• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

PREGAME: QF vs Collingwood

Demonland

4 hours ago, Demon17 said:

Another example of late middle aged white men re-living their past with a mediocre act that doesn't cut it vocally or in the daytime in an arena with no atmoshpere for this type of act.

Will be poorly compared with Robbie Willams efforts last year.

Just an annual joke.  I'll be downstaris buying a pie.

3 hours ago, rjay said:

...are you addressing me here 'Demon17'?

1 hour ago, Demon17 said:

Hard to say.

But Gillard said last night that there was huge love inside afl mgt ranks for kiss. He named one and it may have been Dillon but can't remember.

Do the afl execs think they no anything at all about pre game entertainment.

History suggests not.

Except for Barnsey's huge show in 2028

For what it's worth...I'm not the slightest bit interested in GF entertainment.

I'm one of those poor souls who believe the game is good enough.

If they do need to put something on I guess it's hard to cater for a large demographic and you're never going to please everyone.

My earlier comment re Kiss and lip-syncing...it's might be a bit embarrassing if they don't, lets just say that.

1 hour ago, Winners at last said:

I query how many of these performers actually sing/play at this type of gig. 

They definitely don't play, some sing a bit to the track with some reinforcement. Kind of hight tech karaoke I guess.

13 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Can’t wait, my wife and I are flying in from Sydney. My mate and his partner who are Pies supporters are flying in from Perth. I was at a bbq last Saturday explaining this to league supporters and they just couldn’t get….

AFL  is the greatest game in the world, and we’ll be watching the oldest football club in the world play at the greatest sporting stadium. Hopefully back in another couple of weeks to see them hold the cup aloft.

Lesgue tickets are so accessible come finals, says a lot really.

My wife and I flying 8n from Brisbane Thursday arvo.

Can't wait

• Like 1
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, Brownie said:

My wife and I flying 8n from Brisbane Thursday arvo.

Can't wait

Lived  in Thidee for 6 months. Used to go to pubs in Potts Point  and Bondi Junction.  Often someone would come in and dump free NRL match of the day tickets on the bar and walk out. Never saw any takers.

Wouldnt be surprised if anyone can buy tickets to the NRL GF online for 50 bucks.

British junk for the British.

• Shocked 1

20 minutes ago, Megatron said:

Couldn’t get what? Flying over for the game? If so I can’t get what they couldn’t get…

Couldn’t get that, flying to Melbourne to watch a game of footy. They (league supporters or the majority of them) don’t understand the passion involved in AFL. Our clubs been down for so long I want to be there when we’re dominating the big games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Couldn’t get that, flying to Melbourne to watch a game of footy. They (league supporters or the majority of them) don’t understand the passion involved in AFL. Our clubs been down for so long I want to be there when we’re dominating the big games.

That’s crazy. They will always be the no. 2 code with that type of thinking. I love that you’re flying over for it. I’m driving 5 hours for the game myself. Can’t bloody wait.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, layzie said:

Being a massive fan I would love this! Might only get one 9 minute song but worth it!

Not a Kiss groupie or anything but I think this works for GF day. Will definitely go nuts for Detroit Rock City!

https://youtu.be/jmDLevYZUvU?si=1UbnYNdw1ANoif37

Gizz could just blast this one!

• Love 1

36 minutes ago, rjay said:

They definitely don't play, some sing a bit to the track with some reinforcement. Kind of hight tech karaoke I guess.

I played at the Anzac Day game this year. Was all live. 

Edited by Mel Bourne
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I reckon it might not rain so much now.

I could be wrong of course but the forecast temperature keeps going up and the amount of rain forecast seems to be going down. Maybe it will just be a few light scattered showers and not a bog slow track at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rjay said:

Do you think Kiss will play live?

Not exactly, they’ve been using a bit of “enhancement” for a while now. 

Was just addressing what you were saying about the performances in general. Basically they give you the option, and some choose to go down the more cowardly path. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mel Bourne said:

Basically they give you the option,

Do you get the option on GF day?

I haven't payed a lot of attention but it seems most are at minimum using a backing track of some type.

It would seem hard to set up and then pack down a live show in the time allocated. Particularly a big show.

2 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

I reckon the 'we lose in wet weather' is being overplayed on here.

I can't recall all the wet weather games we have lost this year but the ones that stand out are

• vs Ess- we stuffed up our preparation and travel.
  • vs GWS - kicking for goal was atrocious.  A rare mistake by Lever allowed Kelly to kick a freak 60m goal just before the siren.
  • vs Port - we nearly won on one good quarter of football with Oliver playing it out injured.

They aren't excuse.  We lost.  We wear it.  But I'd be careful of extrapolating that to the stress levels on here about it raining on Thursday night.

Anyway, what is a few mm of rain at the G which has excellent drainage and with a mild wind blowing during the day/evening.  

If it is damp it will favour us.  Pies rely on fast, slick ball movement.  We do not. 

Whatever the conditions we have this.

Agreed, from memory all of our wet games were very very close games.

The only wet game outside of a goal or so was the Essendon game (which also was our largest losing margin for the season, at 27 points).  Like you said, there were other reasons for why we fell over in that game.

We've been tested again and again during the season and I think that puts us in a good position to play in any weather at this pointy end of the year!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rjay said:

Do you get the option on GF day?

I haven't payed a lot of attention but it seems most are at minimum using a backing track of some type.

It would seem hard to set up and then pack down a live show in the time allocated. Particularly a big show.

Not all the performances are on the ground. The “Meatloaf Stage” is above the car entrance, and that’s a dedicated live stage. But there is the option to set up live for the ground performances. The stages are set up for live use and just wheeled on, plugged in, then wheeled off. Soundcheck is done the day before. Paul Kelly and the band did the ground a couple of years ago, all live. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

49 minutes ago, Megatron said:

That’s crazy. They will always be the no. 2 code with that type of thinking. I love that you’re flying over for it. I’m driving 5 hours for the game myself. Can’t bloody wait.

It's now a running joke with my coworkers how AFL mad I am - but the one other Melbournian in the Sydney office with me, he sees it as completely normal!

10 hour train ride down on Wednesday night, this whole week feels like wading through treacle for the good part.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Mel Bourne said:

Not all the performances are on the ground. The “Meatloaf Stage” is above the car entrance, and that’s a dedicated live stage. But there is the option to set up live for the ground performances. The stages are set up for live use and just wheeled on, plugged in, then wheeled off. Soundcheck is done the day before. Paul Kelly and the band did the ground a couple of years ago, all live. 

Thanks again 'Mel'...much appreciated.

The mind games starting with McRae.  We will play 2 rucks but one might be the sub.  lol

Trying to tempt us into playing Grundy.  Don't do it Goody!   Bring in T Mac. We are 7 wins from 8 (should be 8 on the trot) do not mess with our structure

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

We are yet to win a game in the wet this year, is that correct?

4 hours ago, hells bells said:

Does anyone know how well Collingwood have gone this year in wet weather games?  I can't recall too many wet games for them, but maybe due to ignorance.  

As far as I can ascertain, they have not played once in the rain - their "slick handball game" may suffer more than ours.

• Like 1