PREGAME: Rd 06 vs Richmond

Demonland

44 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Too many sips from the wine cask I fear.

After a knee injury you build up the knee strength not thrash it. 2 games in 5 days, imo as a non doctor of course, would be ridiculous.

I'd be more worried if Uncle wasn't sipping Mr Leg!

And what's wrong with a little 2021 Chateau de Romsey anyway 😀

I'm guessing this is where having the other big boy in Reg probably helps to lessen the load somewhat (for Max) over both weeks?

Also we may end up resting Max that following week as you are suggesting.  I don't see why he can't be managed that way if the oppo is only bringing one genuine ruck.

As Uncle said .... we will soon find out how he pulls up (Max that is... not Uncle!)

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Was this at Adelaide Oval?

Regardless, I’m sorry your son had to hear that. ☹️ If there is such a person she’s not part of the cheer squad, even if she was in our bay. Foul language is banned. Microphones in the goalposts mean that hefty fines can be issued by the AFL. Besides, she’d be told to cut it out immediately if she was a DA member. 

Now I know why my application for DA membership was rejected.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 hours ago, Deebymistake said:

In the past I have rocked up with my general admission membership and been able to get a seat, albeit way up high on level 4.  I just tried upgrading my general admission membership barcode then on ticketek and it doesn't show any available seats.  I am assuming this means all reserve seats have been sold.  BarnDee I may be joining you in the back row of level 4!

ok thanks dee  if thats the case  na  , way up there is like not being there lol might go to plan B , cheers and go dees 

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

I realise there is a thing called match hardness that comes through playing. However, if he has been chosen to play against Richmond, I assume the "build up" has beed carried out during rehab/training.

Anyway  Red, we'll find out over the next week or so!

Yep.

I think Grundy is going to need a freshen at some stage, so that could be interesting.

I think Schache could turn out to be a useful swing man for us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BarnDee said:

ok thanks dee  if thats the case  na  , way up there is like not being there lol might go to plan B , cheers and go dees 

plan B  got me a seat in the cricket club so all good , looking forward to it first live game in years :)

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Demon Dynasty said:

I'd be more worried if Uncle wasn't sipping Mr Leg!

And what's wrong with a little 2021 Chateau de Romsey anyway 😀

I'm guessing this is where having the other big boy in Reg probably helps to lessen the load somewhat (for Max) over both weeks?

Also we may end up resting Max that following week as you are suggesting.  I don't see why he can't be managed that way if the oppo is only bringing one genuine ruck.

As Uncle said .... we will soon find out how he pulls up (Max that is... not Uncle!)

The outrage was he suggested Uncle was imbibing Chateau Cardboard. He would be mortified at the thought.

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

32 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Is there a shower where you put the banner together? If not, seems like a significant health and safety issue for you.

No showers at Reach, which is why I rocked up in full PPE, gas-mask included. Apparently they’re working on a vaccine and it should be available by ANZAC eve next year, which is great since next year we all go to Punt Road to make the shared banner. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Surely better than yellow & pooh brown

Neck and neck 

It could be a red herring but in today's press conf Goodwin hinted that Brown might play on Monday night.

He was lamenting the need to produce the squad 4-5 days prior to game time.  Brown wasn't in the squad but given the time gap changes could be made, I guess.

Do we have until tomorrow night to submit our final 22?

• Like 3

Max is a champion and professional. If he and the club are okay, I'm okay.

Edited by MrFreeze
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

No showers at Reach, which is why I rocked up in full PPE, gas-mask included. Apparently they’re working on a vaccine and it should be available by ANZAC eve next year, which is great since next year we all go to Punt Road to make the shared banner. 

so sorry, wcw, to see you've only been given a year to live. my condolences. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

To my eye the Grundy incident was deliberate with intent to injure.  But lets agree to disagree on that. 

imv Draper's run and jump on TMc was thuggish.   I didn't say 'sinister'.

It will be interesting to see how often his tactics result in injury. 

Nankervis has a similar portfolio

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

Might sound like a silly question but is Monday's game a ticketed game or can we scan our normal mobile membership through gate?

It's actually not a silly question and I just assumed we'd scan at gate but could be dead wrong. 

Someone was asking about the starting time of the ceremony on Monday night, @Jaded No More iirc.

The order of events…

5512E564-0CFC-4D4E-B0AE-83EA258E7978.thumb.jpeg.3f2b3d61356add7fc85f1ce513dfb303.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

The HS are reporting that Oliver has the flu, did not train today and is not a certainty for Monday’s game 😬

• Thanks 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1