Ins & Outs

Striker475

I'd say without having seen the game yet, but from the radio and peoples thoughts I've read, I'd say we need one really tall Ruck to help our "belief". So if he's ready, I'd rush in Campbell. I'd keep juice as the forward and help ruck up forward and pinch hit.

Martin to stay.It sounds as though Dunn may be gone, so I think Bate must come in. I think it was a mistake to drop him. His bulk last week was "handy", and I think it went unnoticed for it's value. He added some stability and assurence to the forwardline and Mid zone, without it showing on the data sheets.

Stay with Jetta, and maybe bring in a Nicholson or evans. We need some more maturity in the side since losing Jamar, Trengove, Garland, and now Bail. So prob's Rivers needs to come in to steady the ship if Garland is gone. How did Bennell go? The saints next week. Garland will be a big loss if he's out.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry I dont care what you say we missed Bate today. I know he didnt set the world on fire last week but he is a good lead up player and can kick goals from outside 50 and he also sets them up to with his long kicking.

After 1/4 time we had no structure and when Watts went back we had no one. It should be on Jurraha' shoulders to kick a bag every week.

Campbell is not ready, he played a half in the Casey 2nds last week, he will get a full game for Casey seconds tomorrow but they are only playing a scatch match as they have the bye this week. We can't go in with the same ruck combination as we did today, we need to have one person who can at least compete, no more third man up, we must play Gawn, he might no give you a lot around the ground but at least we will geta contest at the stoppages. You keep Martin and Newton in, Newton up forward and Martin to Ruck. Same with McKenzie, as good a footballer he is he will need at least to more weeks at Casey

In Gawn, Evans, Macdonald

Out Garland, Bail, Dunn

Tapscott Warnock MacDonald

Davey Frawley Bennell

Jones Moloney Sylvia

Petterd Watts Green

Maric Jurrah Newton

Martin Gysberts Bartram

Gawn Jetta Evans

Sub Aussie

As a Gysberts fan, I was really disappointed with the number of his turnovers today.

I love Gysberts' ability to win the ball but I always pray for a quick handball or an easy sideways kick when he gets the ball. I don't like seeing him kick it forward.

Campbell is not ready, he played a half in the Casey 2nds last week, he will get a full game for Casey seconds tomorrow but they are only playing a scatch match as they have the bye this week. We can't go in with the same ruck combination as we did today, we need to have one person who can at least compete, no more third man up, we must play Gawn, he might no give you a lot around the ground but at least we will geta contest at the stoppages. You keep Martin and Newton in, Newton up forward and Martin to Ruck. Same with McKenzie, as good a footballer he is he will need at least to more weeks at Casey

In Gawn, Evans, Macdonald

Out Garland, Bail, Dunn

Tapscott Warnock MacDonald

Davey Frawley Bennell

Jones Moloney Sylvia

Petterd Watts Green

Maric Jurrah Newton

Martin Gysberts Bartram

Gawn Jetta Evans

Sub Aussie

Martin was really good today. Dunn was terrible and also negligent on his hit on Pratt. All day he just played stupid football. Would prefer Bate in his place everyday. Dunn hears footsteps and always will. Just thought Bate added a lot to our side and the fwd line responded well with him in the side. His drop was plainly stupid = FAILED

Jetta worked hard but lacked support. Needs to stay in the team for a period of time - believe he can give us some hardness and drive.

Out: Bail, Garland, Dunn, Wonaeamirri

As for the In's I think they'll come out of Rivers, Macdonald, Blease, Strauss, McDonald, Evans, Morton, Nicholson and Bate.

Possibly 8 of our best 22 out next week. Ouch.

Big Ouch. Of the above, Blease and Strauss probably a bit underdone with their recent injuries. Bate has been tried and found wanting, Morton still has some homework to do it seems, and of Evans and Nicholson, would be surprised if they both got elevated, as that would leave us without the ability to upgrade Campbell (as things stand). McDonald surely must be a chance, if he can't get a run with 8 of the first 22 out, you'd wonder what he's doing there.

Whatever happens though, think we're in for a rough ride for the next month or more.

It won't be wholesale because we simply don't have enough fit players......

Out:

Bail

Garland

Dunn

Bennell (maybe)

In (and this does depend greatly on Sunday):

MacDonald

Rivers (if fit)

Evans

Gawn (only an outside chance i still think)

If you look at our opposition next week we run into many similar problems as this week-

Reiwoldt / Koschitski / McEvoy

With Garland likely to miss, we will need Frawley, Rivers and MacDonald to be at their best. Our rucking is an issue and that is why Gawn is an outside chance but i don't want to rush this kid and risk another injury given what he has been through. Rock and a hard place. The loss of Dunn means that everything will fall onto Newton and Martin. It is a faith call by the match committee. Do they keep that combination, or do they stick Newton down forward permanently and play Gawn and Martin (the flexibility being that Martin can also go to defence if one of our keys are getting beaten).

As i'm typing i'm thinking that if Gawn plays well he might make his debut. Think it will come down to Rivers' fitness and Evans performance too.

And might i add-

With the injuries and players missing, i really want to see Blease, Strauss and Morton all have really good performances not only this week but for the next few weeks. Take their chances. I still hold out hope that in time these three are all still important to our long term plans and can make a real impact...

MASS CHANGES GALORE!!

OUT: Bail (inj.), Garland (inj.), Dunn (susp./useless), Jetta, Bennell

IN: Rivers (??) McKenzie (pending VFL form), Evans (pending VFL form, but has been amazing last few weeks!), Nicholson (pending VFL form), Bate

Time to test the depth, folks!!! *gulp*

**Martin MUST be in our side every week**

Edited by DeezMan

In: Blease. Like to think we could get a game out of a top 20 pick from 3 years ago. Honestly, his failure to reach the level (I understand the injury) and Watts' failure to perform at it have me scratching my head about that draft, and the one before with Morton.

MASS CHANGES GALORE!!

OUT: Bail (inj.), Garland (inj.), Dunn (susp./useless), Jetta, Bennell

IN: Rivers (??) McKenzie (pending VFL form), Evans (pending VFL form, but has been amazing last few weeks!), Nicholson (pending VFL form), Bate

Time to test the depth, folks!!! *gulp*

**Martin MUST be in our side every week**

Totally wholeheartedly agree on Stef Martin......his development as a ruckman in the space of less than 10 games has been excellent, and a rapid development curve, albeit overshadowed by the fact that we are a woeful football team. Did anybody notice how he roved his own hitouts in the first quarter? If they leave him in the ones and stop stuffing around with him at Casey, within 2 to 3 years he will become one of the league's best versatile talls.....LET HIM DEVELOP IN THE AFL!!!!!!!!!

Gys was fine yesterday. He has unbelievable hands in close. Did you notice how many times he shot out a handball only for the receiving player to juggle/spill the pill?! In fact, heaps of our players did it all day, running past a pack, handball gets fired out, and they handle it like it's a hot a potato. Gys is best when our passing runners don't pass so bloody close - he has killer vision and can get a handball out of traffic to a free runner. Yesterday we were back to Daniher-style traffic jam work, with 30cm handballs made under pressure to players under more pressure and about to run into a brick wall...

Hard to be too tough on a team with so many injuries. So many of our players were completely out on their feet in the last quarter. On one of the last North 'fast break' goals, did anyone see Frawley trying to make the run back? He had nothing left in the tank. Zero.

I'd like to see Howe in for Dunn...hopeing he play well in the VFL today!

Was waiting for Howe to get a mention. Our forward line needs a lift. Given he is 20 years old, let's roll the dice.

As far as the outs are concerned, Bail, Garland (both injured), Dunn and Wonaeamirri. My ideal ins would be Howe, Macdonald, Nicholson and Rivers but it all depends on what happens at Casey (obviously).

B: Macdonald, Warnock, Rivers

HB: Bartram, Frawley, Bennell

C: Davey, Moloney, Green

HF: Howe, Jurrah, Jetta

F: Maric, Watts, Petterd

Foll: Martin, Jones, Sylvia

I/C: Gysberts, Newton, Nicholson, Tapscott

I know we need to make changes and due to injuries some will be forced. I am almost to the point of giving young players a go, such as the youngest McDonald, Evans, Blease and Howe. We need to see them play so we can get rid of our drift wood.

I dont really care how they play at Casey, just give some of them a go.

Dunn needs to go, suspension or not. I have never really rated him, I would prefer Bate than him! (which is saying a lot)

I also have never rated Wonna, people get very excited about him, but I have never seen is. He is lazy and honestly looks like he is not trying on most occassions. I would replace him with whoever, just get him out and tell him to lose 5 to 10 kg and pull his finger out.

Outs: Garland, Bail, Wonna, Dunn

Ins: Bate, Howe, Blease and either of the McDonalds.

There are others on the cusp too, Jetta (at least he put pressure on), Bennell (also needs to pull his finger out and work his arse off), Green (would be good if our skipper is out there and giving something), Warnock (just going, does his job and thats about it), Newton (just holding the spot until better options come back, and why cant he play like he did in the 1st quarter all game?).

Out: Bail, Garland (injured), Dunn (suspended), Jetta, Bennell

In: McKenzie, JMac, Evans, Nicholson, Gawn

Don't know how you can informed changes until after the Casey game! All we now right now is Garland & Bail out.

In: Blease. Like to think we could get a game out of a top 20 pick from 3 years ago. Honestly, his failure to reach the level (I understand the injury) and Watts' failure to perform at it have me scratching my head about that draft, and the one before with Morton.

Pathetic comment re: Blease. The kid has been injured repeatedly.

The Watts comment runs a close second in the pathetic stakes. He is improving each and every week. His agility and fitness have been standouts so far. With more time will come more confidence and a greater sense of his role.

And Dunn, there is no way he won't be suspended for that.

He should be dropped anyway - no big loss, despite The Hun saying he is a "key player". Yeh I laughed at that.

He has been dismal and who knows how he has kept his spot. Surely Bate should replace him??

He should be dropped anyway - no big loss, despite The Hun saying he is a "key player". Yeh I laughed at that.

He has been dismal and who knows how he has kept his spot. Surely Bate should replace him??

Probably Bate, yeah. I agree he should be dropped as well, he is stupidly out of form.

I made the point elsewhere that I've never been sold on him, and yesterday proves once again why. Every time he gets the ball I worry he is going to shank it or take the wrong option. Days like yesterday show off the very worst of him. He can have very good days, yes, but his worst is far more disastrous than his best is beneficial.

Out: Bail (inj), Garland (inj), Dunn (dropped)

In: Strauss, Rivers, Bate

Positional changes: Move Green to deep forward, Davey back into the midfield, Tapscott not as deep in defence.

Next week ins: Morton, Jordie McKenzie and Bail.

Morton having spent 3 weeks at Casey should hopefully have worked on defensive pressure and come back into the seniors. he has too much talent to be left permanently at Casey