• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Our supporter stereotype

Wells 11

1 hour ago, SFebes said:

I've said it 100 times before, who gives a rats left nut what the media say! Stuff em'

It would be interesting to fight back at the media by providing a sampling profile of who and what they happen to be, figuring out a type of 'image' that such people project to the rest of us. Who gives a rats? This is a good question but I am sure without much effort in the profiling of media types, it would be extremely quick and simplistic exercise. How difficult is it to describe a ten-year-old little brat?

43 minutes ago, Chook said:

Indeed. I'd much rather have 2 manservants and a cheeseboard than 2 teeth and a cunningly maxed-out dole cheque.

Amen. 

Jealousy is a curse. Let them be jealous that we are educated and rich. It could be much worse. 

Also if anyone is selling a Melbourne cheese board, I’m buying! ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thehardtackler said:

A lot of the supporters that have come on board since Roosy are not stereotypically Melbourne. You can see that at the games. Channel 7 pick out the Private Schoolboys going mad in the crowd just to perpetuate a myth. I hate hearing 'Go Dees', but it is palatable whilst we are winning. Go Demons or Go Melbourne is better! 

Hurrah, hurrah, you good things!

It's just lazy journalism. Pick a cliche and run with it or make another trite comment because that's all you know. Perception, insight and understanding are the missing elements and it seems that articles are written to ensure that a juvenile sub editor can create an infantile headline.

Think about the past two weeks. Melbourne supporters and colours dominated even though the dorks claim to have a much larger membership. The puny little gaps in the crowd after the final siren was telling - the overwhelming number of Melbourne supporters was a joy to be part of. And then the CHANT.

Ignore them and save your breath to scream

Go dees.

• Like 1

Quite a few years ago on QB, we were watching the tigers training and there was three filth supporters (nan, mum, daughters about 7yrs old), the daughter pointed past us at the tigers training and said “look mum” the mum leant down and said “yes darling, there are Melbourne supporters, they are not all at the snow.”  To which I replied “don’t you worry about that, with your upbringing you will never afford to go to the snow!”

the mum was [censored] at me, [censored] her, she deserved it.

But I always ask people what’s wrong wit( being intelligent and wealthy? Are you too stupid to realise that is the best way to be?

• Haha 2

Our stereotype ?

Most of us have teeth....our own.

It seperates us from the herd I guess !! ?

Best snow season in decades and we are deep into the finals. Nothing to complain about here. Rejoice!

The more fans get uptight about it the more the opposition will lampoon us.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bush demon said:

Ian Cover and Champs (Coodabeens, ABC radio) have got some gripe with Melbourne, they cannot save themselves from making snide remarks. Cover was shocking on Saturday morning, don't know what his issue is. Fortunately they have a young guy on there now, "Andy" who remarked to Cover that they  (Melbourne supporters) wouldn't be driving Range Rovers, they would be driving Teslas....

Cover, Geelong supporter. And is as irrelevant as they are now.

Well I just bought a Land Rover and I'm partial to a nice camembert. I was at the game in Friday and I thought no. 4 was a good contributor. Hassa Mann was quiet though. Rarely sighted.

Really, are there even Melbourne FC supporter stereotypes ?

Hmmmm.well it got me thinking.

I do know where Gapstead and Brown Bros are...

Actually.   I do ski...more pizzed than piste these days..

Have a 4wd ...

Don't mind a cheese platter...

Know the difference between a Port and a Muscat...

And rightly consider myself more evolved than any filthy magpie ( wife excepted..?)

I forgive Barassi and admire a Danniher ( just one )

FMD .....I must be a Melbourne supporter.

Then again...who gives a stuff about others ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, america de cali said:

Best snow season in decades and we are deep into the finals. Nothing to complain about here.

Win Win ;)

• Like 2

It's the weirdest stereotype in the league.....

Think about it. We are being ripped on for being wealthy, cultured and educated.

Jokes on them, these are all compliments as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 3

I used to ski a lot in my younger days. Even skied in competitions. Unlike most other skiers I used to sleep in my beaten up canvas top 1950’s vintage Nissan Patrol up at the snow. Couldn’t afford to stay in a lodge and had no rich friends. It was bloody freezing.  In those days one could park right up the top of the mountain. One night after a heavy session at the Arlberg Hotel at Buller I drove into a creek near the pub that was covered in snow. The poor truck was standing vertical buried in snow. I had to spend the night there sleeping across the dashboard and steering wheel.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Thehardtackler said:

A lot of the supporters that have come on board since Roosy are not stereotypically Melbourne. You can see that at the games. Channel 7 pick out the Private Schoolboys going mad in the crowd just to perpetuate a myth. I hate hearing 'Go Dees', but it is palatable whilst we are winning. Go Demons or Go Melbourne is better! 

Unfortunately I picked up Go Dees from my dad, he always used to say it :D but its always a mix of come on melbourne, go you demons, fire up, thats the way melbourne and the list goes on

Yeah it’s pretty lame but what can you do. I’m way too desensitised to it now. The time when I feel least like a Melbourne fan is when get levelled with this stuff. I have friends who know I don’t fit the stereotype but still say this crap anyway. Before the game on Fri walking up to the Mountain View I heard at least 2 jokes about cancelling trips to the snow. When comedians like Mick Molloy and Lawrence Mooney make these jokes I just sit there, and wonder why they aren’t fired for coming up with better material. I get it, they are jokes but it’s the lowest hanging fruit in the game right now.

It sucks but I hope we are bringing about change to this.

• Like 1

Mick Molloy is only funny because when you look at him, you think, I am glad I don't look and sound like that bloke. Being a Tigers supporter just adds to the unfortunate image. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, layzie said:

Yeah it’s pretty lame but what can you do. I’m way too desensitised to it now. The time when I feel least like a Melbourne fan is when get levelled with this stuff. I have friends who know I don’t fit the stereotype but still say this crap anyway. Before the game on Fri walking up to the Mountain View I heard at least 2 jokes about cancelling trips to the snow. When comedians like Mick Molloy and Lawrence Mooney make these jokes I just sit there, and wonder why they aren’t fired for coming up with better material. I get it, they are jokes but it’s the lowest hanging fruit in the game right now.

It sucks but I hope we are bringing about change to this.

Horrible men. 

• Like 1