Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Peter Jackson Interview



Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, old dee said:

 

Spot on SF. There has not been one statement from the club or players saying " please stay Jessie" Does that tell you something. There is a lot more to this than meets the eye. I see a lot of simulatives to the Watts trade last year.  

Ah those simulatives!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, dworship said:

Sorry Febes, I understand that nuance and semantics are somewhat lost on you and others on DL.

In plain language the MFC is asking "what's in it for us?" This is a different prepossession to wanting him to go or stay.

You mean like, “we can’t land May unless Jesse leaves”.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, SFebes said:

You mean like, “we can’t land May unless Jesse leaves”.....

No actually, I mean; if Jesse leaves we can afford the May trade so there is something in it for us.

I think the club has taken a pragmatic approach and will be content with whatever the outcome is.

Edited by dworship
Clarification
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Needs a new fred

 

the other one has lost the plot 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting comment by David Noble Footy Manager of Lions in reference to Neale. He said they would offer pick 5 and that there was also value in getting a deal done that allows other deals to happen. He then said he was very confident of doing the Neale deal.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

Another Hogan thread? 

Does this count towards the page total in the Hogan thread?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Redleg said:

Interesting comment by David Noble Footy Manager of Lions in reference to Neale. He said they would offer pick 5 and that there was also value in getting a deal done that allows other deals to happen. He then said he was very confident of doing the Neale deal.

On ya David Noble👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if we start a second hogan thread would that increase the chance of getting a second top 10 pick from freo?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

if we start a second hogan thread would that increase the chance of getting a second top 10 pick from freo?

Might achieve that by deleting the existing Hogan thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if it’s been mentioned already, a short time ago on SEN they said Tom Langdon ‘toured’ the Swans’ facilities today. 

A few days ago one of the journos stated a signing with the Pies was around the corner. Guess not. 

 

  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Engorged Onion said:

@Dee tention is this a gut feel? or knowledge?

The bloke you're quoting spends his life making these sort of declarations, but they are based on nothing more than his fanciful imagination.

It's very disingenuous, but he's rarely challenged.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, old dee said:

 

Spot on SF. There has not been one statement from the club or players saying " please stay Jessie" Does that tell you something. There is a lot more to this than meets the eye. I see a lot of simulatives to the Watts trade last year.  

I haven't seen them for years...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jake Niall on The Age reporting that Carlton will be sending two second round picks to Sydney for pick 13, then on-trading pick 13 with their right to Shane McAdam to Adelaide for McGovern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, titan_uranus said:

Jake Niall on The Age reporting that Carlton will be sending two second round picks to Sydney for pick 13, then on-trading pick 13 with their right to Shane McAdam to Adelaide for McGovern.

Good player but hes not very durable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

 

 

10 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Jake Niall on The Age reporting that Carlton will be sending two second round picks to Sydney for pick 13, then on-trading pick 13 with their right to Shane McAdam to Adelaide for McGovern.

Why would Sydney do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, KLV said:

 

Why would Sydney do that?

More to the point, why didn't we, given we will possibly deal AVB to the Swans and have a 2nd round pick and then we could have used that pick plus a pick next year to get May.

I guess we will know all in 8 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Redleg said:

More to the point, why didn't we, given we will possibly deal AVB to the Swans and have a 2nd round pick and then we could have used that pick plus a pick next year to get May.

I guess we will know all in 8 days.

They need the points for Blakey's son in their academy father/son.

would have been handy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We’ve spoken about drafting and trading, when do we get to talk about cheese? 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Redleg said:

More to the point, why didn't we, given we will possibly deal AVB to the Swans and have a 2nd round pick and then we could have used that pick plus a pick next year to get May.

I guess we will know all in 8 days.

Maybe it's because Carlton have got 26, 28 and 43 to offer and we've got 36 and 46?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dworship said:

No actually, I mean; if Jesse leaves we can afford the May trade so there is something in it for us.

I think the club has taken a pragmatic approach and will be content with whatever the outcome is.

I can only tolerate this suggestion if:

  • we stop gnashing our teeth with Hogan - there are positives to him staying or going to Freo. It is now up to Hogan - should he stay - to ameliorate his negativity and silence, and to get on with his MFC career wholeheartedly.
  • we locate the funds and bid for May - if necessary passing off a player or two who is in some limbo but with subtle promise for the future
  • we snatch KK and Preuss ASAP! These two will take us to the 'gapless' status we need onfield. Stuff big-name, ageing monolithic possibilities from elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Fifty-5 said:

Maybe it's because Carlton have got 26, 28 and 43 to offer and we've got 36 and 46?

 

I don’t see how GWS can possibly hand over Settefield to Carlton for only pick 43. Injuries issues don’t devalue him that much. One of the 2 clubs is out of their minds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×