Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

PREGAME: Practice Match vs Carlton

Demonland

13 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

Yes indeed Dd.

I'm so glad we have taken him back into the fold. Especially with Disco out for a while.

I was surprised we let him ever go in the first place. He's a quality player. But yes, he may take a couple of weeks for him to find his groove. Welcome back MH.

Hopefully we haven't mozed him LD 😄

• Haha 2

On 20/02/2024 at 16:45, WERRIDEE said:

No. McDonald can do it.

Tom's not the greatest disposer of the air conveyance though Werri.  Not only that but he hasn't just lost half a yard since his last foot issue.  He appears to have lost about 2!

Where's Adams at?  He's on the come back trail also yes?

• Like 1

On 20/02/2024 at 18:27, picket fence said:

FWIW Tomlinson was very poor Sunday, and yet he has been excellent in match sims at Casey, Shache gee he also has been very good at match sims but just doesn't do enough in games! Windsors execution with hand and foot has been fantastic in match sims but was of target Sunday. He will be every bit as good as a Winger as anyone currently playing in the AFL! Veral REALLY impressed me last Sunday and might surprise a few!

Jags with my feeling they were playing fatigued coming of a heavy training phase. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1

46 minutes ago, binman said:

Jags with my feeling they were playing fatigued coming of a heavy training phase. 

Genuinely taking the [censored] with this comment right?

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

On 18/02/2024 at 15:39, beelzebub said:

🤔 whos our 3rd up defender.... might be an opening.....just sayin' 

Until Daniel Turner is available, I like Schache for the role. I seem to recall the WB’s played him there out of the blue one game. Was one of the best and totally negated his opponent. For some reason they never persisted with him in the role.
He can also give Gawn a chop out when required in the D50. 

PS. Try Clayton Oliver on a wing.

• Like 1

It’s all been said before but I hate the term “spud”. Its unnecessary, insulting  and  disrespectful. Tomlinson and others may have deficiencies but we all do. Yet we don’t go around calling family members, friends and work colleagues, “spuds”. Just not necessary. 

• Like 14
  • Clap 8

7 minutes ago, hemingway said:

Yet we don’t go around calling family members, friends and work colleagues, “spuds”.

Not in my kitchen. The Desiree’s, Red’s, Kipfler’s and Pontiac’s might take offence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Genuinely taking the [censored] with this comment right?

Oh, yeah sure, I go out of my way to troll the dolts who think AFL footy hasnt moved on since 1994 and get triggered by something as non controversial as the impact of training loads on performance. 

By the way dazzler, you must be gagging for STMJ to start posting again.

I mean, i have to say your face palm posse that trails me around the forum looks pretty sad (the company you keep and all that) and Steve would at least add some credibility.

• Like 2
  • Clap 2

On 18/02/2024 at 15:34, beelzebub said:

It seemed obvious to this befuddled old curmudgeon that the team today was incapable of properly implementing any ( or much ) of any new game ( derived from...'learnings') . The skills were lacking for many and the team lineup was short of any duscernable cohesion.

That might well change with a better selection.  But by how much ? 

The problem with days like today is if you are indeed trying new tricks...and undermanned in that endeavour there's every chance you will look even worse for the effort because strangely enough the other team will be hell bent on stopping you..

Richmond seemed to ooze more poise .

We really had very little. They were a rough diamond perhaps to our bit of ballast.

Carlton will tell us more.

Natch!

(I imagine I just unsubtle your subtle, Bub?😉)

Edited by Timothy Reddan-A'Blew
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, binman said:

Oh, yeah sure, I go out of my way to troll the dolts who think AFL footy hasnt moved on since 1994 and get triggered by something as non controversial as the impact of training loads on performance. 

By the way dazzler, you must be gagging for STMJ to start posting again.

I mean, i have to say your face palm posse that trails me around the forum looks pretty sad (the company you keep and all that) and Steve would at least add some credibility.

I have zero care factor what other anonymous posters do on here, so not sure why the need to bring others into this conversation. 

You putting down every single loss to loading phase is genuine champagne comedy and classic Binman. You don't learn. Not only have you failed to back this up with facts time and time from anyone you've also been proven wrong when you've boasted that loading will have us primed and ready September action. 

But whatever helps you sleep at night.

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

On 20/02/2024 at 08:50, DeeZone said:

I would have Tomlinson in for TMac, he’s coming off a calf niggle and a lot of people have listed him as cooked? I would also give Windsor another run and Verrall needs to be in the starting 22 to support Max.😁

Agree re Tomlinson and Windsor for Langers. Just reckon the latter needs a wake up call. Not sure who Verrall replaces. Maybe goes in as sub.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now that Brayshaw's retired have to change the team.

B: Lever, May, McVee

HB: Rivers, McDonald, Salem

C: Hunter, Petracca, Langdon

HF: Billings, van Rooyen, Neal-Bullen

F: Spargo, Fritsch, Chandler

FOLL: Gawn, Oliver, Viney

IC: Bowey, Sparrow, K. Brown, Windsor

SUB: Laurie

• Like 2

Assuming we are only allowed 23 for this game, then I reckon we have to name Verrall as the sub, because we need to rest Gawny and fellow older statesman May in these practice games and so we have to have a big player as back-up - I get that the pacey, small guy is the preferred option as sub in real matches, but in our case we have to think a little bit carefully with our senior members at this practice stage of season.

I also think we need to pick a team that will cope with the short SCG ground the following week and that means we can't throw Schache out and go even smaller than we are at the moment - and I have said many times previously here, we are the smallest side in the comp already.

And I am hoping that the loss of Petty, Fullarton, B.Brown and T-Mac through injury means we at least trial out the only potentially other damaging tall forward on our list to accompany JVR. If you think about it, which of our defenders could play the key forward role well - Lever (not quite quick enough), Tomlinson (lack necessary pace and mobility), Adams (getting better but needs to be trialled as defender first\, Hore (a tad too small to be a forward), Rivers (ditto). Ahh yes, who is that other bug guy - his name is Steven May and he's the only player on our list, outside of Petty, that ticks enough boxes. Happy if we just use him there for a quarter, but we need the variety and toughness and long-kicking goals from 55m out that he would bring to our forward mix. Realise that May is our best option for Charlie as well, but reckon we have to try something radical other than just sending Trac up forward. 

Selectors have a tricky option for Carlton also of deciding whether to bring back Olly into seniors or whether he has to tick a few more boxes in the magoos. I've named him, but realise there's probably more club factors that will determine his team situation.

B: McVee Tomlinson Hore

HB: Rivers Lever Bowey

C: Langdon Oliver Windsor

HF: ANB JVR Billings

F: Pickett May Fritsch

Ru: Gawn Petracca Viney

Int: Salem, Schache, Sparrow, Laurie

Sub: Verrall

If Oliver not allowed yet, then K.Brown to play

Changes from Tigers match;

Out: Howes, Chandler, K.Brown (yes he played well) 

In: Salem, Hore, Oliver

Both Schache and Tomlinson have been kept because we need height and especially when we play Sydney at SCG.

• Thanks 1

Never been to IKON before.  What is the parking situation there?  Just find something on the street nearby, or do they open up one of the nearby fields?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deespicable said:

Assuming we are only allowed 23 for this game, then I reckon we have to name Verrall as the sub, because we need to rest Gawny and fellow older statesman May in these practice games and so we have to have a big player as back-up - I get that the pacey, small guy is the preferred option as sub in real matches, but in our case we have to think a little bit carefully with our senior members at this practice stage of season.

I also think we need to pick a team that will cope with the short SCG ground the following week and that means we can't throw Schache out and go even smaller than we are at the moment - and I have said many times previously here, we are the smallest side in the comp already.

And I am hoping that the loss of Petty, Fullarton, B.Brown and T-Mac through injury means we at least trial out the only potentially other damaging tall forward on our list to accompany JVR. If you think about it, which of our defenders could play the key forward role well - Lever (not quite quick enough), Tomlinson (lack necessary pace and mobility), Adams (getting better but needs to be trialled as defender first\, Hore (a tad too small to be a forward), Rivers (ditto). Ahh yes, who is that other bug guy - his name is Steven May and he's the only player on our list, outside of Petty, that ticks enough boxes. Happy if we just use him there for a quarter, but we need the variety and toughness and long-kicking goals from 55m out that he would bring to our forward mix. Realise that May is our best option for Charlie as well, but reckon we have to try something radical other than just sending Trac up forward. 

Selectors have a tricky option for Carlton also of deciding whether to bring back Olly into seniors or whether he has to tick a few more boxes in the magoos. I've named him, but realise there's probably more club factors that will determine his team situation.

B: McVee Tomlinson Hore

HB: Rivers Lever Bowey

C: Langdon Oliver Windsor

HF: ANB JVR Billings

F: Pickett May Fritsch

Ru: Gawn Petracca Viney

Int: Salem, Schache, Sparrow, Laurie

Sub: Verrall

If Oliver not allowed yet, then K.Brown to play

Changes from Tigers match;

Out: Howes, Chandler, K.Brown (yes he played well) 

In: Salem, Hore, Oliver

Both Schache and Tomlinson have been kept because we need height and especially when we play Sydney at SCG.

Not much would surprise me but May forward certainly would

• Like 1

PLAYER INJURY LENGTH
BRAYSHAW%20Angus.png Angus Brayshaw Illness TBC
BROWN%20Ben.png Ben Brown Knee TBC
FULLARTON%20Tom.png Tom Fullarton Hamstring TBC
HUNTER%20Lachie.png Lachie Hunter Calf TBC
MCDONALD%20Tom.png Tom McDonald Calf TBC
MELKSHAM%20Jake.png Jake Melksham ACL TBC
MONIZ-WAKEFIELD%20Andy.png Andy Moniz-Wakefield Thigh TBC
PETTY%20Harrison.png Harrison Petty Toe TBC
SMITH%20Joel.png Joel Smith Suspension TBC
SPARGO%20Charlie.png Charlie Spargo Achilles TBC
WOEWODIN%20Taj.png Taj Woewodin Concussion TBC
TURNER%20Daniel.png Daniel Turner Stress Fracture 7-9 Weeks

So the only surety is Turner at 7 to 9 weeks and Kozzie at 1 week

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

My understanding is they can have up to 8 on the bench.

Then my team is

B: Lever, May, McVee

HB: Salem, McDonald, Rivers

C: Hunter, Petracca, Langdon

HF: Billings, van Rooyen, Neal-Bullen

F: Pickett, Fritsch, Spargo

FOLL: Gawn, Oliver, Viney

IC: Bowey, Sparrow, K. Brown, Windsor

Laurie, Hore, Woewodin, Verrall 

Edited by WERRIDEE
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, Kent said:
  PLAYER INJURY LENGTH
BRAYSHAW%20Angus.png Angus Brayshaw Illness TBC
BROWN%20Ben.png Ben Brown Knee TBC
FULLARTON%20Tom.png Tom Fullarton Hamstring TBC
HUNTER%20Lachie.png Lachie Hunter Calf TBC
MCDONALD%20Tom.png Tom McDonald Calf TBC
MELKSHAM%20Jake.png Jake Melksham ACL TBC
MONIZ-WAKEFIELD%20Andy.png Andy Moniz-Wakefield Thigh TBC
PETTY%20Harrison.png Harrison Petty Toe TBC
SMITH%20Joel.png Joel Smith Suspension TBC
SPARGO%20Charlie.png Charlie Spargo Achilles TBC
WOEWODIN%20Taj.png Taj Woewodin Concussion TBC
TURNER%20Daniel.png Daniel Turner Stress Fracture 7-9 Weeks

So the only surety is Turner at 7 to 9 weeks and Kozzie at 1 week

What a woefully large injury list to start the season, which  doesn’t even include our most exciting player that’s out for round 0.

• Sad 1

Just now, Bring-Back-Powell said:

What a woefully large injury list to start the season, which  doesn’t even include our most exciting player that’s out for round 0.

Forgot that Kozzy is suspended.

• Like 1