Jaeger O’Meara

Edm

Surely Jaeger O'Meara is worth a look?

Probably the only real need at the moment is outside polish and real class depending on how much his contract is and what Hawthorn will accept. 

Maybe the Hawks will agree to pay part of his salary?

He's a good player, but I don't think we will have the coin for him.

Sounds like we will be giving Jackson a decent deal. Plus we will need money for guys like Rivers, Pickett and Sparrow in a year or two.

There's only so many A grade type players you can have on a list due to the salary cap and in the middle we have two genuine A+ players in Trac and Oliver.

• Like 5

Yeah thats why I’m saying if they are willing to pay part of his contract 

we are in the window of winning multiple flags, doubt any first rounder is going to give great value next season offer 1st round pick and they potentially pay 150-200k of his salary 

jaegar very different to dunstan 

did u see jaegar against us this year

was awesome in that drawn game 

Jaeger O'Meara is another one of those footballing tragedies.  In his first years it looked as if he could be the comps best player.  Super agility,  speed and class.  Injury has brought him back to the pack.  He is just another goodish midfielder now.

Not for us.

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Edm said:

Probably the only real need at the moment is outside polish and real class depending on how much his contract is and what Hawthorn will accept. Maybe the Hawks will agree to pay part of his salary?

12 contested possessions, 15 uncontested. 70% efficiency. 6 clearances. 335m gained.

He has a good balance to his game but I wouldn’t exactly call him outside polish and real class.

The Hawks player to chase if we wanted to really go all in would be Wingard. He can go between forward and the midfield and offers a bigger point of difference to what we currently have.

But without all the details I think sticking to who we have, taking care of our current players and keeping our future options open is probably the way to go.  

• Like 2

O'Meara is a quality player but we don't have room for him.  He has never played in a good side so I don't think people realise how good he is.  Other teams in the comp should be going hard for him such as Freo.

• Like 2

I'm not against the idea of getting Jaeger O'Meara to the Demons. But I wouldn't want to give up more than a third round draft pick or to pay him much. I think he would be on decent coin at the Hawks.

Nevertheless, I doubt Hawthorn would be that desperate to do that and give him away cheap...even if they are having a fire sale on a few of their players.

I may be biased and one-eyed but I can’t think of one player in our premiership team that I would want to replace with a player from another club. To take a ridiculous example: if Dusty was available, who would we replace with him? Not Oliver or Petracca - they are as good as him or better. Sparrow? - Dusty is certainly a better player but Sparrow had a particular role as a blocker/pressure player which is a role Dusty could not play. Same with Viney, or Harmes, or any of them. Each player we have is perfect for the role they are asked to play.

Yes, it is a ridiculous example. I am sure we would fit him in somewhere! But a lesser player like O’Meara -why bother?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Edm said:

Probably the only real need at the moment is outside polish and real class depending on how much his contract is and what Hawthorn will accept. 

Maybe the Hawks will agree to pay part of his salary?

Def worth a look. Then put him back on the shelf and move on. 

• Haha 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.