• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

2023 Injury List

Demonland

19 minutes ago, Winners at last said:

I was walking down Punt Road at night recently and tripped on a scooter that was lying on the footpath. (It was dark.)  The upshot was that I 'did' my hammy in that episode .... It took me 3 weeks to fully recover. So Clarry should aspire to that timeframe for full recovery. Perhaps the Club would be interested in this information?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, picket fence said:

I find it astounding that he would be doing any running at all at this stage if it was even a minor strain which is a regulation 2/3 weeks!

As Dr Hackenbusch explains "It still could be cramp, and if so any musculature out of alignment would show up as damage".signed

Dr Hackenbusch 

No way are we that fortunate.

I Hope Please GIF

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Winners at last said:

I was walking down Punt Road at night recently and tripped on a scooter that was lying on the footpath. (It was dark.)  The upshot was that I 'did' my hammy in that episode .... It took me 3 weeks to fully recover. So Clarry should aspire to that timeframe for full recovery. Perhaps the Club would be interested in this information?

Agree players wandering around aimlessly at night around punt rd, littered with scooters is a recipe for absolute carnage!🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Agree players wandering around aimlessly at night around punt rd, littered with scooters is a recipe for absolute carnage!🙃

Not the scooters that have been thrown over the hedge....

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, RedLegs23 said:

That looks like a decent hammy to me 😮‍💨

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsdECm5rujL/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

Probably wont see him until Geelong after the bye. Anything earlier's a bonus.

... But then again, he played on so maybe just cramp?

Idfk

Is this available in any other format? Won’t open for me. 

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

All the above information and speculation is bloody confusing.

I wish the club would just release the scan result and provide us with a realistic prognosis.

They will release what they want released when they want it released. 
Maybe playing games with Freo?

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

13 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Is this available in any other format? Won’t open for me. 

They will release what they want released when they want it released. 
Maybe playing games with Freo?

It's vision of him grabbing his hammy, you can find it on our site, it's the first goal in the Haymes "All the Goals" segment

• Thanks 2

Fair play to BG in his media conference today. Not only did he use the indigenous names for both clubs playing this weekend but also reminded them of the significance of the round when they attempted turn the narrative into us roughing up LJ. Best of all he gave them SFA about any potential injury to Clarry or Fritta. 

That club polo he's modelling is horrible though. 

Edited by Rab D Nesbitt
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Fair play to BG in his media conference today. Not only did he use the indigenous names for both clubs playing this weekend but also reminded them of the significance of the round when they attempted turn the narrative into us roughing up LJ. Best of all he gave them SFA about any potential injury to Clarry or Fritta. 

Where can you watch it?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

That club polo he's modelling is horrible though. 

Interesting to hear Freo are the number 1 scoring team from stoppages.

Grundy did call their coach John Longmire though 😂.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Totally agree.. 

Some suggesting players should/will/ought to step up... fill the void...take the load.

As if

They should be doing this already...if..

The reality is theyre already playing at their ceilings...and THAT'S  the real problem here.  There's no extra gear to go up.

Even.if they can...it will be shortlived.

Just look at our footy... and be realistic people.

We want our team to succeed ...but we fall into the trap of over rating our lot...under-rating the others. 

Why should the same lot that got dacked for 3/4s friday suddenly morph into "better" players.  Weren't they incentivated sufficiently Friday ? 

I think there may have been a bit of slacking off by a number of those running through the middle of late Bubs both from a defensive and see-ball-get-ball aspect.

With of course a few of the usual exceptions.

There's also the set up issue that Watson raised at stoppage which is structural.  I assume this has already been dissected by the review panel/line coaches and the major mis givings raised as a team (between line coaches) with the players in attendance this morning.

Grundy mentioned this aspect (paticular emphasis on D50 stoppage work) in his pressor this morning.  Along with the protection aspect for Maxy that was sadly lacking (for mine) on Sat night.  Time for a few of our heavy weights, including big Max himself, to start throwing their weight around as well as handing out some 'pay backs' when the opportunity arises.

Goody, the line coaches and some of the leaders might need a little pow wow me thinks.  A bit of a rocket and some truth speak is needed along with some home truths IF, as has been suggested by some, certain players aren't quite pulling their weight at stoppages and CBs.  And even anywhere else on the ground for that matter.

I suspect there's alot more left to give from some.  While others are already peaking and pretty much running at close to full tilt.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

5 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

I think there may have been a bit of slacking off by a number of those running through the middle of late Bubs both from a defensive and see-ball-get-ball aspect.

With of course a few of the usual exceptions.

There's also the set up issue that Watson raised at stoppage which is structural.  I assume this has already been dissected by the review panel/line coaches and the major mis givings raised as a team (between line coaches) with the players in attendance this morning.

Goody, the line coaches and some of the leaders might need a little pow wow me thinks.  A bit of a rocket and some truth speak is needed along with some home truths IF, as has been suggested by some, certain players aren't quite pulling their weight at stoppages and CBs.  And even anywhere else on the ground for that matter.

I suspect there's alot more left to give from some.  While others are already peaking and pretty much running at close to full tilt.

Maybe Master Goodwin can look himself in the mirror as well.   Give himself a right rollicking for electing NOT to tag Butters.... just for starters....

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Maybe Master Goodwin can look himself in the mirror as well.   Give himself a right rollicking for electing NOT to tag Butters.... just for starters....

Yes, If it wasn't looked at as an option (a cooler to Rozee or Butters if they got off the leash at some stage during the game) prior to the match then very damning on all concerned Bubs.

It appears the entire brains trust was asleep at the wheel.  This is where a super smart game day analyst needs to have some significant input (if they aren't already) in match day prepping.  If he isn't doing so or doesn't have an important feed in influencer role... why isn't he??

I would have happily sacrificed Kozzy or Chandler for this role if i felt either was capable.  In the sense that you initially asign one of them to "go out and play your natural game in your usual small crumbing pressure forward role BUT...we are also going to prepare you this week to take on Rozee or Butters if they get off the leash at some stage".

If it wasn't Kozzy/Chandler then surely Harmes should've been prepped as the sub to do same.  Kozzy/Chandler off... Harmes on...from half time....or whenever the sirens started flashing!  "Go get him... shut him down son!"

"Don't get beaten by what you already know" i believe is the footy coaching catch cry .

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

And when we needed some run why didn't he throw Kozzie into the middle. He hardly went in there all game.

• Like 1