Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Ryley Sanders

adonski

12 minutes ago, Stiff Arm said:

A must have: our first pick needs elite foot skills and good vision going i50

If that's Sander or McKercher, I don't mind.

We have zero elite kicks beyond the back 50, and a high number of poor kicks in our midfield

This is a high priority

Both are elite decision makers and both are good kicks. Mckercher has more pace and a more penetrating kick. Sanders has more variety in his kicking and hits the scoreboard ever so slightly more as he’s also a marking target inside 50 so generates set shots.

Sanders is more rounded and cleaner. Mckercher provides more pace and line breaking run, is a more offensive player.

Due to the line breaking run, Mckercher is seen as more damaging potential and will likely go higher and before our pick.  Sanders more rounded, has leadership potential and likely to have a better career IMO. It just depends on midfield balance and who’s available.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Riley Beveridge reporting on SEN Crunch Time that the AFL are going to recommend an assistance package to North Melbourne of:

- End of first round pick in 2023

- End of first round pick in 2024

- End of second round pick in 2024

- No priority access to Riley Sanders 

** Pick 3 compensation for McKay is a separate issue. Will “likely happen” but won’t have anything to do with assistance package.  

• Thanks 1
  • Vomit 2

54 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Old Gil .... up to his tricks right to the deah knell.  No doubt Clarko working on this behind the scenes as well

Definitely would be amazed if Kangas assistance package was that they got to match any top 40 bid for Sanders.  

as an aside … Laura Kane was at North Melbourne for 6 years from 2016 to end 2021 (pre AFL role) . North Melbourne gave her the pathway into football administration.  She was the General Manager Football Strategy and Operations. I’d assume she has lots of close business working relationships with people at North Melbourne.  I’m not saying there is bias but there would be some stronger inclination to help then perhaps with other clubs.  Always difficult imv when there has been a strong club work or playing history associated, again just imv. At least Gil mostly appeared non partisan.   

Edited by spirit of norm smith
P
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Definitely would be amazed if Kangas assistance package was that they got to match any top 40 bid for Sanders.  

as an aside … Laura Kane was at North Melbourne for 6 years from 2016 to end 2021 (pre AFL role) . North Melbourne gave her the pathway into football administration.  She was the General Manager Football Strategy and Operations. I’d assume she has lots of close business working relationships with people at North Melbourne.  I’m not saying there is bias but there would be some stronger inclination to help then perhaps with other clubs.  Always difficult imv when there has been a strong club work or playing history associated, again just imv. At least Gil mostly appeared non partisan.   

I think Kane would be concerned not to be biased. If that was incorrect, you could expect Mahoney to help us and hinder Dodoro.

On 9/22/2023 at 10:18 AM, DistrACTION Jackson said:

Assuming North don't get access to him, you would have to think he would be available at our pick.

Likely draft outcome will be:

1 - Harley Reid (WC)

2 - Jed Walters (GC)

3 - Colby Mckercher (NM)

4 - Zane Duursma (Haw)

5 - Ryley Sanders (Mel)

With the loss of Jordon, Dunstan & Harmes we really need more midfield depth coming in and he is a high end one.

Even if North get pick 3 for McKay, it is hard to see them taking both McKercher and Sanders given the amount of midfielders they have. Think they would be more interested in either Curtin or Caddy with that pick.

If we can get another pick around 10 and take O'Sullivan I would be very happy with those two.

Curtin ???

I've conceded that with North getting a compo pick for McKay, we'll miss out on Duursma, Watson and McKercher who are my preferred options then I'd be just as stoked getting Sanders with our first pick.

We absolutely need midfield depth and talent and he fits this bill immediately. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Clap 1

2 hours ago, Vineytime said:

Heading to the grand final and will be keeping a close eye on Sanders, I’ll report back this evening. 

Yes will be looking at Sanders, who should be a key to the Dragons winning. Also look for Archie Roberts and Charlie Edwards from the Dragons, and of course Nick Watson and Caleb Windsor for the Ranges. 

From todays Grand Final.  A big win to the Drsgons.  Sanders showed so much class. He provided run and carry out of the middle, with a special highlight in the last. Out of Centre. Two bounces. Across 50 arc. Handballs to Murphy Reid.  Goal. Game over.
Sanders would be a great addition to our midfield. We have the bulls. We need the class.  He’s a top 5-6 draftee for sure. 

• Thanks 2

On 9/22/2023 at 10:18 AM, DistrACTION Jackson said:

Assuming North don't get access to him, you would have to think he would be available at our pick.

Likely draft outcome will be:

1 - Harley Reid (WC)

2 - Jed Walters (GC)

3 - Colby Mckercher (NM)

4 - Zane Duursma (Haw)

5 - Ryley Sanders (Mel)

With the loss of Jordon, Dunstan & Harmes we really need more midfield depth coming in and he is a high end one.

Even if North get pick 3 for McKay, it is hard to see them taking both McKercher and Sanders given the amount of midfielders they have. Think they would be more interested in either Curtin or Caddy with that pick.

If we can get another pick around 10 and take O'Sullivan I would be very happy with those two.

Not sure how you have Melbourne at 5. We will be 7 as North will get Pick 3 as compensation for Ben McKay (a total joke) and Jed Walters being taken by Gold Coast at 2 pushes all the picks back 1 position.

On 9/23/2023 at 12:43 PM, BaliDemon said:

Riley Beveridge reporting on SEN Crunch Time that the AFL are going to recommend an assistance package to North Melbourne of:

- End of first round pick in 2023

- End of first round pick in 2024

- End of second round pick in 2024

- No priority access to Riley Sanders 

** Pick 3 compensation for McKay is a separate issue. Will “likely happen” but won’t have anything to do with assistance package.  

I hope this is what happens. Riley Beveridge should know since he works for the AFL and you'd think would only be releasing this is he had the sign-off from above.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sydney_Demon said:

Not sure how you have Melbourne at 5. We will be 7 as North will get Pick 3 as compensation for Ben McKay (a total joke) and Jed Walters being taken by Gold Coast at 2 pushes all the picks back 1 position.

I hope this is what happens. Riley Beveridge should know since he works for the AFL and you'd think would only be releasing this is he had the sign-off from above.

I'm not sure why the academy picks etc should be pushing the others further down.

Just let the clubs who have the priority stuff take their man in a separate allocated 'nominate your priority' partitioned draft about 2 weeks out and be done with it.

Leave the standard draft picks alone FCS.

Edited by Demon Dynasty

On 9/21/2023 at 6:54 PM, Demon Dynasty said:

I really like the look of Sanders.  Reminds me a little of Tim Watson.  Great football brain combined with oodles of power and some finesse coming inside 50 as well.  He's within reach for us yes?

However looking like the Norf are going to shift the draft posts with the help of the AFL bah!

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1036986/top-draft-prospect-ryley-sanders-approved-as-member-of-north-melbourne-kangaroos-next-generation-academy

Funny you say Watson I thought he looked like a faster version of Mark Harvey

10 hours ago, Sydee said:

Funny you say Watson I thought he looked like a faster version of Mark Harvey

Possibly Sydee.  I recall alot more of Tim's play i think as he was pretty damaging but you may be right there.

17 hours ago, Sydney_Demon said:

I forgot about the GC pick that will apparently be going to the dogs.

I wonder how keen North are on him and would he fit well into their midfield? 
Would he be a better fit than Mckercher? 
Mckercher might offer more on the outside but they have Sheezel coming through for that.

Given he’s likely to be available our pick 5/6 wonder if we might target their pick 3.

Pick 5/6 and 24 for pick 3, which is what we originally gave for Jackson. 

• Like 1