• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: SF vs Carlton

Demonland

1 minute ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Impressed with Joel Smith’s set shot  accuracy tonight and for the season. He was up to the pressure tonight.

I don’t think he’s missed a set shot since Kings Bday.

Um, I have been saying for a while he is a natural FORWARD !

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 1858 said:

We don't maintain intensity and focus like we used to over 4 quarters. I'm saying though that the mental side under Burgess was better as well.

It's an observation.

Our strategy, ball use and selections are obviously the big problem to be fixed though going forward.

Forward craft, forward pressure and ground ball gets inside 50 and at CBs.

Getting severely beaten at CB clearances much of the time now.

All need addressing.

The way we bring the ball into the forward line.

Continuing to attempt to play smalls & small mediums in Key Positions.  Having it fail time and time again.  Yet continuing to persist with it as if at some point it's going to pay off.

Well guess what Simon, it hasn't worked all season and didn't work AGAIN tonight with Kozzy.  Mind you some of the delivery too him was just ridiculously stupid with a few exceptions.

Goal kicking and the ability to choose the correct method!

Example, some players using their burst speed to escape congestion 40 meters out 'directly in front' (or thereabouts) but instead of continuing on, steadying and kicking it from straight in front with a straight leg kick, we take a few steps and try and hack it around the corner and miss!! (Kozzy & Lingers last week from the advantage, Tracc tonight in the 2nd quarter).

Another ordinary game from Chandler for mine.  Far too many in the back half to keep holding his place.  AMW a chance next season but even then i'm not sure he'll make the grade.

Seriously should have kept Bedford.  Did we consider matching GWS's offer or were we just happy to let him go without a fight?

Gave away any speed we had in Baker (probably the right call), Hunt (fair enough to a degree as he had a shocking 2022) but to also seemingly  not fight all that hard for Bedford?  Our last really zippy small on the list outside of Kozzy & AMW that had showed he had potential with his few limited entries as sub, then straight back to Casey.

Now we need some speed, class and finish in in the middle (outside mid), we probably need a player to fight for Linger's spot.  Terrible for most of the night and hasn't been anywhere near his 2021 form (consistently) since. 

Maybe Howes at some point can take on this role.  Or Woe who has played in this posi quite a bit at Casey although i still think he'll be a better outside mid at some point.  No neither of them have the tank right now but if we can get them up to speed a little more in the off-season.  Their ball skills and strength at the contest will be a big step up on that of Lingers imv.

And we simply have to land a Tall Power Forward who can take clutch grabs and kick clutch goals.

Very draining and frustrating watching this team blow so many gettable chances for two seasons now.

How good was May tonight though?  Worried about how long he'll have left as well.

Also thought Spargo was very good on his return.

Smith did ok up forward in the 2nd & 3rd i thought.

McVee VG until his rookie mistake towards the end.

There were others who tried their guts out such as Hunter & Max but still didn't impact much.

Can't think of too many others who stood up but after such a harrowing exit 2 years running i'm probably not noticing a whole lot either.

The decision to sub Schache 👎🏼

The decision to sub Scache then leave him on the bench when Macca had had a mare in the 1st half (after a shocker the week before) 🤷‍♂️👎🏼

The club has also just created a finals flopper rod for its back.  There'll be so much pressure now just to win even one final as all eyes will be on us expecting us to fail and all clubs will reckon they're a chance as we have proven it to be fact now.

Good luck with that going forward.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, everythingsablur said:

Need to also add our fans are shocking. So quiet and sitting there silent with arms crossed even when we kick goals (rare I know)… embarrassing when the entire Blues members erupts for a goal and we only have 6 people stand up!! 

complete bollocks

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

25 minutes ago, Seraph said:

Langdon zero tackles.

Has anyone mentioned Langdon running away from them in the D50 as they were stringing handballs together for a goal? In Q2, I think. Grateful to him for his role in 21, but it has been clear for 18 months now that he has interests outside of footy and isn't totally committed to the cause now that he's achieved a flag. He shirks body contact constantly. You can't carry guys like this, we need to be ruthless. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YearOfTheDees said:

That's my point as soon as he started playing well he was dropped.

Played their song in the car on the way home. Was a great rendition. Let’s hope they can shove it up the others left. 

Their style is finals worthy and list healthy.  Hopefully this is their year now. 

3 minutes ago, Pirlo said:

Has anyone mentioned Langdon running away from them in the D50 as they were stringing handballs together for a goal? In Q2, I think. Grateful to him for his role in 21, but it has been clear for 18 months now that he has interests outside of footy and isn't totally committed to the cause now that he's achieved a flag. He shirks body contact constantly. You can't carry guys like this, we need to be ruthless. 

I dunno about his commitment but Christ he was bad tonight. Fell over about 8 times, kicked it out on the full more than once, was the target of some kicks to the square (why I don’t [censored] know) and stood flat footed while a Carlton player marked both.. waste of space and I would say choked under the pressure. 

• Like 3

Really shattered for the club after all the good and hard work.

So close and win in so many areas but not the forward 50.

Only positive is that our injured eg melks and angus wont be put through torture if we were premiers...

We were robbed tonight after leading most of the game.

enjoy your summer!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pirlo said:

Wonder how anyone can think this? We have had similar game plan issues for two years and failed to fix it.

People can cry poor about injuries all they like. At the bye, Petty was playing predominantly at FB (bamboozling coaching) and Melksham was in the VFL. JVR was sent to the twos not long after for a spell. 

Tonight's forwardline wasn't far away from rd 1.

The game style looks horrible.

The only line that looks right is defence.

There’s something very wrong and it isn’t team selection.

• Like 1

On the train home and absolutely gutted. A game we had control of and  should have won.

Some form of mini clean out of coaches/players required before next season please.

Despite talent, this album is becoming extremely predictable, ineffectual and boring. While the window is ajar make changes. Throw the cheque book at the best available forward and draft some speed.

PS Carlton supporters up and about are on par/worse than the filth.

Thanks

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JimmyGadson said:

Some comments here have nothing to do with my concerns. 

And some I just disagree with. 

We need more than a sprinkle of class in through our team. 

We clearly see it differently, I don't think we made enough change on the fly this season. Even someone like Salem could be utelised at half forward or on ball more and isn't. 

I think this draft needs to be a top one for us. Aim for three picks inside 15 and two inside 10.

Salem goes to half forward where he can't run like an AFL standard half forward due to his injury and illness impacted prep, that opens us up defensively. For every nice set up kick (which there'd be about 3 for the game resulting in 1 extra goal) we'd leak without proper pressure.

Not to mention we lose our best defensive sweeper and replace him with whom? Hibbo with no run left in the tank who was only used as a full back/back pocket all year?

There has to be changes in to next year. Starting with trading and drafting some quality. Plus the development and opportunity given to someone like Howes especially who was consistently just a bit off AFL level in the contest this year but should be expected to bridge that gap over summer.

We've made some list management mistakes sticking with the 2021 crew. But we've also been hard pressed by the cap, by losing Jackson and even Bedford and by some bad contracts we've had to carry. 

Watch the Goody presser. They've been transitioning the side bringing in some kids to have a go this year with JVR and McVee especially proving best 22. They're going to get some contracts off the books and have a strong draft hand this year. There's plenty of reason for optimism around personnel giving us more flexibility in where players play.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Red But Mostly Blue said:

It’s just a game, it’s just a game, it’s just a game, I say as I cry myself to sleep.

Yeah  it’s just game but it’s not.   Shattered   It means the world to me. Family health first mfc after that no logic to it but it just is important   I do not no why 

11 minutes ago, Pirlo said:

Langdon kicking deplorable 2 out in the full, our kicking was [censored], also had team mates .. luv trac but he’s kicking needs work