Jump to content



  • Melbourne Recruitment Manager
    Jason Taylor Interview
    & Draft Wrap Up


    Melbourne Recruitment Manager Jason Taylor Interview & Draft Wrap Up
     

Trade Jack Watts or not?  

475 members have voted

  1. 1. Do we trade Jack Watts?

    • Yes.
      142
    • No.
      311


Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Yep have also heard this from my spy who fishes the Barwon often and lands some Big ones!

Geelong with Watts and Ablett would be almost premiership material! 

 

Geelong's terrible season continues with Ablett ruled out for 6-8 weeks with a shoulder injury and Jack Watts the latest Cat to feel the heat at the selection table. Where to next for the Cats as they contemplate a list re-build to bring in some young talent without the draft picks to do so. Rumours are circulating that Selwood and Hawkins may be used as trade bait to bring in some picks, as they will not be around for the next premiership window. And after the break we'll tackle the big question: Who will coach the Cats in 2019?

Edited by Deeprived Childhood
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, old dee said:

Has he not already made it?

i thought he announced his prediction of an announcement 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

No, it's not, but nothing will be divulged until it's on Open Mike or Open Gerard

I'm waiting for the autobiography "Watts happened? - The real story of my footballing escapades" 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

I'm waiting for the autobiography "Watts happened? - The real story of my footballing escapades" 

I just hope the poor sob can live a normal life after footy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Danelska said:

Remember C.Waterhouse was also a #1...

No one's praising Clive Waterhouse Coopers though. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2017 at 10:00 AM, Petraccattack said:

Time to go, Jackie boy.

One solid season out of 9.   Sell him to the highest bidder and continue to build the list with real footballers. 

 

Which season of his 9 seasons was the best Mr Critic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Biffen said:

If it came down to a kick after the siren from 40 out -we just traded the guy who I'd like to take that kick.

Unfortunately it required winning a contested ball first so he wasn't available 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeeZee said:

Yeah, apparently Port are fuming that the Motlop compo pick will allow Geelong to steal Watts from under their noses .

19 for Ablett and 22 for Watts

Will be ecstatic with pick 22... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

It is not unreasnoable as a shareholder to ask questions...

Go to the Annual General Meeting and find out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Demon Disciple said:

Go to the Annual General Meeting and find out

This little episode won’t be spoken about at the AGM

The answers will be elsewhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

OK, I'm seeing a way through this that will satisfy all parties.

We keep Jack on the list as a specialist kicker, like in gridiron.

We park him on the bench, and when we get a game where it's a kick after the siren to win, we pull the kicker and ON COMES JACK to save the day!

Win-win-win.

Some might argue that is more or less what has already been going on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

This is not good. I feel very bad about this

What is the exact agenda?

we need to know. It has gone too far now

Are you serious, you of all people should know it's a ruthless business and tough decisions need to be made.

You have been going on for as long as I can remember about Melbourne being soft and excepting mediocrity.

Any father will come out and support their child.

I wish Jack well but I want a ruthless team who will do whatever it takes to win a flag and leaving no stone unturned. Clarrie knuckling down after his off season incident is a prime example of what's expected.

Say what you like Jack didn't come back from the off season as required, that is not up for debate.

Many on here are coming up with conspiracy theories on here which is ridiculous.

Jack is being traded because of himself, nobody else. He's had numerous chances and it comes down to

1. Has Jack got the best out of himself - no

2. Has Jack left no stone unturned to fulfill his potential - no

3. Has Jack made himself an untouchable - no

4. Does Jack have trade value - yes

5. Does Jack do the non negotiables week in week out - no

6. Is it likely Jack will reach a higher ceiling if he remains at Melbourne - no

7. Will Jack perform well at another club - highly likely but it's irrelevant to us once he leaves

Edited by Pennant St Dee
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Are you serious, you of all people should know it's a ruthless business and tough decisions need to be made.

You have been going on for as long as I can remember about Melbourne being soft and excepting mediocrity.

Any father will come out and support their child.

I wish Jack well but I want a ruthless team who will do whatever it takes to win a flag and leaving no stone unturned. Clarrie knuckling down after his off season incident is a prime example of what's expected.

Say what you like Jack didn't come back from the off season as required, that is not up for debate.

Many on here are coming up with conspiracy theories on here which is ridiculous.

Jack is being traded because of himself, nobody else. He's had numerous chances and it comes down to

1. Has Jack got the best out of himself - no

2. Has Jack left no stone unturned to fulfill his potential - no

3. Has Jack made himself an untouchable - no

4. Does Jack have trade value - yes

5. Does Jack do the non negotiables week in week out - no

6. Is it likely Jack will reach a higher ceiling if he remains at Melbourne - no

7. Will Jack perform well at another club - highly likely but it's irrelevant to us once he leaves

But you miss the point after all that....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

But you miss the point after all that....

I miss no point I understand how football club runs, the lists get turned over.

I don't live in la la land trying to dream up conspiracy theories on why poor Jack is being "kicked out of the club" as some are saying.

The fact Jack is still allegedly saying he doesn't know why he's up for trade speaks volumes and confirms to me the club is making the right decision.

There is nothing more to it, I've outlined the plain and simple reasons why he is being put up for trade.

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

I miss no point I understand how football club runs, the lists get turned over.

I don't live in la la land trying to dream up conspiracy theories on why poor Jack is being "kicked out of the club" as some are saying.

The fact Jack is still allegedly saying he doesn't know why he's up for trade speaks volumes and confirms to me the club is making the right decision.

There is nothing more to it, I've outlined the plain and simple reasons why he is being put up for trade.

 

Your opinions and mine differ and that’s all they are. 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Absolutely mate. Should be back in Phils early next year...

we need Red Horse

Good stuff SWYL, I didn't realise anyone else drank it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel like my IQ has taken a severe backward step after catching up on the last 7 pages.

C’mon, Wattsy.

Call it.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a dream last night that I was lining up for the MFC in the the centre-circle next to Brayshaw who was rucking (but he was like really tall) as Jones was approaching for the restart, and I asked Gus which side of the tap Nat generally prefers, and then I woke up.

This has gone on for far too long.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was talking to a (very) passionate Collingwood supporting friend last night and asked her if she'd seen the latest trade news - that Collingwood had offered #6 for Watts, a pick in the 20's and some late swaps. Also told her that it was Howe getting into Buckley's ear that got them to put it in the table.

I had to hold the phone away from my ear to save my eardrums. Other than a lot of swearing I got 'Are you [censored] kidding me?!?! That Howe can [censored] right off back to Melbourne!', 'It's bad enough we took Dunn!', 'Buckley needs to be sacked for making that deal!'.

About 2 hours later I got a call back. 'We never offered that! You are an [censored]!'

I laughed, and said, 'Yep. I am. But that is payback for Harry'.

I expect a punch in the face the next time I see her, but, geez, it will be worth it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't understand why people think poor old Wattsy will be so much better at another club.

His disposal and smarts will most likely be carried over, as will his softness and lack of hunger for the contest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, McQueen said:

Feel like my IQ has taken a severe backward step after catching up on the last 7 pages.

C’mon, Wattsy.

Call it.

Money's on Port

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Money's on Port

$ on Geetown, otherwise he would have called Port by now methinks... waiting for a few dominoes to fall...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Danelska said:

$ on Geetown, otherwise he would have called Port by now methinks... waiting for a few dominoes to fall...

I just hope he enjoys his life, whatever happens

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, McQueen said:

Feel like my IQ has taken a severe backward step after catching up on the last 7 pages.

C’mon, Wattsy.

Call it.

that would be getting dangerously low i imagine...... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×