On 1/8/2018 at 5:37 PM, Wiseblood said:

The players were back at training today and, clearly, everyone involved has moved on.  

You guys should do the same.  Blaming anything that occurs this year on that camp is something a 5 year old might do.  It's a reflection on much of our supporter base these days, though - they can't let go of the past and look forward.  We expect the playing group to do it, so maybe we should do the same.

If you think the Geelong players have moved on you'd be kidding. Round 1 our boys will cop an earful about the 'boot camp'. Especially if we get belted - 'too hard for you Dees?'

1 hour ago, jnrmac said:

If you think the Geelong players have moved on you'd be kidding. Round 1 our boys will cop an earful about the 'boot camp'. Especially if we get belted - 'too hard for you Dees?'

If the players give a stuff about what is said on field then they don't deserve to be out there. Who cares about the boot camp? Worry about the scoreboard. 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

4 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

If the players give a stuff about what is said on field then they don't deserve to be out there. Who cares about the boot camp? Worry about the scoreboard. 

Spot on.

Winners are grinners.

• Like 1

If you fail to remember the past   You are doomed to repeat the failures,             I   remember 2016  finish  then    2017  finish  

I hope it eats in their gut

It does in mine.       Some injuries and run of luck against us in 2017  but good sides make their own luck.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

Ironically,  the camp was designed to build mental resilience, and as such would have assisted in dealing with what is said on field.

What's done is done though, so yes, let's all move on.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, FireInTheBelly said:

Ironically,  the camp was designed to build mental resilience, and as such would have assisted in dealing with what is said on field.

What's done is done though, so yes, let's all move on.

I've 'moved on', but the value of boot camps is still an interesting topic.  Seems to me they may build mental resilience in the face of exhaustion etc, but I suspect there are better ways of building it in the face of taunting by opponents.