

What does that mean: "we don't stand for anything/much".

What do Carlton stand for?

What do Brisbane stand for?

It is meaningless sequence of words.

Demetriou used the expression in a fit of anger, to express displeasure.

But beyond the pejorative, it has no meaning.

• Like 3

What does that mean: "we don't stand for anything/much".

What do Carlton stand for?

What do Brisbane stand for?

It is meaningless sequence of words.

Demetriou used the expression in a fit of anger, to express displeasure.

But beyond the pejorative, it has no meaning.

But what I want to know is what Denham stands for?

Actually I couldn't give a stuff, he's about as useless as a hair on a goat's chin

• Like 2

But what I want to know is what Denham stands for?

Actually I couldn't give a stuff, he's about as useless as a hair on a goat's chin

SEN should really podcast Denham's rants of bile so we can stockpile evidence. I missed his bile this morning...from a west coast culture. Now that is funny!!

Heard Gerard, David King and Caro on AW Sports Tonight last night questioning the Mitch Clark trade and how much we're paying him. FFS what a bunch of idiots.

King was saying for that amount of money we need a 70+ goal a year contribution - no what we need is 120 goals from Clark, Watts and Jurrah. He's a structural recruitment - Chris Tarrant or Harry Taylor aren't playing on Jack Watts with Scarlett or Maxwell 3rd up - they're on Clark now. Reid or Lonergan are on Watts and Scarlett or Maxwell are leaving Jurrah to go 3rd man up. It's a totally different story.

Caro said that other players would resent what we are paying Clark - Gerard and King said - no players want to play with good players who will help the team improve.

Gerard was banging on about how Kelvin Templeton brought great leadership to MFC despite no contribution on-field and doubted whether Clark would bring that - gee sorry Gerard, a 23 year old Jonathan Brown wasn't available for trade this year so we had to settle for Mitch. How often does a accomplished 23 year old KPF come up for trade? Never - that's how often. In my recollection, Kennedy in the Judd trade and maybe Henderson in the Fev trade are the only examples I can think of and they were compensation for the main trade target. So you have to pay for this type of player. Would we have been better off keeping Brad Miller or recruiting Setanta, Gerard?

Caro was saying pick 12 is a steep trade price - how dumb can you get? At least King disagreed with her on that.

Apparently the night before King was pressing Clark about what he said to Vossy when he didn't actually end up choosing to go home to Freo. It's pretty easy to understand David - he was set to go to Freo and settled on leaving Brisbane - he found out that he was going to end up at GWS instead if he insisted on going to Freo so he chose the Melbourne offer.

The Clark recruitment is a great coup for MFC.

Edited by old55
  • Like 1

Caro was saying pick 12 is a steep trade price - how dumb can you get?

The night before, King was saying at one point that with pick 12, Melbourne had paid over the odds for someone who had not consistently performed; minutes later, he said that Brisbane had only picked up pick 12 for Clark in a weak draft. Both clubs losers, apparently. Analysis for the attention deficit disordered.

Also, apparently last night he was banging on about "how could Melbourne delist Maric, with his elite kicking". Suggests King's in depth knowledge of the number 19 was limited to the page from his media guide with the highlight of Maric's alleged 85% conversion rate in the U18s. Lazy.

The night before, King was saying at one point that with pick 12, Melbourne had paid over the odds for someone who had not consistently performed; minutes later, he said that Brisbane had only picked up pick 12 for Clark in a weak draft. Both clubs losers, apparently. Analysis for the attention deficit disordered.

Also, apparently last night he was banging on about "how could Melbourne delist Maric, with his elite kicking". Suggests King's in depth knowledge of the number 19 was limited to the page from his media guide with the highlight of Maric's alleged 85% conversion rate in the U18s. Lazy.

I used to rate King, he sounded authoritative and knowledgeable and speaks about interesting topics - until I actually started to listen closely to what he said. He's full of it.

• Like 4

I used to rate King, he sounded authoritative and knowledgeable and speaks about interesting topics - until I actually started to listen closely to what he said. He's full of it.

With you there, O55. I thought King was a bit sharp, but the more I listen to him, the more I think he tries too hard to make clever points, but instead says the bleedin' obvious or make big statements that flop.

• Like 2

I cottoned on when he was at the Tigers and was always so available to the cameras at the breaks - he said all the footy jargon and it was meaningless.

He's all hat, no head.

• Like 1