• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Farewell James Jordon

Demonland

We should make him an offer commensurate with his value to us. I don't want to lose him but I think he's worth more to rival clubs where he'll be best 22. He's borderline best 22 for us and is relying on injuries to get regular games.

Personally, I think he should go to another club to fulfil his career. He deserves to I reckon.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Hatchman said:

If I was JJ I'd look elsewhere, great player but he's well behind in the pecking order for our midfield. At another club he'd be in the best 22 and playing every week with a lot of certainty

He is not a “great” player, he is a good player and as much as I am a fan, that is the problem. He is behind some great players.

Even if Harmes, Dunstan and Laurie go, who are all behind him, freeing up some cap space, that is probably not the answer as it’s about playing regularly.

I would move on ANB and Spargo to give him more opportunity, but that won’t happen.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Redleg said:

He is not a “great” player, he is a good player and as much as I am a fan, that is the problem. He is behind some great players.

Even if Harmes, Dunstan and Laurie go, who are all behind him, freeing up some cap space, that is probably not the answer as it’s about playing regularly.

I would move on ANB and Spargo to give him more opportunity, but that won’t happen.

He isn't a half forward so moving those two on would be pointless in this situation.

I think the kid needs to play out the season. Fridge and freezer are a big part of why we will get better short term offensively.

Out elite kids are great contested players but are terrible distributors, Jordan gives us balance in there. I would keep 

1 minute ago, Cheap Seats said:

He isn't a half forward so moving those two on would be pointless in this situation.

I think the kid needs to play out the season. Fridge and freezer are a big part of why we will get better short term offensively.

Out elite kids are great contested players but are terrible distributors, Jordan gives us balance in there. I would keep 

Who are fridge and freezer?

11 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Who are fridge and freezer?

Jordan and sparrow.

It was some in joke from Gus and gawny from 2021 I believe.

Edited by Cheap Seats

The Good: Better kick than most of our mids, generally composed with good skills, good role player, versatile, team first.

The bad: A bit plodding

The ugly: N/A

It's a shame the club hasn't seen fit to play him more. I'd have him ahead of Harmes, Dunstan and Laurie. I like Laurie's smarts and skills but just not sure he'll cut it at the next level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BDA said:

We should make him an offer commensurate with his value to us. I don't want to lose him but I think he's worth more to rival clubs where he'll be best 22. He's borderline best 22 for us and is relying on injuries to get regular games.

Personally, I think he should go to another club to fulfil his career. He deserves to I reckon.

He has a contract from the club ready for him to sign.

He has put off a decision.

All the noise indicates he is going albeit reluctantly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

If we breached it, but May went into the game injured. Take him off toward the end. No one would have been able to prove anything different. We have scans of his torn hammy. We were protecting the fact he may have torn it off the bone in essentially by that stage a dead game.

May has already said he did not want to come off and wanted to be on the ground for the final season. 

8 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

May has already said he did not want to come off and wanted to be on the ground for the final season. 

And so he should have. He’s waited a long time to win a flag, and was a massive reason why we won it.
JJ is still very young and has his entire career ahead of him.
The sub rule was a joke and it’s very unfortunate that JJ was the one who had to do it.
But, ask Hunt and I’m sure he would have liked to have been the sub. Same with Smith, Melksham and countless others who missed out altogether. 

Edited by Jaded No More
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Redleg said:

You obviously aspire to our glory days of the '70s.

Why should we put games into a player who has signalled very early on to look elsewhere.  Jordon is a solid player without any elite skill set.  I hope he stays but if not I wish him all the best.

I too hope he stays, I think there's a narrow window where he chooses to stay with us - plays the season out including the GF on field, and Harmes and Laurie both get traded.  Unlikely but possible.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Redleg said:

You're right. Spargo & ANB won't go because they're contracted respectively to 2025 & 2026 😀

4 hours ago, Roger Mellie said:

The Good: Better kick than most of our mids, generally composed with good skills, good role player, versatile, team first.

The bad: A bit plodding

The ugly: N/A

It's a shame the club hasn't seen fit to play him more. I'd have him ahead of Harmes, Dunstan and Laurie. I like Laurie's smarts and skills but just not sure he'll cut it at the next level.

He is ahead of Harmes, Dunstan & Laurie. When Oliver comes back though it's between JJ & Woewodin who stays in the 22. And will Chandler come back into the side at some stage? How are we going to squeeze Hibberd back in?

4 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

He has a contract from the club ready for him to sign.

He has put off a decision.

All the noise indicates he is going albeit reluctantly.

He was right to park contract discussions. Of couse he needs to know whether he's in our preferred 22 before he signs. How long's the contract? How lucrative is it compared to what he could get elsewhere? 

19 minutes ago, Jontee said:

Why should we put games into a player who has signalled very early on to look elsewhere.  Jordon is a solid player without any elite skill set.  I hope he stays but if not I wish him all the best.

Signalled very early? Why, because he parked contract discussions. It was the right thing for him to do given the circumstances then and now. We pick our best side, regardless of whether the player is contracted for next year or not.

29 minutes ago, Jontee said:

No I don’t.

You obviously think ANB and Spargo are better players than JJ. I wonder how many agree with you.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, praha said:

Spargo isn't overrated. In fact he's barely recognised. He's not played as a deep forward and suspect Goodwin plays him in a very specific role. There must be something about him and what he does that just isn't seen to the natural eye. He's quote strong in the core and rarely turns the ball over by foot and hand. Of all the "experienced" players his clanger rate is the lowest over his career.

Spargo dropped for the 3rd time this year. Obviously no longer overrated by the Match Committee, but still overrated on Demonland.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

No idea. As others have said, May went in with a torn hammy, take him off the last 10 mins and if the AFL complain attach the scans to the front of an old Panzerkampfwagen Tiger Ausf.B and drive them down their throats whilst hanging out of the turret with the cup!

I get it, but I seriously doubt that anyone would have cared, but Harmes was willing to say he had hammy “awareness” or as I state above. Take May off.

Post of the year for the Panzerwagen reference. Very good timing with the tour on and Wout van Aert playing the modern day Tony Panzerwagen Martin 

Edited by Superunknown
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, mo64 said:

Spargo dropped for the 3rd time this year. Obviously no longer overrated by the Match Committee, but still overrated on Demonland.

Has really struggled since his concussion ...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, old55 said:

Has really struggled since his concussion ...

Prior to being concussed, he had 1 possession in a half of football against the Bombers. He got dropped once he was available for selection. 

23 hours ago, Tracca said:

we would of had to fork out 50k if we breached the sub rule

My MFCSS nightmare envisaged Gillon coming out after the final siren and exhibiting Rule 199.7.3(c)(iii)  that had only just been discovered stating that a team (other than Geelong, Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton, Richmond or any franchise club) who fakes a sub forfeits the game - and goes on to present the cup to Footscray. 😱🤮

8 hours ago, Sydney_Demon said:

He is ahead of Harmes, Dunstan & Laurie. When Oliver comes back though it's between JJ & Woewodin who stays in the 22. And will Chandler come back into the side at some stage? How are we going to squeeze Hibberd back in?

He was right to park contract discussions. Of couse he needs to know whether he's in our preferred 22 before he signs. How long's the contract? How lucrative is it compared to what he could get elsewhere? 

Signalled very early? Why, because he parked contract discussions. It was the right thing for him to do given the circumstances then and now. We pick our best side, regardless of whether the player is contracted for next year or not.

Yes, it will be difficult for JJ when Ollie returns.  Woewoden could be the unlucky one.   Cannot see any of the other mids being left out.

Re Hibberd - can anyone else envisage Bowey being moved forward. to take Spargo's place?   Great defensive skills and pressure, and a good kick at goal.  Could be an ideal 'defensive forward'.

Edited by monoccular

55 minutes ago, mo64 said:

Prior to being concussed, he had 1 possession in a half of football against the Bombers. He got dropped once he was available for selection. 

Yes he wasn't Robinson Crusoe against Essendon.

8 hours ago, Sydney_Demon said:

i heard he was asking for 4yrs, you'd assume thats 4yrs at 300k which is average and then bonuses and clauses related to games played and bnf taking him further from there which is perfectly reasonable for him, think similar to marlion pickett/kamdyn mcintosh at richmond but hes getting security on career. other clubs probably offer him 400 + bonuses, id be reluctant as him to assume im going into anyones best 22 with any sort of permanency. the interested clubs

essendon: zerrett, parish, hobbs, perkins, setterfield, tsatas so he's ahead of shiel MAYBE setterfield with another top 10 pick this season and in future years

gcs: Rowell, anderson, touk and then top picks davies, hollands, flanders + swallow and then academy players and top picks to come hes outside the starting square there too

and swans: gulden, rowbum, parker, mills, chad so he's at least 6th there too without pinch hitters or pick 4 this year. 

if i'm him id trust the process where i am and maybe look around again in another 2-3 years if its still 12-15 games a season or less

• Like 2

On 7/19/2023 at 4:22 PM, Turner said:

Finn Macrae of collingwood or elijah hollands would be younger alternatives too. Beast mode mathieson as an older body too who's great for culture around the club. 

Or a reid type ;)

I cant say I agree with you on in regards to that tird.