Jack Trengove

barass 31

Smart footballer just starting to find his way in the game. Given the pressure our kids have been under and a rigorous gameplan you can forgive any single player for not "starring". I think once the intricacies of our gameplan start to flourish from the regemented level we have displayed this year he will become more prominent. One of many players who will benefit from another preseason and improved facilities. I actually prefer him midfield to forward due to his composure.

Well said. Agree entirely.

None of the kids should have played the last couple of games.

Interestingly, I heard Bailey on "Before the Game" on Saturday evening make fun of this very concept.

Hughesy proposed it as a joke and Bailey joked along, before dismissing it as nonsense (paraphrasing).

Interestingly, I heard Bailey on "Before the Game" on Saturday evening make fun of this very concept.

Hughesy proposed it as a joke and Bailey joked along, before dismissing it as nonsense (paraphrasing).

The point of this discussion is to have an opinion. Oh well, Bailey has a different opinion to me. That's okay.

Further, that show's content is for a laugh and to release happy endorphins. Bailey's hardly going to divulge FD thinking or strategies.

Edited by jumbo returns

Agree. So good has McKenzie been this year I think there's little doubt that he was a major factor in why Junior was forced into a slightly premature retirement.

I love the way Jordie directs the other players out on the field, he will be a leader at the club for many years to come.

Trengove was our best player in the first quarter on Sunday. He's simply struggling to run out games now.

How he keeps the ball under pressure, and brings players into the game around him is amazing. Not to mention he is a better user than Scully and his mark yesterday showed what he is capable of in the air.

Can't wait for his second season.

He's had 3 quiet games. Everybody panic because OMFG he's now probably not going to make it :rolleyes:

Just because Scully is a freak and can run out his first season better than 10 year veterans, doesn't mean we should hold everyone to the same standard. He must be really feeling the pinch of a long season. He was phenomenal early on in the year and will continue to develop. He'll be at least an A grader, if not better.

Jack Trengove: Jack did some exciting things again. It’s been a long year for Jack, and he got himself over the line with his preparation. He’s done really well this year.

Player review (Mark Williams) from Rnd 22, probably sums up Jack's year nicely IMO. Reading into two lines of a comment is always fraught with danger but it tells me that Jack was probably set back a bit after his injury. Seems he has worked through any issue there to get to the line. It says much about his character if indeed what I am reading into is being read correctly :huh:

Will be a star, all class.

Edited by Demon Hill
  • Like 1

Poor thread. Jack is one of two players I have zero worry about becoming a superstar, the other being Frawley.

As for Bate... he's a trade option because we have Dunn, Watts and Jurrah all playing tall roles in the forward line, along with Petterd who also plays tall. Add to that that Dunn and Watts, as the only genuine KP forwards both play up the ground, and that Bate is ONLY good outside fifty, and it means as far as our recipe goes, Bate might get squeezed out, or at least play less than 22 games in a year.

Given that he's a very, very good player, it means that he has market value + a LOT of competition for his spot = trade option.

It's nothing to do with his poor end to the year. He's got a lot of brownie points.

No issues with Jack Trengove. Remember that Scully is a running machine and his tank is huge, he was able to run out the year nicely yesterday.

Jack's injury set him back a little, slowed him up further. Needs to do a bit of sprinting work IMO to work on his speed, bit more strength obviously.

He is a calm player that will be a star, loved the mark yesterday over Warren, I think?

Agree and well explained.Scully is one of the fittest players in the league. He actually will also get fitter- missed pre season for most part due to injury.Only started in late Feb,therefore watch out next year.Will be golden. Trengove ran out of puff.

Will Jack Trengove make it?

MFCSS.

I write an essay on the syndrome every summer. Trengove?!

To those that say other supporters also have the syndrome - they inflate the negative.

Melbourne supporters question the positive and turn it into a negative.

As a defence mechanism, perhaps?

Expecting the worst has it's advantages - hopes never collapse because they are never raised in the first place.

Trengove, really?!

Edited by rpfc

I write an essay on the syndrome every summer. Trengove?!

To those that say other supporters also have the syndrome - they inflate the negative.

Melbourne supporters question the positive and turn it into a negative.

So many discussions on Demonland are proof to the very opposite - just look at all the Demonland threads asserting that X will be a star, captain or 200-game player.

Bell and Miller, who have just shunted off, are but two of the examples. Others have languished at Casey most of this season.

So many discussions on Demonland are proof to the very opposite - just look at all the Demonland threads asserting that X will be a star, captain or 200-game player.

Bell and Miller, who have just shunted off, are but two of the examples. Others have languished at Casey most of this season.

Excellent point, we jump on to support players as quickly as we jump off. Miller is definitely the best example, although to our credit i would've thought most people said he should be played as a forward and nothing else. IMO one of Daniher's greatest stuff ups. McLean is another excellent example, still a bit POed that he ditched us but happy with the Gys!

On the thread topic........Trengove? :huh:

I have no doubts whatsoever about him, he was fantastic footy smarts and has shown more than enough in his first season.

Edited by Pates

This is on par with the Jack Watts threads.

Jack Trengove: Did everything expected of him as a No.2 draft pick. Was probably shaded by Scully but definitely did his bit and earned his spot. Will be a valuable part of the Melbourne midfield for years to come.