Morton will go to GWS

Dee1987

Forget Scully going there, Morton will go. Honestley his body language the last few weeks clearly states his heart isnt with the red and blue ( another Cam Bruce) plus stupid turnovers aswell. Spewin we didnt get Cyril Rioli we would be leathal!!!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly not too worried about losing Morton. He has seemingly not gotten over the issues relating to him bulking up at all, and I'm beginning to think he never will, and he just is not coming on at all (going backwards even). As long as we get sufficiently compensated and manage that compensation correctly, it could prove to be an absolute winner for us.

Honestly not too worried about losing Morton. He has seemingly not gotten over the issues relating to him bulking up at all, and I'm beginning to think he never will, and he just is not coming on at all (going backwards even). As long as we get sufficiently compensated and manage that compensation correctly, it could prove to be an absolute winner for us.

Agreed. i said since day dot that he was never going to get big enough and i guess I'm right again

Forget Scully going there, Morton will go. Honestley his body language the last few weeks clearly states his heart isnt with the red and blue ( another Cam Bruce) plus stupid turnovers aswell. Spewin we didnt get Cyril Rioli we would be leathal!!!

One could also say Dangerfield. But TBH, he is so overrated. He only plays one good game every eight, and he gets most of his possies when the game is well no longer a contest. Would still prefer him over Morton though.

Agreed. i said since day dot that he was never going to get big enough and i guess I'm right again

You wanted Palmer.

The way you paraded yourself around as a star recruiter when Palmer won the rising star was embarrassing.

How is Palmer going now?

Masten, Morton, Palmer, Myers - how the hell did that WA team win anything. You'd think it would be one turn over after another.

If only we tanked better and got Cotchin! Although then we'd miss out on the fun of Jordie McKenzie doing a great job on him.

By the way, I know Sheeds is in charge, but GWS won't just take anyone!

I think the increased speed of the game is killing Morton. He's never had to execute under pressure before and it's killing his skills. The rest of his game is fixed pretty easily with a bit of work with his attitude, but his skills are shocking.

Edited by the master

He's still very young, has plenty of talent, has some elite attributes, and was drafted as a long term project considering how skinny and undersized he was at 18.

People on demonland will write him off.... of coarse... just like they wrote off Watts and Frawley and Garland early in their careers.

Sometimes 194cm+ players take some time! patience is required

cann't believe the fall from grace with morton. i remember him being talked up as a serious superstar for us when he was drafted.. amazing change

"Fall from grace"?

Is that what you call it?

I thought it was just a bunch of hacks sitting in their homes typing furiously about him on a fan forum because they no longer have Cam Bruce to complain about. I know he's struggling a bit right now, but all indications are that the club still see him as a promising player with a clear place in the future premiership tilt.

wasn't just a bunch of hacks but recruiters, the media and afl professions thought h was the next big thing. well if thats the case then he needs to harden the [censored] up get his mind right and start getting his mentality fixed coz atm i wouldn't stressed if we got rid of him

He's still very young, has plenty of talent, has some elite attributes, and was drafted as a long term project considering how skinny and undersized he was at 18.

People on demonland will write him off.... of coarse... just like they wrote off Watts and Frawley and Garland early in their careers.

Sometimes 194cm+ players take some time! patience is required

Good post. Yes there are hundreds of 194cm players who can run quickly and play anywhere from BP down to FP. Given time he will fill out more and may be a key position player who with his speed and mobility can cause headaches for the opposition. On the other hand he could be a tall quick HFF who is also hard to man up on. Too many are too quick to write him off. He made some clangers yesterday but coming on in a pressure situation late in a game can lead to that. Cut him some slack people, these guys aren't machines.

Morton is going tobe a great player, he's going to take more time though.

Mail is that he's gone.... He signed a HOA last year, with GWS. Morton is GONE!! :o

Fortunately for you there are guidelines which limit the words that can be used that can reply to this.

I do not like your post and many of your other posts. Your posts are poor.

Cale Morton needs to be played Forward of the centre.

He is NOT a Defender, that is obvious....He isn't gone yet, but he will have to find his place in the side really quick, Because our Newbies are grabbing their chances very smartly.

FIRE UP CALE......again.

"Fall from grace"?

Is that what you call it?

I thought it was just a bunch of hacks sitting in their homes typing furiously about him on a fan forum because they no longer have Cam Bruce to complain about. I know he's struggling a bit right now, but all indications are that the club still see him as a promising player with a clear place in the future premiership tilt.

As I see it also.

Good post. Yes there are hundreds of 194cm players who can run quickly and play anywhere from BP down to FP. Given time he will fill out more and may be a key position player who with his speed and mobility can cause headaches for the opposition. On the other hand he could be a tall quick HFF who is also hard to man up on. Too many are too quick to write him off. He made some clangers yesterday but coming on in a pressure situation late in a game can lead to that. Cut him some slack people, these guys aren't machines.

One of his main attributes is his tank and IMO making him sub was a mistake; he didn't really have time to warm up and there's no point in have and endurance athlete entered in a sprint.

Contested footy isnt part of Cales natural game, but I've seen signs of improvement in this area.

I like him, but he reminds me of Cam Bruce, and the team can only accommodate one CB at a time.

Wish he would prove me wrong though.