Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

We could miss finals with 13 wins

The only real losses I can see coming are: Cats, Eagles, Swans.

Port can go either way - Port can play good football, but they can also play atrocious footy - much like us.

Saints, Freo, Dogs after the Port game - pretty confident we'll win all three of those - Dockers would be a loss if it was in Perth but its TIO and they're up and down - beat a tired undermanned Adelaide (like we did) - not convinced they're better than we are. 

Cats at Cattery I'm not looking forward too - yes we only went down by 3 points, but home deck, with a set up with Gaz that looks like its working. Will depend on injuries for both teams by this stage - and whether we have our confidence back or not.

Adelaide at Adelaide Oval - 50/50 - thumped them undermanned in Alice - will depend on whose back from injuries really.

Suns at MCG - Easy win potentially - they've proven tough adversaries at times at the MCG but I think we're a class above by a long shot.

Eagles at Optus - beat them last year, just, but they're probably the best team in the comp so another loss here.

Giants at MCG - depending on injuries, I think we could grind out a good win here.

That leaves us:

15:7 if we play our best footy, which we can do. Don't forget, we won 6 games in a row for the first time in 12 years. Some more team changes along the way means we shouldn't repeat yesterday. I think we got ahead of ourselves, became complacent after winning so many games so easily, and alot of players looked tired. Spargo, Fritsch, Lewis in particular probably should have been rested a few weeks ago. Melksham too probably with his foot injury. 

Edited by Brisbanedemonfan
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I don’t fully understand modern matchday coaching. 

18 blokes sitting in a box watching the game and nothing changes!!!!

Valid way to feel I'd say. I'm avoiding the Goodwin thread but days like yesterday make you wonder - i felt the same way after the Hawks loss.

i know e have "failed"  on the big stage as everyone keeps saying and its true to a degree, we have also had big wins over recent time, Couple in Adelaide,  Beat The tigers on Anzac eve, west coast in Perth.. we can do it.. i think yesterday was the perfect storm for us. 6 in a row, Lever loss, and expectations..

This wont be corrected or acknowledged until we win a game against a contender i guess.. Port in a couple Friday nights is the best way to start. Must win.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Valid way to feel I'd say. I'm avoiding the Goodwin thread but days like yesterday make you wonder - i felt the same way after the Hawks loss.

I want Goodwin to succeed, but what concerns me still, is that when full pressure has been applied on us as we must expect it will be, the team has been dismantled and we have not been able to break it. Yesterday’s 2nd Q was ok because we scored goals when we went forward, but if we had been even a little off target, it would have been ugly. 

What was corrected at Halftime?

Who stepped up in the midfield?

the Filth applied the same pressure all game. Buckley totally owned the game

If we had won yesterday there'd be a thread about our impending top 2 finish.

But alas, we lost and now there's a thread about potentially not making.

Smash Port in Adelaide and everyone and thing will be as right as rain again.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Redleg said:

One worry is that we seem to get beaten most times on the big stage, when we really have something to play for.

Yes. The way we lose these games. 

Thank god we were at least accurate in front of goal yesterday 

Ten games left ...probably 3 definite wins.... Saints , Bulldogs and Suns

Freo in Darwin is now much bigger than it would have been had we played them in Melbourne.

So that is 12 assuming we don't have an off day.

None of the other games are gimmes by a long shot especially if GWS starts turning it on again.

Can you see where I'm going with this thought process..............

Think we badly needed that win.

Hope I’m proven wrong.

The problem is we cant beat top 8 teams at the G

our 4 losses Cats at the G, Hawks at the G, Tiges at the G and now Pies at the G.

At least 3 of them are co tenants the 4th we should have won.

So based on that is if they are not co tenants then we have a chance.

Our away including Etihad have been unbeatable.

So if we make the finals lets hope we don't play Hawks, Tiges & Pies at the G.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, McQueen said:

If we had won yesterday there'd be a thread about our impending top 2 finish.

But alas, we lost and now there's a thread about potentially not making.

Smash Port in Adelaide and everyone and thing will be as right as rain again.

All of which shows how close the competition is and what an "8 pointer" that game was

18 minutes ago, timbo said:

All of which shows how close the competition is and what an "8 pointer" that game was

It also demonstrates how fickle the media and we supporters are.

Halfway through the season and despite the loss, I still feel as though we’re improving rather than regressing.

And I think there’s a been a gulf created between some clubs this year as opposed to last. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, McQueen said:

It also demonstrates how fickle the media and we supporters are.

Halfway through the season and despite the loss, I still feel as though we’re improving rather than regressing.

And I think there’s a been a gulf created between some clubs this year as opposed to last. 

True, I wasn't arguing on substance. You are right of course. Expectations management for us.

Definitely our coached yesterday,   But he learnt from Hawthorn and  Richmond,  We have had 6 great games one poor one,

OK Shite one,    Its still so much better than 4 years or so ago    More great stuff this year to look forward  to    Go DEes

I like this thread.

Quite happy for the expectations to come back down to where they should be. To be a top four side you need to perform in the big games against better teams which we are yet to achieve this season. Aim should be to make the eight until we can start winning some big games.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Travis16 said:

Wish Max had have kicked straight Rd1 ?

I think we all knew that lose in round 1 would prove costly and it will   ...  unless a win against the odds like geelong at geelong (yeah that will happen)  or eagles at Perth  Hope I am wrong   I fear we will miss again   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DemonLad5 said:

To be 8-3 at the midpoint and miss the 8 would be embarrassing.

Can you imagine the off season on here if it happens? Wasn’t North 10-0 a few years back and nearly missed? 

1 hour ago, DemonLad5 said:

To be 8-3 at the midpoint and miss the 8 would be embarrassing.

It won't happen. 

It could easily happen, as we are now 8-4 and have a tough game next round.

Would be hard to miss the finals if we beat Port though.  Huge, huge game.

If we maintain our high percentage we will make the finals with 13 wins.  

But lets hope it doesnt come down to that and we get 14 wins or more.

Edited by Petraccattack

1 hour ago, Petraccattack said:

It could easily happen, as we are now 8-4 and have a tough game next round.

Would be hard to miss the finals if we beat Port though.  Huge, huge game.

If any club could do it...

• Haha 2