• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

CHANGES: Rd 12 vs Sydney

Demonland

Feel for Joel Smith - he'd be a walk up right now. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DeeZone said:

That how May got concussed as well competing with Lever and Petty for the same ball doesn’t look good when your three tall defenders all go for the same mark and one gets knocked out by his teammate.😢😪

May and Petty are on their men and Lever reads it perfectly to come across and intercept. The issue is May doesn’t see Lever and stay back with his opponent.

If he had his time again May would retreat at the last second or two. No issue with Lever doing his job

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

May and Petty are on their men and Lever reads it perfectly to come across and intercept. The issue is May doesn’t see Lever and stay back with his opponent.

If he had his time again May would retreat at the last second or two. No issue with Lever doing his job

Yes May got a little push as well...That bloody push does it's damage again..

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

I'd be flabbergasted if Salem plays. For one, he's been tracking behind in his rehab for the last month. For another, he hasn't played footy at any level for 11 weeks.

I'd prefer to see him get a half game at Casey first before we throw him into a block of really tough and important games.

Tomlinson for May. Then Langdon, Harmes and TMac all straight back in for Melksham, Dunstan and Weideman. Bedford back to the sub role, which is harsh but we can't play all of Pickett, ANB, Spargo and Bedford.

I won't lose much sleep if Brown gets dropped instead of Weideman but I don't think Weid deserves the spot any more than Brown, and Brown in my view is more likely to win us a game if he turns his form around than Weideman.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

Not sure if Langdon will be back, normally takes 3 weeks for ribs to heal . Salem probably given more time .  Harmes likewise.

Weid out . Tommo in . Mitch Brown in.  May out. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

56 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

I'd be flabbergasted if Salem plays. For one, he's been tracking behind in his rehab for the last month. For another, he hasn't played footy at any level for 11 weeks.

I'd prefer to see him get a half game at Casey first before we throw him into a block of really tough and important games.

Tomlinson for May. Then Langdon, Harmes and TMac all straight back in for Melksham, Dunstan and Weideman. Bedford back to the sub role, which is harsh but we can't play all of Pickett, ANB, Spargo and Bedford.

I won't lose much sleep if Brown gets dropped instead of Weideman but I don't think Weid deserves the spot any more than Brown, and Brown in my view is more likely to win us a game if he turns his form around than Weideman.

Agree about Brown we know he can do the job, Weideman has two games to his name were he was useful. You are  correct I think  there is no chance Salem will play, I think it is very doubtful he will play for Casey next weekend.

• Like 2

B: Lever, Tomlinson, Hunt

HB: Brayshaw, Petty, Bowey

C: Langdon, Petracca, Jordon

HF: Neal-Bullen, Jackson, Pickett

F: Fritsch, McDonald, Spargo

FOLL: Gawn, Oliver, Viney

IC: Rivers, Harmes, Sparrow, Bedford

SUB: M.Brown

Casey

B: D.Smith, Turner, Hibberd

HB: Salem, Buntine, Rosman

C: Baker, Dunstan, Woewodin

HF: Melksham, van Rooyen, Chandler

F: Moniz-Wakefield, B.Brown, Ellison

FOLL: Weideman, White, Munro

IC: Daw, Laurie, McVee, Grey, Steele

Why would Salem not play in the ones? Eric Hipwood was straight back in for the Lions after an ACL, and in well under 12 months.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

2 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

B: Lever, Tomlinson, Hunt

HB: Brayshaw, Petty, Bowey

C: Langdon, Petracca, Jordon

HF: Neal-Bullen, Jackson, Pickett

F: Fritsch, McDonald, Spargo

FOLL: Gawn, Oliver, Viney

IC: Rivers, Harmes, Sparrow, Bedford

SUB: M.Brown

Casey

B: D.Smith, Turner, Hibberd

HB: Salem, Buntine, Rosman

C: Baker, Dunstan, Woewodin

HF: Melksham, van Rooyen, Chandler

F: Moniz-Wakefield, B.Brown, Ellison

FOLL: Weideman, White, Munro

IC: Daw, Laurie, McVee, Grey, Steele

Interesting W

As much as i like where Bedford is heading I can't see them giving the nod to Bedford ahead of BB.  Stranger things have happened though and he did perform in the first half.  Can't see Mitch as Sub ahead of BB either.

No BB and should we continue to see an out of form Dogga on the park we'll effectively be very undersized up forward.

Possibly the only other alternative is ANB out for Bedford?   Cant see Goody making that tweak either at this point.

You need at least one or two of your medium to tall forwards to fire.  Fritsch about it on the weekend.  Not even the drifters, Maxy & Dogga, managed to bother the scoreboard.

Whereas Lobb owned us and kept them in it in that second quarter.  Looked BOG given the impact and influence he had throughout the game.  Big part of the reason we were so badly out marked also.

Thank goodness for Plugga Mac's form, may it continue.

We better hope another tall gets into gear this weekend as you can't solely rely on him every week.

Spargo back to playing more 50 arc time should help (in theory).  Him & Kozzie front & square more often along with nibbler / Viney / Harmes on occasions and we might start to see a functioning forward line that provides a decent return on all the entries we usually have.

Mids lowering vision and hitting up some targets would be nice.

Hunt's spot is looking shakey with Hibb & Salem returning and would expect Hibb or Salem to make a return against the old enemy if they  get through the warm ups.  Might even be both (Rivers?).

Reckon we might struggle again this week with a bit of an unsettled line up (eg no Maysie, potentially one or two under the weather) and the continuing dysfunctional forward line but also there's the rebound factor.  Boys will be out for redemption.

Fingers crossed the buddy clause doesn't succeed.

Hoping we can get over the line or better!

Edited by Demon Dynasty

30 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

Why would Salem not play in the ones? Eric Hipwood was straight back in for the Lions after an ACL, and in well under 12 months.

Hipwood should not have come back in the ones. 11 weeks is a long time out. A game in the 2's to get the rust out won't do him any harm.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Interesting W

As much as i like where Bedford is heading I can't see them giving the nod to Bedford ahead of BB.  Stranger things have happened though and he did perform in the first half.  Can't see Mitch as Sub ahead of BB either.

No BB and should we continue to see an out of form Dogga on the park we'll effectively be very undersized up forward.

Possibly the only other alternative is ANB out for Bedford?   Cant see Goody making that tweak either at this point.

You need at least one or two of your medium to tall forwards to fire.  Fritsch about it on the weekend.  Not even the drifters, Maxy & Dogga, managed to bother the scoreboard.

Whereas Lobb owned us and kept them in it in that second quarter.  Looked BOG given the impact and influence he had throughout the game.  Big part of the reason we were so badly out marked also.

Thank goodness for Plugga Mac's form, may it continue.

We better hope another tall gets into gear this weekend as you can't solely rely on him every week.

Spargo back to playing more 50 arc time should help (in theory).  Him & Kozzie front & square more often along with nibbler / Viney / Harmes on occasions and we might start to see a functioning forward line that provides a decent return on all the entries we usually have.

Mids lowering vision and hitting up some targets would be nice.

Hunt's spot is looking shakey with Hibb & Spargo returning and would expect Hibb to make a return against the old enemy if he gets through the warm ups.

Reckon we might struggle again this week with a biti of an unsettled line up (eg no Maysie, potentially one or two under the weather) and the continuing dysfunctional forward line but also there's the rebound factor.  Boys will be out for redemption.

Fingers crossed the buddy clause doesn't succeed.

Hoping we can get over the line or better!

Personally I'd love to see Dogga take over CHF swapping with Maxy in the forward line and in the ruck.

BB's form over the past 2 weeks is too bad to ignore I think he should be dropped and we go smaller with Bedford.

If they think Salem is raring to go then I'd drop Hunt and put Hunt as the sub.

Mitch is in form he can play key or small, back or forward. I think he could be the perfect sub.

• Facepalm 1

Drop Ben Brown and Fritsch and Tmac won't kick goals, team balance is more important than individual stats.

for example: In my son's team, though he's not a high possession midfield, when he's in the midfield the invariably win and our centre invariably gets best on ground: when they go with a high possession midfielder instead our centres game drops off - combinations in footy is important.

Harmes importance in our midfield should also not be underestimated .

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

Personally I'd love to see Dogga take over CHF swapping with Maxy in the forward line and in the ruck.

BB's form over the past 2 weeks is too bad to ignore I think he should be dropped and we go smaller with Bedford.

Mitch is in form he can play key or small, back or forward. I think he could be the perfect sub.

Probs one more credit opportunity for BB.

Mitch is a decent alternative right now and playing some nice footy at Casey for sure.

We need more marking power and/or getting ball to ground up forward by a tall to help out Macca as well as the medium/ small crumbers.

Rotating Maxy & Dogga from CHF through the middle is fine. 

Unfortunately one has been a little off his best and the other....a fair way.  Need at least one to step it up this week.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WERRIDEE said:

You speak of Mitch Brown like he’s Nat Fyfe. 

He’s Mitch Brown. He’s played solely as a forward his entire time with us. Won’t play defence, and sure as [censored] won’t play small. 

• Like 3

If we are picking Mitch Brown then it signals some serious issues. Not saying we dont, but i think our FWD line is much better with a mobile Tom Mc. He moves, he gets up the ground, he leads, he opens up the fwd line so when we do get it BB gets a decent look.

Think we need to hold the line this week as we get more of our regulars back this week which helps balance.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Superunknown said:

There’s a lot of flu, RSV and a super cold getting around . Could have been anything though 

Has it ever been confirmed whether any or all of the players who missed a week due to "Health and Safety Protocols" actually had Covid? If they did, some might still have lingering symptoms. By the way they've been playing, I'd say ANB is fully recovered, but I wonder about Jackson and Brown. Of course, if none of them had Covid, then we need to look elsewhere for their poorer than usual form.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

You speak of Mitch Brown like he’s Nat Fyfe. 

He’s Mitch Brown. He’s played solely as a forward his entire time with us. Won’t play defence, and sure as [censored] won’t play small. 

How could Mitch Brown be worse than Weideman. At the least he has a bit of presence.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, COOLX said:

Not sure if Langdon will be back, normally takes 3 weeks for ribs to heal . Salem probably given more time .  Harmes likewise.

Weid out . Tommo in . Mitch Brown in.  May out. 

You don't know what the problem is and you are making a diagnosis

Impressive

13 minutes ago, old dee said:

How could Mitch Brown be worse than Weideman. At the least he has a bit of presence.

And goal smarts / poise OD.  VERY confident around the sticks.  Sometimes the step up is a little too much though but i recall his game against the Hawks a while back and thought he was serviceable.

He's no world beater but if it came down to having to pick one of the two i'd be giving Mitch a block of matches from here to see what he can do well before finals.  Need to explore all avenues as so far our forward line (in totem...some individual cameos on occasions but pretty random) hasn't been able to get out of 2nd gear.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, old dee said:

I assume there's something about Mitch Brown's game that both Essendon and Melbourne have observed that stops him from getting regular game time. We know he's an excellent kick and that he regularly scores goals when given the chance. I assume, therefore, that there's something else that negates those positives. I don't wish to disparage him unnecessarily, but surely there's an aspect that we can't see?  

11 minutes ago, old dee said:

Mitch can mark the ball

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Has it ever been confirmed whether any or all of the players who missed a week due to "Health and Safety Protocols" actually had Covid? If they did, some might still have lingering symptoms. By the way they've been playing, I'd say ANB is fully recovered, but I wonder about Jackson and Brown. Of course, if none of them had Covid, then we need to look elsewhere for their poorer than usual form.

BB was a 'close contact' and the rules changed just after he came out of covid protocols.  Close contacts no longer need to isolate.

So Lever, Viney, Jackson, Petty, ANB, Pickett and Sparrow all had covid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Mitch can mark the ball

Yep sometimes at VFL level. 

He does bring the ball to ground by competing in the air and in my opinion is less likely to be completely out positioned like Weid seems to consistently.  

Having said that TMac is a far better bet if fit than Mitch Brown at AFL level

Really hard to make a case for BB getting a run based on his recent efforts

I was really disappointed when Joel Smith got injured because he is so important in terms of giving us more options to shuffle players when we have injuries or form issues. As an example he would allow Petty to move forward and let BB find form at Casey

30 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I assume there's something about Mitch Brown's game that both Essendon and Melbourne have observed that stops him from getting regular game time. We know he's an excellent kick and that he regularly scores goals when given the chance. I assume, therefore, that there's something else that negates those positives. I don't wish to disparage him unnecessarily, but surely there's an aspect that we can't see?  

The same people constantly pick Weideman for almost no contribution LDC.