• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Maynard must get at least four weeks

leave it to deever

Do people really not remember Aaron Vandenberg bringing a bottle of wine over to Brody Mihocek after their collision a few years ago?

Whether it's a dumb and stupid PR stunt or not let's not pretend this is the first time it's ever happened.

Edited by layzie
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, rollinson 65 said:

Shakespeare: 

"First thing we do, we kill all the lawyers".

If my legal analysis proves wrong, mate, you will receive my apology on here.

The Jesuits were about the ends justifying the means, I think. This is a far cry from Aussie lawyers who spend years being trained to look at events chronologically, reasonably and rationonately.    

With all respect - and I mean this genuinely - your defence of 'Aussie Law' is not the full picture. I know of certain 'lawyers'  who specialize in, shall we say, selling criminals get out of jail cards. 

And, by the way, I would have thought a player knocking an opponent unconscious with his shoulder after he has kicked a football over his head has SFA to do with 'Aussie lawyers who spend years being trained to look at events chronologically, reasonably and rationonately.'

I note you are a lawyer who can't even spell rationally correctly. 

Edited by Monbon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

not sure if this is still up to date

Careless conduct: A Player’s conduct will be regarded as Careless where it constitutes a breach of the duty of care owed by the Player to all other Players. Each Player owes a duty of care to all other Players, Umpires and other persons (as applicable) not to engage in conduct which will constitute a Reportable Offence being committed against that other Player, Umpire or other person. In order to constitute such a breach of that duty of care, the conduct must be such that a reasonable Player would not regard it as prudent in all the circumstances. Further, a Player will be careless if they breach their duty to take reasonable care to avoid acts which can be reasonably foreseen to result in a Reportable Offence.

image.thumb.png.1877d2f533b737c07ef8d70e03c9446c.png

Edited by daisycutter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, rollinson 65 said:

Shakespeare: 

"First thing we do, we kill all the lawyers".

If my legal analysis proves wrong, mate, you will receive my apology on here.

The Jesuits were about the ends justifying the means, I think. This is a far cry from Aussie lawyers who spend years being trained to look at events chronologically, reasonably and rationonately.    

I must have missed the subject at Law where they taught that word. Rationonately? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, YearOfTheDees said:

And that he should never have been allowed to play again after his last concussion.

I'll remember that the next time one of their star players is concussed. 

Better not play again. Don't listen to doctors when between 100,000 Collingwood fans you can find 3 functional braincells. They know best. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

Careless conduct: A Player’s conduct will be regarded as Careless where it constitutes a breach of the duty of care owed by the Player to all other Players. Each Player owes a duty of care to all other Players, Umpires and other persons (as applicable) not to engage in conduct which will constitute a Reportable Offence being committed against that other Player, Umpire or other person. In order to constitute such a breach of that duty of care, the conduct must be such that a reasonable Player would not regard it as prudent in all the circumstances. Further, a Player will be careless if they breach their duty to take reasonable care to avoid acts which can be reasonably foreseen to result in a Reportable Offence.

image.thumb.png.1877d2f533b737c07ef8d70e03c9446c.png

Based on that - gone for 3 at least. I still think Kane’s intervention is a portent of grim tidings for Maynard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucifers Hero said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see them stoop so low as to claim the 'severity' is due to Gus' prior concussions rather than the bump.

Pies fans have been going with that narrative all day they even have footage of a incident a few minutes earlier where they think Gus got concussion and we failed to look after him, and others are saying Gus had an obligation to protect himself in the contest, but of a joke really 

• Shocked 1

41 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see them stoop so low as to claim the 'severity' is due to Gus' prior concussions rather than the bump.

Nope, that argument won't fly. 17 legal reasons why. It presupposes knowledge, malice and design, all impossible of proof in Court. It would irritate the Tribunal so no lawyer would even consider it.

It is becoming distressingly clear to me that I have become enmeshed in trying to explain the legal process to angry and exasperated Dees supporters on this thread. I am one of you. I am not Player Maynard's lawyer. I am just trying to prepare us all for disappointment.

And all because I was so enraged by the "I played and you didn't" idiotic argument that I joined the conversation. Usually, I just enjoy reading on here. Now, you people have got my dander up. Bring it on !! 

11 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

I can't remember specifically remember the cases but Christian has let a few people off 'high contact' incidents on the basis of it "...was reasonable in the circumstances..."  It is my guess that this would have been his line before Laura Kane mercifully became involved.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rollinson 65 said:

Nope, that argument won't fly. 17 legal reasons why. It presupposes knowledge, malice and design, all impossible of proof in Court. It would irritate the Tribunal so no lawyer would even consider it.

This isn't a court of law - it is a football Tribunal concerned about optics and spin rather than proof...enough spin to make a case on 'the balance of probabilities'   Who needs proof...

Kangaroo Court would be the most apt!!

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, brendan said:

Pies fans have been going with that narrative all day they even have footage of a incident a few minutes earlier where they think Gus got concussion and we failed to look after him, and others are saying Gus had an obligation to protect himself in the contest, but of a joke really 

To look after oneself in the contest it must be a contest, they are essentially saying not to open yourself up while kicking the ball on case an opposition player cannons into you.

18 minutes ago, Monbon said:

With all respect - and I mean this genuinely - your defence of 'Aussie Law' is not the full picture. I know of certain 'lawyers'  who specialize in, shall we say, selling criminals get out of jail cards. 

And, by the way, I would have thought a player knocking an opponent unconscious with his shoulder after he has kicked a football over his head has SFA to do with 'Aussie lawyers who spend years being trained to look at events chronologically, reasonably and rationonately.'

I note you are a lawyer who can't even spell rationally correctly. 

Admit the spelling mistake.

Even Hitler deserved a good lawyer. It is our system and a bulwark of our society.

I know I am repeating myself but the lawyers involved here will be looking at the real-time vision. Fractions of seconds mate, fractions of seconds. I don't care if Player Maynard gets banned for life. After all, he plays for the filth. I am just trying to prepare us all for disappointment. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rollinson 65 said:

I see I have no support on this thread so I shall desist. I hope that the Tribunal sees the footage from all angles. As a retired lawyer, I think that must absolve Maynard from any penalty. But, as has been pointed out by deep thinkers on this thread, the Tribunal's decision may be political - not fair to player Maynard but politically correct. 

Regards to all and Go Dees,

Rollo

Thanks in advance for desisting.

Wait, what’s this…

4 hours ago, rollinson 65 said:

We are all passionate Dees supporters here so we all feel really sorry about the consequences for Gus.

Because I recognise and share that passion, I take no umbrage at the cheap shots levelled at me after I announced I was leaving this thread.

Anyone with a modicum of legal training will see how this is will play out.

If the Tribunal makes a Rules-based decision based on the real time (not slow-motion) footage, player Maynard will be exonerated.

If the Tribunal makes a political decision (entirely possible), Player Maynard will be exonerated on Appeal. 

Look up “desist” in the dictionary, bruh. Coz you’re doing desisting wrong. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 1

2 minutes ago, rollinson 65 said:

Even Hitler deserved a good lawyer. It is our system and a bulwark of our society.

I know I am repeating myself but the lawyers involved here will be looking at the real-time vision. Fractions of seconds mate, fractions of seconds. I don't care if Player Maynard gets banned for life. After all, he plays for the filth. I am just trying to prepare us all for disappointment. 

YOU’RE STILL HERE?????

Remember that time you said you’d desist????

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Clap 1

4 minutes ago, rollinson 65 said:

I totally agree with you: the perversion of Law and Justice is the bulkwark of our society. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, rollinson 65 said:

It is becoming distressingly clear to me that I have become enmeshed in trying to explain the legal process to angry and exasperated Dees supporters on this thread. I am one of you. I am not Player Maynard's lawyer. I am just trying to prepare us all for disappointment.

And all because I was so enraged by the "I played and you didn't" idiotic argument that I joined the conversation. Usually, I just enjoy reading on here. Now, you people have got my dander up. Bring it on !! 

He had another option… his other option was to put his hands out and brace for contact. The first option isn’t to turn and throw your shoulder into a defenceless player. That’s all the argument will need to be. Not sure what the rest of your argument is

• Like 1