• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

2022 Finals Tickets

Ollie fan

14 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I’m still waiting for someone to say…

script GIF

Someone did!  A page or two before your post.

16 hours ago, DeeZone said:

Computer say no - lock in tickets in M3 press button end up in P2. Lol, what the hell.!!!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, FearTheBeard said:

No the way they do it sell all of level 4 front which for finals is Q15-Q27 rows A-J.

When that’s all gone they put up level 4 middle 2 bays at a time. So they might sell up to row U.

but level 4 back which is row U-DD probabaly won’t go on sale 

Yeah agree with that.

I'd say level 4 of the AFL members will be rather empty particularly around the half forward flank towards the city end.

Will be plenty of room for walk ups on the night.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DubDee said:

image.gif.4cfcaa4b7fe8d5e9b7ee6cb05f4eab38.gif

Dude you really need to attach a forewarning with this sorta [censored]. I just snorted an entire cup of coffee. 🤮 

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

SEN just reported on the ticket sales from yesterday... apparently 38K tickets were sold for our game. 62k for Geelong v Collingwood. 

Heard that too. 

Thought it was a disappointing result but I've got no idea what sort of insight that gives to what the crowd will be come Friday week. 

Anyone know what we should have been expecting as far as sales go yesterday? 

Was ticketek down at all? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

SEN just reported on the ticket sales from yesterday... apparently 38K tickets were sold for our game. 62k for Geelong v Collingwood. 

There was nothing on what sections were sold or how many MCC guest passes are included in that figure. Based on that, I think we are looking at a crowd of 60-65k.

The MCC sold in excess of 8000 reserved, with the extra seats allocated in Q level. The remaining 13k will rely on walk-ups on the day, that is my understanding. Happy to be corrected  

How can Geel/Coll have only sold 62k when there are no more tickets left to purchase (in either Gen Public or AFL Members at least)? Has to be wrong.

• Like 4

Just reading about the anomaly whereas a member from one club can indicate to tickatek that their membership is with another club and DL members encouraging this practice. Perhaps if we meet Collingwood in a PF we can all nick the Collingwood allocation

Imagine the uproar if rival clubs nicked all of the Richmond and Collingwood tickets!

Methinks that Collingwood members would tear AFL House down .

Although I am sure that Melbourne members would not do such a thing Ticketek should close that loophole before all hell breaks loose.

Edited by Cyclops
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How can Geel/Coll have only sold 62k when there are no more tickets left to purchase (in either Gen Public or AFL Members at least)? Has to be wrong.

As @Travis Bootspointed out, I do not believe those stats include the MCC of AFL members allocation, which is why I detailed the MCC stats below. In essence, based in pre-sales, we have 38k + 21k (MCC) + AFL members = anticipated crowd. 

Sorry if the earlier post was ambiguous. I guess the weather will determine whether we get 70K. If it's a nice night, I expect everyone of the pre-purchased tickets to show up, a heaving MCC and a healthy 68-74k crowd. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, layzie said:

Would love to know who came up with the 10 ticket per membership allocation. I'd fill their mouth with spray paint.

Definitely seemed a strange figure to come up with. I know attendances are down so it made sense to allow members to buy additional seats per membership but 10 is an absurd amount.

As a comparison to other finals in the last few years for games against interstate clubs at the G

• Geelong v West Coast 2019 SF - 52K
  • Collingwood V GWS 2019 PF - 77K
  • Collingwood V GWS 2018 SF - 72K
  • Geelong V Sydney 2017 SF - 55K
  • Richmond V GWS 2017 PF - 94K
  • Geelong V Sydney 2016 PF - 72K
  • WB V Adelaide 2015 EF - 61K
  • Hawthorn V Adelaide 2015 PF - 71K

When you remove the Prelims which will always attract larger crows and especially the Richmond outlier, you would probably find that 70K would be an outstanding achievement.

If it is true that 38K tickets were sold in the public reserve I think that is more than achievable.

Come game day that number will hopefully be 45K+ 23K in the MCC reserve (extended into Q35-Q36 Ponsford)+10K in the AFL (8K empty most likely but may be more full by then) ends up at 78K.

Worst case scenario will be 40K public tickets with a 70K crowd.

The mind boggles at how many people crawl out the woodwork for finals. Expect to be an extremely pro Melbourne crowd, hopefully 60K of us.

Finals crowds are going to be huge this year because we haven't been able to go for 3 years.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I know it sucks but a premium membership is more expensive because it gives you a higher access to home and away games (ie reserved seating area) and a GF guarantee for the higher premium memberships. It does not guarantee access to premium seats for other finals or even guarantee you will get in to weeks 1-3 of finals.

I may be wrong, but I could have sworn that premium members had priority access during the 2018 finals.

It's a real anomaly that you can have an expensive membership with a GFG but no guarantee that you'll even get a ticket to earlier finals, let alone a decent seat.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Grapeviney said:

I may be wrong, but I could have sworn that premium members had priority access during the 2018 finals.

It's a real anomaly that you can have an expensive membership with a GFG but no guarantee that you'll even get a ticket to earlier finals, let alone a decent seat.  

I remember likewise GV. 

This year however, there is a Premium Melbourne Membership ticket selection, which I think gives access to Level 2 seating. As I've moved from Redlegs to MCC + MFC since 2018, I can't see either the Premium selection and my attempts to pick level 2 seating all reverted to Level 1 zones. 

6 minutes ago, In Harmes Way said:

I remember likewise GV. 

This year however, there is a Premium Melbourne Membership ticket selection, which I think gives access to Level 2 seating. As I've moved from Redlegs to MCC + MFC since 2018, I can't see either the Premium selection and my attempts to pick level 2 seating all reverted to Level 1 zones. 

Many of us experienced the same thing yesterday even tho if was not long after ticket sales opened.

I would say level 2 sold out immediately as some premium members used their barcode to buy 10 tickets for non premium members and non members.  It is pointless having a 'premium member' ticketing option if anyone can get those tickets. 

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Lucifers Hero said:

It is pointless having a 'premium member' ticketing option if anyone can get those tickets. 

And that was exactly my point.

I think premium members should get 1st priority to secure the best tickets / seats. 

That doesn't mean that we shouldn't make sure ALL members get priority access to tickets. It just means that the more premium your membership, the more opportunities you should be given to get the best seats. 

Why can't they stagger the ticket release to Cat 1 members, followed by Cat 2 and then the remaining members, and only then open up to general admission?

I would be fine if each barcode could get you say 2 tickets at this stage of finals, as a sell out is unlikely, but 10?! Absolutely unnecessary. 

Nobody who pays hundreds of dollars per year for a premium reserved seat should have to miss out or be lumped on level 4 behind the goals, when we are playing an interstate side in a qualifying final. I got premium seating for the Melbourne Collingwood game in round 20, and I somehow doubt we would get a much bigger crowd than that next Friday. 

Heaven help us if we draw Pies or Tigers in a Prelim and the same ticketing allocation happens. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, FearTheBeard said:

As a comparison to other finals in the last few years for games against interstate clubs at the G

• Geelong v West Coast 2019 SF - 52K
  • Collingwood V GWS 2019 PF - 77K
  • Collingwood V GWS 2018 SF - 72K
  • Geelong V Sydney 2017 SF - 55K
  • Richmond V GWS 2017 PF - 94K
  • Geelong V Sydney 2016 PF - 72K
  • WB V Adelaide 2015 EF - 61K
  • Hawthorn V Adelaide 2015 PF - 71K

That is an incredible crowd for a semi final given GWS were the oppo.

Based on those numbers you'd be looking at mid 60's as a pass mark for next Friday.

The MCC used to have an estimated crowd a couple of days out before a game but I've noticed they don't display that anymore...

I wonder how many more public tix are sold post first day of them going on sale. 

I'm just really hoping we rock up like we did back in 2018. It was madness back then and I reckon it lifted our players enormously for both the Geelong and Hawthorn games. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

I feel all members deserve the right to finals tickets.  They are 3 game or interstate members for a reason ie they can't get to games but at least they are contributing to the club.

The problem with this is twofold. One, buying a membership under a discount offer such as the $13 deal probably costs the club more than they receive. Two, it's amazing how some people are always too busy to attend, until it becomes a big event.

I have no issue with all members having access to tickets, but it shouldn't be at the expense of higher category members or those who attend each week. The priority system worked fine in previous years.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JimmyGadson said:

The MCC used to have an estimated crowd a couple of days out before a game but I've noticed they don't display that anymore...

I wonder how many more public tix are sold post first day of them going on sale. 

I'm just really hoping we rock up like we did back in 2018. It was madness back then and I reckon it lifted our players enormously for both the Geelong and Hawthorn games. 

I reckon it is because they can no longer confidently estimate how many MCC, AFL and Club members and Sponsors will turn up.  Ticketek sales aren't a good barometer for attendances. 

Covid, transport, parking, time slots, ticket issues etc etc have rendered their historical data obsolete, at least for this year.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

I reckon it is because they can no longer confidently estimate how many MCC, AFL and Club members and Sponsors will turn up.  Ticketek sales aren't a good barometer for attendances. 

Covid, transport, parking, time slots, ticket issues etc etc have rendered their historical data obsolete, at least for this year.

I remember I went to a big bash game in 2016 to see what the fuss was about, the mcc website had the estimated attendance at about 40,000 but the crowd figure ended up being  80,000.

Can understand why they’ve stopped doing it, too many variables these days. 

2 minutes ago, roy11 said:

I remember I went to a big bash game in 2016 to see what the fuss was about, the mcc website had the estimated attendance at about 40,000 but the crowd figure ended up being  80,000.

Can understand why they’ve stopped doing it, too many variables these days. 

The good old days, when people could just rock up to the G without much pre-planning.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

no offense to any of you who have these memberships!

It is offensive.

All members should be treated as equals.

You may think money gives you privileges,  (in some cases it does, as many like the closed and locked doors, or opportunities that power and influence creates), but those on high horses looking down on the peasants ("plebs"), wow.

I can't believe that status bigotry still exist in this world where diversity is being championed. It is the same attitude as racism, sexism etcetera. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, layzie said:

Do people still do that? I reckon the last time I saw it was the night Richmond won the 2019 prelim and I walked past my local newsagent at about 12:30am and there was a Tiges nuffy with a deck chair put.

I've seen a line-up outside ticket (tec or masters) offices in previous years. They used to help those who aren't as tech savvy.

• Like 2