• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

PREGAME: Rd 18 vs Brisbane

Demonland

May .... mark of the year.  Feel free to cast your vote fellow minions if you haven't already

https://www.afl.com.au/mark-of-the-year?fbclid=IwAR2Ssg6U9c_RWklLrDiHlkvhboOQpfGMIBg8CmOyko9DtK1mOSDT9QJFsHY

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All the pressure on Brisbane in this one, Two of our top 5 players not on the paddock, bad vibes going back to the G.

If they get their aholes handed to them it will cause irreversible psychological damage in many ways to their club and season.

Our loading phase has finished, we should be up and about again the thought of having 5 of the next 6 weeks at the G would have the group in a good place.

Back on the G to reinforce our mid-zone pressure systems and other nuisances within our Gameplan eg. Forward line.😂 

Beware the team coming off 2 soft kills, fast start key to this game, hit them hard early catch them off guard and still in holiday mode.

If we win this they know top 2 ain't happening for them, they can't play away from the Gabba.

No Top 2 For Lions = Game Over

They are doomed in the years to come the Gabba is being refurbished for the Olympics, they don't win this game they ain't winning a Premiership in the time it takes to refurbish the Gabba (years).

All the pressure on them.

Tear them a new one Demons, 

Give em Hell !!!

Up the Dees.

Edited by YesitwasaWin4theAges
  • Like 15
  • Love 2

30 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

Let Berry play on Petracca……smash him

I wonder what that looks like if Trac plays 65-70% forward again? Does Berry play as a pure defender?

I expect us to go head to head with Brisbane's mids. They may put some work into Neale, but other than that, we won't look to sit on players.

Lyons can be exploited for leg speed and I'd be looking to play through his man on burst at stoppages, but if we win the CP battle, I think we'll win.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dees_In_October said:

A little science fiction for Demonland on a Tuesday arvo:

The year is 2050.

It's late in the third quarter of the Grand Final. Schache Jnr., a number one draft pick who demanded a trade to powerhouse club Melbourne after not being eligible for drafting via the parent-child rule, is having a shocker. The skills are there, the footy IQ is there, he's just lacking that special something, that little bit of beast mode. And the Dees need their forward line firing, in what looks likely to be a close finish against the Tasmanian Pademelons, who are fresh off their first premiership (having entered the league in 2040 after the ribbon was finally cut on their floating stadium off the coast of Hobart).

Melbourne has already used its injury sub, concussion sub and tactical sub. But never fear. Because the Demons are about to activate their IPATS (injured player asset transferal sub). Schache leaves the field and disappears into a chrome-plated structure at the back of the interchange area, what is colloquially known as the "phone box" by old-timers. When he emerges, the guessing game begins. Despite the answer being obvious, the commentators are, as usual, flummoxed. Which injured player's asset have the Demons transferred to Schache using their IPATS? There was never any doubt. After all, Melbourne lost three-time premiership hero and father-son steal Silton Oliver to concussion protocols in the lead-up to the finals.

Schache re-enters the field of play. Beast-mode activated. Victory for Melbourne!

This reminded me of a meme that was getting around in 2020 (from memory). There was a picture of a spaceship, it said…. 

We have received a message sir from the planet called earth.

What does it say?

It says Melbourne are rebuilding.

• Haha 2

Danger game. 

Only joking. We are the underdogs this week. 

Dees missing Oliver and Fritsch.  Lions missing only Dunkley. 

Memo to Simon Goodwin 

1- tag Lachie Neale 

2- tag Will Ashcroft 

3- Play through the corridor when we can 

4- hypnotize Kozzzy to remember the player he was in round 1 

5- let Gawn have 65% of ruck time 

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

1 minute ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Danger game. 

Memo to Simon Goodwin 

1- tag Lachie Neale 

2- tag Will Ashcroft 

You don't tag two mids...

And Gawn has played pretty much 65% of the ruck for most of the season. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Roost it far said:

Just watched the Saints game, our rucks are now just good average ruckman and that’s ok. 

We don't need two average ruckman playing every single week.

This might not be one of the weeks to do that 😅

However, would really like to see how we go with Scache in for Grundy for a few weeks.

If he can pinch hit for Max a bit plus provide a few extra goals he might become a handy alternative to Grundy.

Can i see the SC seriously considering this?  Nup!

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, A F said:

AFL data ratings show Gawn has attended between 52-57% of CBAs over the last 4 weeks.  Grundy the balance (43-48%). I feel like we are trying to balance out the ruck time. Max was All Australian ruck who has now adjusting and reducing his ruck time to accommodate Grundy.  In 2021, his CBA was 80-88% with Jackson interchanging.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Brownie said:

If he really got off the leash, I'd wonder how Koz would go on Cameron?

Cameron wayoo smart for Kozzzie 

Koz is all energy no thinking 

Charlie is supersmart around the ball and making position

• Like 2
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Shocked 1

8 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

We are the underdogs this 

We clearly have a different definition of 'underdogs'.

Current betting odds for win:

Melbourne 1.75

Brisbane    2.10

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, praha said:

No one talks about Hibberd. I honestly can't see us winning the flag without him. Strange I know but we need him back.

An at least 90% fit Hibbo is a much needed asset going into finals. 

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

2 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

AFL data ratings show Gawn has attended between 52-57% of CBAs over the last 4 weeks.  Grundy the balance (43-48%). I feel like we are trying to balance out the ruck time. Max was All Australian ruck who has now adjusting and reducing his ruck time to accommodate Grundy.  In 2021, his CBA was 80-88% with Jackson interchanging.  

Max has peaked and is coming down , he's probably also aware of his knee issues. 

That's all fair enough but he doesn't seem to learnt how to play "smarter" within his  new limits.

More time behind the ball, let Grundy run around 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Thinking 1

11 hours ago, A F said:

I wonder what that looks like if Trac plays 65-70% forward again? Does Berry play as a pure defender?

I expect us to go head to head with Brisbane's mids. They may put some work into Neale, but other than that, we won't look to sit on players.

Lyons can be exploited for leg speed and I'd be looking to play through his man on burst at stoppages, but if we win the CP battle, I think we'll win.

Agree, I can see it being a score from stoppage game and it should be an enjoyable midfield duel from a neutral standpoint  Would dearly love to have had Clarry in this one but confident Jordon can do the biz.

This is the game where I'd love to see Kozzie rotate through there, not an overly quick midfield and if gets a few breakaway possessions it could make a difference. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, A F said:

You don't tag two mids...

Yep agree, tagging two mids at once just takes away our midfield strength as well. 

Why have two starting mids play a negating role whilst the other is left to then fight and scrap from an offensive point of view..

Back our system in. Sparrow imo, is edging close to a break out game in the midfield. He's been building the last couple of weeks. Potential 30 plus on Friday night hopefully. 

• Like 7

On 7/11/2023 at 8:28 AM, dazzledavey36 said:

Hibbo is cooked unfortunately and should be made to earn his spot back.

Love the guy big time but the reality is he's body is simply letting down and his last performance against Gary Rohan was to be quite blunt, was embarrassing as he got exposed for speed and height.

Back 6 is fine as it is. I have zero concerns with them especially as Brayshaw can also come back if need.

lololololololololol

• Haha 2

My prediction is they're going to start reducing Kozzy's TOG and play him through the midfield like the first 10 rounds. And that this was always the plan...

Edited by A F
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Danger game. 

Memo to Simon Goodwin 

1- tag Lachie Neale 

2- tag Will Ashcroft 

Goodwin does not tag players anymore no matter how damaging they are in the game.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, A F said:

My prediction is they're going to start reducing Kozzy's TOG and play him through the midfield like the first 10 rounds. And that this was always the plan...

Maybe but I don’t think that Chandler falling off a perch was part of the plan so they may need to reconsider that one…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Jackson FIX said:

Maybe but I don’t think that Chandler falling off a perch was part of the plan so they may need to reconsider that one…

Chandler will come back in soon enough. 

Good management of a young player- something many posters were crying out for last year.

• Like 7