Addiction to Demonland

gOLLy

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I find my self hopelessly addicted visiting the site when ever I get the chance.

I'm worried it maybe becomming a illness B)

Just tought we see how often others on here spend on the site.

Edited by gOLLy

I find my self hopelessly addicted visiting the site when ever I get the chance.

I'm worried it maybe becomming a illness B)

Just tought we see how often others on here spend on the site.

Good thread mate.

I`m right there with ya. I think I spend far too long on here, there is a lot of mindless dribble at times, but this is where I got the bulk of my news on the players/club.

My wife is English and can`t believe that I read D`land nearly every day.

I used to visit a couple of times a day, but getting increasingly sick of the xxx is a spud, bring in xxx, Bailey's a looser etc. etc.

People are entitled to their opinions, but to keep banging on about the same stuff week in week out just gets tedious. Even a harmless "injuries" thread gets derailed by posters with their own axes to grind.

I frequently ask myself 'what has happened to the hours in the day?' Stupid question ....... the answer is simple really! Thanks to Andy and the crew, Demonland has become a great institution for Demon tragics like me.

Sitting at a desk all day and also being fairly new to Demonland I find myself on here far too often but I am sure the novelty will wear off and time will reduce!!

Easy to tell who the precious people here are though which is a bit sad. So what if things have been bought up before or people have their own axe to grind or even want to bake players, it's all a part of the passion and emotion involved and isn't that why the majority of people are here in the first place?. Can't you just ignore what you dont want to take in? Or is it the old freeway accident scenario where everyone has to stop to take a look.

Anyway, I enjoy getting more info than in the past from here and even if no one notices the dribble I may write, at least my wife doesn't have to listen to me bang on so often because I've vented in some way!

Go Demons!

Less lately. Like many I find myself bored stiff with the hysteria when we're struggling. It's frustrating at times but overall I'm enjoying the rollercoaster ride we're on, but I don't feel the general vibe of Demonland (or Demonology) is in line with that.

The good quality analysis is, by and large, missing at the moment.

Less lately. Like many I find myself bored stiff with the hysteria when we're struggling. It's frustrating at times but overall I'm enjoying the rollercoaster ride we're on, but I don't feel the general vibe of Demonland (or Demonology) is in line with that.

The good quality analysis is, by and large, missing at the moment.

Agreed. Sometimes I think I should only come here after a win.

Demonland was a great way to procrastinate while I was studying, but now that I'm working 10+ hours a day, I largely have no time.

Mind you, I thank my iphone and Demonland for keeping me amused while I was in hospital a couple of weeks back. Made the lying around with drips sticking out of everywhere and waiting for surgery that much less boring.

I could scrounge up some statistical data comparing the St.Kilda & Geelong lists to ours again Nasher. But I think we all know we're we are at. Besides, I can't be bothered for now. Less lately also. Like Jaded, I am finding the Watts' threads are tiresome and repetitive.

I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms with no debate. Where's rpfc, maybe he could produce another poll. :)

I have been reading for about 2 years... find myself fully entrenched more so in the off season largely due too the draft! I had been reading everypost everyday for a while there but i find it gets a bit repetative so just flick through 5 min here and there. But i admid i get alot if not all my MFC mail here and keep my fellow MFC mates and Family up to date.

I have posted recently that i feel this forum does bring me closer too the club especially with some of the information that is posted, so cant be a bad thing hey!

I could scrounge up some statistical data comparing the St.Kilda & Geelong lists to ours again Nasher. But I think we all know we're we are at. Besides, I can't be bothered for now. Less lately also. Like Jaded, I am finding the Watts' threads are tiresome and repetitive.

I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms with no debate. Where's rpfc, maybe he could produce another poll. :)

Debate, is that what the problem is. Not having a go at you or anyone HT. Thats what I find annoying, the adversarial nature, of these 'debates', as distinct to a simple discussion on ideas.

Maybe I'm not as competative as some.

Debate, is that what the problem is. Not having a go at you or anyone HT. Thats what I find annoying, the adversarial nature, of these 'debates', as distinct to a simple discussion on ideas.

Maybe I'm not as competative as some.

And there are mods, one in particular, that are worse than anyone on here. That's one of the key problems...

Though I will say the at times heavy-handed modding of 'land's team of admins' is probably what's led to its current success.

On average, once a month. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

I find the more dedicated i am to posting on 'Land, the less dedicated i am to the things that actually matter in my life (education, work, social life etc)!

I do like to jump on once in a while to read some news and stay up to date with what's happening at the club, but i rarely post anymore. It's just too involved.

And there are mods, one in particular, that are worse than anyone on here. That's one of the key problems...

Though I will say the at times heavy-handed modding of 'land's team of admins' is probably what's led to its current success.

I spose thinking about it, the way I probably come across in a certain image to some,,, I can't be bothered reading half the posts & just respond to stuff I've read early up in the post order, Because/ 1 I've been just learning how to use a forum with no one to teach me, but also there's so much demeaning & name calling & general baiting of people to upset them, I've got into the habit of not reading half the posts by many postors & skipping long winded posts all together.

So I guess I just come in to mention my thoughts without engaging anyone.

I really don't like the 'game' of trying to 'win' a so called argument, because thats what it ends up falling to.

I'd rather not chat with competitive argumentative types, but would rather relax & enjoy my day or evenings.

I think some people are scared to relax because the minds have too much room to wander onto things that haunt them, so rather than work those issues thru, they'd rather find an argument to distract themselves.

Edited by dee-luded

Guest hangon007

I used to visit a couple of times a day, but getting increasingly sick of the xxx is a spud, bring in xxx, Bailey's a looser etc. etc.

People are entitled to their opinions, but to keep banging on about the same stuff week in week out just gets tedious.

Yip nice post.

I also find like many AFL football forums this place has become very follow the "leader" mentality & quite negative at times.

Sad really, this forum or forums like this could be such a valuable tools for the club. Quite ironic really.

Edited by hangon007

Yip nice post.

I also find like many AFL football forums this place has become very follow the "leader" mentality & quite negative at times.

Sad really, this forum or forums like this could be such a valuable tools for the club. Quite ironic really.

Could it really? In what capacity?

>30 mins a day or week dependant upon work commitmenets / holidays / or other commitments. i do like to get my fix here though. i know there might be a bit or argy bargy but there is good discussion in some threads. it's the threads that are similar time and again that can get tedious for posters i believe.

<30 minutes per day. I frequent on about 5 other forums and I have my own (MMGN.com), and this place is pretty quiet compared to the others, but I like the community here and most of you know what you're talking about :P