Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Reality Check

Well, are we in doubt of playing finals in 2017?

I think we are. If we lose against GWS which is more traveling for us and drop a game against St KIlda which is a distinct possibility, then I don't think 12 wins will be enough in such a tight season.

On the weekend against North we were one goal away from cementing a spot but we failed against a side that has beaten us for over ten years.

That statistic alone should have made us all pause. This year we broke a record about losses at Ethiad as well as a few others.

The fact that there are so many horrible bad records against us (despite breaking a few) reveals that we are a club still in transition.

It's easy to get caught up in all the excitement when we beat big teams but the reality is we are still a team that is growing.

For ten years we have been the proverbial cellar dwellers only to stop the laughing by securing ten wins last year.

To expect us to go from zero to 100 kph in 2 years is unrealistic.

12 wins even without finals is still a pass for me despite how frustrating it is.

We may by some miracle performance win 3 in a row and play finals but even if we don't, we are still a team o the ascendency and next year will go even higher.

At least this time when we say we are building.......this time it is no lie.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

I think we are. If we lose against GWS which is more traveling for us and drop a game against St KIlda which is a distinct possibility, then I don't think 12 wins will be enough in such a tight season.

On the weekend against North we were one goal away from cementing a spot but we failed against a side that has beaten us for over ten years.

That statistic alone should have made us all pause. This year we broke a record about losses at Ethiad as well as a few others.

The fact that there are so many horrible bad records against us (despite breaking a few) reveals that we are a club still in transition.

It's easy to get caught up in all the excitement when we beat big teams but the reality is we are still a team that is growing.

For ten years we have been the proverbial cellar dwellers only to stop the laughing by securing ten wins last year.

12 wins even without finals is still a pass for me despite how frustrating it is.

We may by some miracle performance win 3 in a row and play finals but even if we don't, we are still a team o the ascendency and next year will go even higher.

I understand where you are coning from, but we all have to stop finding excuses for insipid performances and waiting for next year 

Yesterday was shocking. At halftime we had them on our terms

the money all those supporters spent to stand in the cold and watch that rubbish would be significant

The MFC just cannot take that next step...17 losses in a row to Nought. 

Goodwin may not see it as important or relevant, but i do....

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

12 wins is clearly  a massive improvement and we are tracking upwards.

However,. we must make the finals.  Another year without them will be infuriating and so disappointing. 

The feeling of making it is like no other,  and the week leading up to the game is so intense.  Seeing all our talent on the big stage will be so exciting.

FInals are what footy is all about and we need to get there THIS SEASON.    

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

12 wins is clearly  a massive improvement and we are tracking upwards.

However,. we must make the finals.  Another year without them will be infuriating and so disappointing. 

The feeling of making it is like no other,  and the week leading up to the game is so intense.  Seeing all our talent on the big stage will be so exciting.

FInals are what footy is all about and we need to get there THIS SEASON.    

We have been in the top 8 for most of the season. Missing out will now be a big fail. 

• Like 7

We dont have 12 wins yet...........................

How bout we just do that first, instead of counting our chickens once again.

My confidence is absolutely shot after yesterdays result. I could have worn a loss against a good side, but to lose to Norf for the second time this season is infuriating..... and... and other emotions i cant even express. So [censored] infuriating.

The club got the shits when its supporters would say "here we go again", yet they serve up rubbish that has people saying exactly that again, and again, and again. 

FFS i cant even get excited about the new club jacket turning up in the mail. 

I need a scotch or 23...............................................................

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

3 minutes ago, america de cali said:

We have been in the top 8 for most of the season. Missing out will now be a big fail. 

Especially when we got most of our list back on the park. 

Must make the 8.

I think 12 wins would sneak us into 8th but I think we need to keep this one game in context. Our best is good enough to beat any team, our worst we can lose to anyone. 

This season is so unpredictable that the sides pushing for finals spots probably won't win all the games they're supposed to either. 

We should beat the pies and lions, and I think that'll be another but if we can best either the giants or saints lock us in. We are a good change in both games with vince and jones back. 

• Like 1

Still in it with a big shot.

We can beat GWS next week and or 3 from the next 4 is entirely doable.  Our loss to North is similar to the Bombers loss to the Lions - a setback for sure, but you don't throw away the season on the back of one game.

I was pretty [censored] with the result and particularly our last quarter yesterday, but if I have learnt one thing this season, is that our team is more resilient and I'm full expecting we bounce back from this.  

Forgetting about yesterday as a supporter and looking forward to the opertunity ahead.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 3

I get the feeling that if yesterday's loss was a sign of pressure getting to the players based on the possibility of playing finals, then I expect it will be a very quick exit if we actually do play finals.

Just now, hardtack said:

I get the feeling that if yesterday's loss was a sign of pressure getting to the players based on the possibility of playing finals, then I expect it will be a very quick exit if we actually do play finals.

Makes sense. Except during our four game winning streak were we clawed back into the 8 we have lost games that would have consolidated our position every time. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

I certainly hope the team hasn't given up make finals like you appear to have done.

• Like 1

The boys like a challenge.  Next week in Canberra against GW$ is one of those and I'm backing us in to respond with a win.  That could be blind faith, but I just have a feeling that we'll come to play and our contested and physical game style can put the boys in orange off their game.

Yesterday was a tough pill to swallow, as I'd much rather us be in a position where we need to win 2 of our next 4 rather than 3 of our next 4.  The only bonus was seeing St. Kilda and Sydney lose, and we know one of Essendon and the Dogs will lose today as well.  

• Like 2

12 wins might be enough to make the eight provided a couple of results go our way (such as Port beating St Kilda last night and Hawthorn winning against Sydney on Friday). 

• Like 1

Let's be honest here. We are never going to be a legitimate contender with Harmes, JKH, ANB and Trengove in the side.  We are 4 players - Nate, Bernie, Gus and Vanders - short of a very good team.  Having said that, we have done very well given our injury list this year and as a supporter, I am happy that we have become competitive. I live in hope but it seems to me our young fellas are running out of legs. A few looked cooked yesterday. Maybe time to put the cue in the rack for 2017.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ding said:

We dont have 12 wins yet...........................

How bout we just do that first, instead of counting our chickens once again.

My confidence is absolutely shot after yesterdays result. I could have worn a loss against a good side, but to lose to Norf for the second time this season is infuriating..... and... and other emotions i cant even express. So [censored] infuriating.

The club got the shits when its supporters would say "here we go again", yet they serve up rubbish that has people saying exactly that again, and again, and again. 

FFS i cant even get excited about the new club jacket turning up in the mail. 

I need a scotch or 23...............................................................

Let me just say I know EXACTLY how you feel.

Listening on radio, I noticed something interesting about the relationship between commentary and our performance. When we are playing the 'way we want to play', the commentators have to talk fast just to keep up with the action, there are tackles and spills and handball chains going everywhere, by both teams. When we are playing flat and not bringing the pressure and energy that defines our style, the commentators have so much time to describe events that they fall to chatting to keep things lively (Bloggs takes a mark on the wing, spots up Nerk, who then passes it back to Bloggs, who bangs it long down the line and we'll have a throw in just ahead of centre wing, how are the sausage rolls?).

Basically, if the commentary is dull and drifting off the game, we're playing bad football.

Anyway, the true 'first captain' will be back shortly. There's a man who knows exactly the size of his own head and never, ever drinks bathwater.

Western Sydney have won one game in their last five starts, and that was against Fremantle, just barely. There's every reason to believe we're a shot next week.

But we all know beating the Saints in a couple of weeks time will be the big decider.

This 'on the cusp' stuff is a whole new kind of stressful that I'm not used to.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

I certainly hope the team hasn't given up make finals like you appear to have done.

I said I am in doubt. Who wouldn't be after that game. I haven't given up. There's a big difference RGB.

• Like 1

I had started to think the team might have started to understand the intensity required every week to win games and get to the ultimate prize. It felt a little like the baby demons in 1987-88 who punched above their weight but fell over at the last and penultimate hurdles.

But that was a different generation. This generation xyz or whatever it is called doesn't seem to have the mental toughness or perhaps these players just don't care quite enough.

What a hopeless loss yesterday against a cellar dwelling team of losers who have allegedly been tanking.

Shame on several of our players.

STOP bombing it into the forward fifty without looking. It inevitably goes to an opposition player more often than not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wiseblood said:

he boys like a challenge.  Next week in Canberra against GW$ is one of those and I'm backing us in to respond with a win.  That could be blind faith, but I just have a feeling that we'll come to play and our contested and physical game style can put the boys in orange off their game.

Breaking a 16 game losing streak to a bunch of campainers in an away game wasnt a challenge?