• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 22 vs Carlton

Demonland

11 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Yes it was lol Can clearly see his fingers moved.

Look at the side view. His hand was nowhere near it, so what fingers moving are you talking about? 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Rod Grinter Riot Squad said:

Can’t believe they didn’t take a bit extra time on the score review

theft

They skipped that camera angle on the side very, very quickly.

Arc an absolute shambles, how can a billion, billion dollar industry not have zoom in technology, clearer angles to acknowledge it wasn't touched.

I'm angry now, but if that was a final god knows what people would do if that evidence came up on the big screen.

#getitright

• Like 3
  • Vomit 1

The Petracca non-goal is a really interesting one IMO.

Marchbank immediately claimed he’d touched it (yes he could he lying but looked to me like it was genuine because of how quickly he did it)

One angle looks like his fingers move.

Another angle looks like he’s nowhere near it.

Ultimately the soft call killed us. 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Just now, Webber said:

Look at the side view. His hand was nowhere near it, so what fingers moving are you talking about? 

Exactly, but why barely showed that angle compared to the others right? I had it on mute and I felt like I was being biased or going crazy. There was one clear angle and the other two were inconclusive.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Surfer Dee said:

Brutal game. Insane intensity. Forget top two, that was the type of footy we need to be playing. That'll get us to a prelim (anything can happen from there). Undone by a few lucky bounces, kicks that fell short and a damn good midfielder in Cripps. Nothing to be ashamed of here, let's replay it in September.

No we were shocking!

• Haha 1

Just now, layzie said:

So was it touched or are we all just being Melb fans?

I mean the entire internet is saying it wasn’t touched. Including every opposition fan that doesn’t barrack for Carlton so 🤷‍♀️

Also how is JVR getting his legs taken out for no free. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1
  • Vomit 1

Wow what a pressurised game, just made the G look small. Did not help that we let them waltz out of the centre for the first 2 goals, we had our chances to win it in the last, but didn't get the chocolates. So the equation for me is 5 wins in a row please and I will be very happy.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

Good side Carlton. Was surprised with the cockiness of some on here during the week that we'd win easily.

They were missing Cerra Walsh McGovern which is impressive in itself. They'll do some damage come September. They're a genuine top 4 contender in my eyes.

I think we'll be fine. There is some positives to take out of this game imo and I think a loss like this actually keeps us back on edge. 

On the negatives.

Grundy forward experiment is officially done. It simply doesn't work and we're playing a man down when he's down there. Slow, unfit and brought in off the back off poor form at VFL level. Goody has done a lot right in the last month, but he made a mistake bringing him in tonight.

This could mean we may have to rush Tom McDonald in next week..

I love Petracca, but his last quarter efforts in the opening 5 minutes on Cripps was seriously lazy. Allowed him to Waltz out of stoppage far too easily and create score involvements for the first 2 goals that they kicked. He simply had to just lock him down harder and not allow him easy space.

Our forward line was lacking big time. It's time to keep Joel Smith permanently there because the Petty out was significant tonight.

No more James Jordon thanks. 

Brayshaw was absolutely huge for us! BOG by a mile in my books. Keep him in there for the rest of the year.

All in all, disappointing to lose, but definitely not losing the faith. Win the next 2 and we can set ourselves up well come September. 

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, Stinger said:

The side on camera shot clearly showed a decent gap between his hand and the ball? But they only played that about once compared to the other angles? Am I being biased or did anyone else see that shown once and then they went back to the two which I agree were inconclusive….

Correct a mundo and they skipped that vision very, very quickly.

8 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

I know the goal line decisions going to be the main talking point but really we have so many problems that need addressing before worrying about that. 

Selection on a greasy/wet night was not great.

Still love bomving it long to outnumbered or out sized contests.

Players don’t shepherd for each other, don’t do the hard yards for each other.

Max whinges more than the whole of England. Also flops around like a fish out of water.

Salem has some of the worst disposals I’ve seen in a long time. He was once elite at hitting a target now he is elite at panicking and butchering the ball.

As bizarre as it sounds Petty out might cost us any chance. 

He really should have drilled that shot. We had multiple chances to win it. 

Touched or not. The Ark is a half measure until it can be reliable enough to make a call. 

The goal umpire shouldn’t guess if he isn’t 100% sure. Make the Arc make the call.

• Like 1

What is wrong with the AFL's video review system, the quality of the video for replay is pathetic.  No clarity, and needs to have a higher framerate for video capture. Melbourne were not the better team on the night, but we could have pinched that game, and we were let down by technology.

• Like 2

Cripps teared the 4th qtr apart, he won them the game in the first 5 minutes of the 4th qtr.  why was t Petracca and Kozzie out in the ball in the 4th?

Carlton deserved the win, the were first at the ball, to have Paddy Dow dominate in the middle is a wake up call to our midfield.

• Like 1
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Demon_spurs said:

Why cant the soft call be " I don't know" ? Takes out the soft call and makes the propeller heads do their job

The goal ump was obviously influenced by Marchbank’s insistence. He was guessing. AFL umpiring remains pure amateur-ville. It demeans every other aspect of the game. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1

13 minutes ago, Radar Detector said:

No idea what you were looking at Dazzle. One angle showed the ball miss his hand by a fair way.

And one angle showed his fingers clearly bent.

Seriously if this was May touching this you'd all be lauding what a herculean effort it was.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, BrisbaneDemon said:

Cripps teared the 4th qtr apart, he won them the game in the first 5 minutes of the 4th qtr.  why was t Petracca and Kozzie out in the ball in the 4th?

Carlton deserved the win, the were first at the ball, to have Paddy Dow dominate in the middle is a wake up call to our midfield.

Clarry on the bench to start the last quarter cost us that game. So stupid. 

• Like 2
  • Clap 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Jaded No More said:

I mean the entire internet is saying it wasn’t touched. Including every opposition fan that doesn’t barrack for Carlton so 🤷‍♀️

Also how is JVR getting his legs taken out for no free. 

Fair enough. 

At the end of the day though if the soft call is touched we're stuffed. I didn't see the mystery angle and I've seen it at the game and must have missed it on Kayo just now due to anger.