TRAINING: Monday 29th April 2024

2 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Thanks Kev and all others including WCW

Did I read it right that both Bowey and Melksham were in full training?  Fabulous news if I am reading correctly.

Would it mean that Bowey could be back this week or next, and Melk only a few weeks later presumably via a few at Casey

Yes, both were in full training. Bowey is definitely available for our Carlton match. Melksy not far off. Both trained really well. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Whatever slight niggle Chandler has with his knee doesn't seem to be going away given his personalised training program

He went back to the rooms very early in the session. Was hardly even worth him coming out at all. And he looked very deflated. Not happy at all. 😢

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Did I read it right that both Bowey and Melksham were in full training?  Fabulous news if I am reading correctly.

Would it mean that Bowey could be back this week or next, and Melk only a few weeks later presumably via a few at Casey

Melksham has said for a while and publicly that his aim is to be available by Kings Birthday. Bowey is close. Outside chance for Carlton but more likely the week after. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

He went back to the rooms very early in the session. Was hardly even worth him coming out at all. And he looked very deflated. Not happy at all. 😢

Shame as he’s had a great season so far. But it’s better to have a niggle now than in September. 

Wonder if they’ll bring McAdams in for him. I know they aren’t like for like, and I have no idea what McAdams’ defensive play is like, but could be an opportunity. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jaded No More said:

Shame as he’s had a great season so far. But it’s better to have a niggle now than in September. 

Wonder if they’ll bring McAdams in for him. I know they aren’t like for like, and I have no idea what McAdams’ defensive play is like, but could be an opportunity. 

Everyone is saying Shane needs a full game at Casey before playing in the 1s. I’m no expert but he’s ready now. I watched him play in the Casey match and I’m convinced they pulled him off at 3/4 time coz they’d seen enough. He ran around the boundary to warm down and as he ran past I didn’t say anything since I didn’t know the reason why he was done for the day. But he grinned and waved at us (I was with DA friends who sponsor him) and seemed really happy. So now I’ve got a feeling it’s his time to show everyone what he’s got 👊🏼

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

23 minutes ago, monoccular said:

I’d like to second that Mono, thanks Kev, WCW and all posters love your training reports and observations.!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, kev martin said:

About 38 to 40  players down at training. 

Viney and Chandler have broken away from the drills that have some contact and are doing run throughs.

Viney has rejoined the main group, but Chandler has returned to the sheds

Thanks very much Kev & WCW for the updates and efforts first thing Monday!

Have not seen or heard of Jack doing anything separate to the main group so far.  IMHO has not been the same player since the trip to Adelaide.

I figured it could be just a fatigue / form or minor niggle thing.  We're only talking a couple of off games since and coming off a high benchmark but also might be a little niggle going on here?

Just speculation and hoping this isn't anything other than a corkie or similar (at worst).  The comparative numbers from the first five rounds vs the last two rounds appear to support the drop off.  We'll need him AND Clarry back to near their best for the Cats.

Worth a watch as the week progresses.

#7  J Viney    Rnds       0 - 4     Rnds       5 & 6 % Change 
Contested Poss 10.8 8.5 -21.3
Uncontested Poss 12.2 10.0 -18.0
Effective Disposals* 14.8 13.0 -12.2
Disposal Effeciency % 67.9 70.5 2.6
Contested Marks* 0.2 0.0 -100.0
Marks inside 50* 0.2 0.5 150.0
One Percenters* 2.8 0.5 -82.1
Clearances* 4.2 4.0 -4.8
Rebound 50s* 2.6 2.0 -23.1
Inside 50s* 4.8 4.0 -16.7
Tackles* 5.0 4.5 -10.0
Score Involvements* 5.2 2.5 -51.9
Meters Gained 377.6 309.0 -18.2
Turnovers* 4.2 4.5 7.1
Intercepts* 4.0 0.5 -87.5
Tackles Inside 50* 1.0 0.0 -100.0
Time On Ground % 81.6 73.5 -8.1
Goals* 0.6 0.0 -100.0
Hit Outs to Adv* 0.0 0.0 -
*DD's Player Rating  3.9 2.6 -33.5

Stats courtesy of footwire.com & wheeloratings.com

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Whatever slight niggle Chandler has with his knee doesn't seem to be going away given his personalised training program

He had a down game last week so the ongoing knee issue might now be getting the better of him. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Everyone is saying Shane needs a full game at Casey before playing in the 1s. I’m no expert but he’s ready now. I watched him play in the Casey match and I’m convinced they pulled him off at 3/4 time coz they’d seen enough. He ran around the boundary to warm down and as he ran past I didn’t say anything since I didn’t know the reason why he was done for the day. But he grinned and waved at us (I was with DA friends who sponsor him) and seemed really happy. So now I’ve got a feeling it’s his time to show everyone what he’s got 👊🏼

Richo was pretty adamant McAdam would get at least one more week at Casey after only playing 2.5 quarters against Richmond last week. No need to rush I don’t think. But excited for when he does finally debut. X - Factor 🔥

• Like 4

McAdam could herald the return of the Super-Sub.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

It sounds like McAdam only played 10minutes in each of the first three quarters and didn't play at all in the last. 

Surely needs another run at Casey after only playing approximately a quarter of footy.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, 12345_54321 said:

Melksham has said for a while and publicly that his aim is to be available by Kings Birthday. Bowey is close. Outside chance for Carlton but more likely the week after. 

Bowsa more than an outside chance! He told me himself that he’s definitely coming back vs Carlton. And it’s not as if I asked him. I just told him I hope to see him back out there soon. He said, “You will. Next week.” I said, “Our Carlton match?” He said “Yep!” 😁

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, Clayton van Oliver said:

A lip reader on reddit reckoned he said "[censored] me he looks about 12" and pointed at Windsor 😂

I really hope that’s what he said because I love Dusty and I reckon that comment is 100% spot on 😂

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Demonstone said:

You need to give your phone a jolly good talking to, @Jaded No More.

It keeps adding a superfluous "s" to Mc Adam.

It actually does and I figured out it’s because I have a contact in my phone that’s a McAdams with an S. It autocorrects it every time by adding that damn S 😡

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

@WalkingCivilWar did you ask Fritta what Dusty said to him post game? Looks like he told him to f off which I can only assume is due to jealousy over his glorious hair 🤷‍♀️

There was a thread I read somewhere and some guy who was deaf commented on it.

DM walked past Viney 'well done mate' then walked past Windsor in a tracksuit, then came up to Fritsch and said 'F** that bloke looks about 12'

Fritsch says "What?"

Dusty repeats it and walks off.

Fritsch looked bewildered.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

19 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

DM walked past Viney 'well done mate' then walked past Windsor in a tracksuit, then came up to Fritsch and said 'F** that bloke looks about 12'

Fritsch says "What?"

Here it is. You can’t screen record off Kayo anymore so I videoed my computer screen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Fritsch says "What?"

Kind of funny in a way. Well played Dusty.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, dee-tox said:

Kind of funny in a way. Well played Dusty.

Dusty is great. He’s a really nice guy by all reports. That’s why I was shocked when I thought he told Fritta to F off. So out of character, considering he was chatting to May in the last quarter about playing golf 😂

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, DeelightfulPlay said:

But so relatable given Dusty's age / tenure in the game vs Winsor 😂

Who hasn't driven down Chapel St, South Yarra on a Friday and been bemused by all of the 12 years olds lining up for clubs!

100% this

Aging Season 9 GIF by Friends

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, DeelightfulPlay said:

But so relatable given Dusty's age / tenure in the game vs Winsor 😂

Who hasn't driven down Chapel St, South Yarra on a Friday and been bemused by all of the 12 years olds lining up for clubs!

I can see myself walking into Goo (at 7pm), asking for a Rage Against the Machine song, spot the crowd come in then leave in shame.

Actually who am I kidding, I’d be back in bed by 10.

Saw NoFx in Brissy recently and hilariously everyone looked over 40. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2