Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

CHANGES: Rd 09 vs Carlton

Demonland

4 hours ago, MurDoc516 said:

Harmes... really didn't do anything the Sparrow couldn't have done tonight

Yes he did. He got the ball 31 times.  Sparrow’s season average disposals... 7.4.   
Sparrow is rated below average in almost every key stat. Refer AFL player ratings for this year.

I’m not writing him off. He will improve but Harmes is way ahead of him at this stage.

• Like 6

I called for Brayshaw to be dropped last week after he butchered the ball. But he kept his spot and butchered it again. When will demonlanders follow suit and realise that Brayshaw needs to respect ball use and momentum before returning to the team. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

What is a pea heart? I’ve not heard this expression before. 

Is an expression for a small heart, i.e. not brave, a common insult. Not appropriate for anyone in our team at the moment. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

I called for Brayshaw to be dropped last week after he butchered the ball. But he kept his spot and butchered it again. When will demonlanders follow suit and realise that Brayshaw needs to respect ball use and momentum before returning to the team. 

Brayshaw was very poor (from what I saw in the second half) and was off last week as well. But aside from that I think he’s owned the second wing role quite well, Langdon is our playmaker winger whereas Brayshaw is the winger that slots into positions to provide the extra number. I totally agree that his disposal v Swans was disgusting (and costly at times) but he’s a cog in the engine. 

I’m backing him to get back to his early season form. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dr.D said:

Disposal wasn't great but his defensive positioning is excellent...

The Swans couldn't move the ball cleanly from defence & Angus plays a big role in that.

Compare it to how North moved it in the first half of last week when Gus wasn't there & you might get the answer as to why he stays.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Dr.D said:

He won’t be getting dropped anytime soon. I think you need to watch the game a little closer Doc.  His game has a lot to do with the team rather than gaining a truckload of possessions. The amount of running he does to get back and set-up in our defensive 50 is incredible.

Yes, we all would like our players to hit targets 100% of the time but it won’t happen. He’s a big reason why teams are finding it hard to score against us. Half his possessions came from intercepts last night. 

• Like 9

This comment probably fits into this selecton thread.

I'm worried about the forward structure after last night, and admittedly only 1 game,

But it looked very different with Brown in, and may have impacted Fritsch's output. Fritsch has been great all year but last night there seemed to be continual rotations, with Brown off a few times. Obviously not because of fatigue, and I wonder if this selection is a work in progress from the coaches, trying to figure out how the pieces fit. I fear losing Fritsch's aerial strength which is a winner for him.

Time will tell next week, on a hopefully dry day.

Brown's impact was his usual forte - straight kicking and high pack marks and on last night only prefer to perservere with him than Weid.

Tracs corky concerns me. It seems like a ripper.I was surprised he was not iced up immediately rather than being allowed to wander. I noticed Kozzy limping in the rooms after the game too. I dearly hope that the injury Gods are not thinking it’s our time! Indications over the past couple of weeks are not good.

Whilst I would love us to add another small forward to the side its no change for me unless players need to be managed with soreness. Even then I would look to wait until the Crows game to freshen up for Dogs and Lions back to back Friday nights. Harmes, particularly early did Harmes things like trying to break multiple tackles in one play, not taking the first option and missing some easy disposals. However he got better as the game wore on, won a ton of ball and led our pressure acts. Brayshaw had a mare with execution but he gets how to play the defensive wing and his work and Oliver’s defensive run positioning were key reasons we limited their switch and flow all game. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 58er said:

For once I agree with Skuit Smokey

Gus needs to concentrate Seriously on  his footy not amateur  clowning and podcast presentations.

To see Trac and  others Improve snd compare the 2018 Gus with now is chalk and cheese.

Time for a wake  up call Gus this is a serious business we are getting into and no passengers are welcome! 

Funny how you guys aren’t mentioning Gawn. He has been soundly beaten last few weeks, and co hosts the podcast. 

Social media engagement is a key part of revenue strategies these days, and Gus is absolutely hilarious so it makes perfect business sense to have him on a podcast with Gawny.

Aside from that, they do the podcast in their own time for the benefit of the club. It’s not like he’s skipping training to record it. Some people here have a very strange dad complex with the players and think they have right to comment on what they do in their own time. Totally bizarre to me. Do you honestly think he would play better if he didn’t record a 45 minute podcast? Give me a spell, stop looking for problems to discuss while we’re flying. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

This comment probably fits into this selecton thread.

I'm worried about the forward structure after last night, and admittedly only 1 game,

But it looked very different with Brown in, and may have impacted Fritsch's output. Fritsch has been great all year but last night there seemed to be continual rotations, with Brown off a few times. Obviously not because of fatigue, and I wonder if this selection is a work in progress from the coaches, trying to figure out how the pieces fit. I fear losing Fritsch's aerial strength which is a winner for him.

Time will tell next week, on a hopefully dry day.

Brown's impact was his usual forte - straight kicking and high pack marks and on last night only prefer to perservere with him than Weid.

I absolutely think that Fritsch is struggling not going out of the square. Even his 6 goals against a laughable defence in NM was with TMac 100m away.

However, we would be going nowhere with Fritsch as the deep target. So he needs to work out a way to be effective offensively AND defensively. 

He is almost a liability defensively so he might need to be excellent offensively if he continues to guard space and half chase on the defensive side. 

There are a number of ways he can be more impactful but none of them are as the top 2 targets in the forward line.

I say, get up the ground and link up with the wingers BUT you have to take care of that footy and be strong in the tackle.

Fritsch was absolutely woeful all game, he’s been good this year & deserves to stay in but another performance like that & Goodwin should make a statement with him about consistency.

He didn’t chase, none of his tackles stuck, he we went to ground to easy & his disposal (when he actually touched it) was abysmal 
If Melksham played liked that the Demonlanders would be calling for blood 

Brayshaw was terrible also, he needs to put more care into his disposal, 4 of his last quarter disposals nearly cost us the game

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 58er said:

For once I agree with Skuit Smokey

Gus needs to concentrate Seriously on  his footy not amateur  clowning and podcast presentations.

To see Trac and  others Improve snd compare the 2018 Gus with now is chalk and cheese.

Time for a wake  up call Gus this is a serious business we are getting into and no passengers are welcome! 

The time commitment for the podcast is a couple of hours a week at most. It’s entertaining and it’s time donated to the supporters. There are a lot of hours in a week, there’s plenty of time for him to do the cast and not neglect his professional responsibilities. Ridiculous thing to pot him for. 

• Like 11

Kicking practice for Brayshaw, and Jordon. 

Stop diving practice for Kozzie. Flopping for free kicks is a blight on his naturally brilliant game.

Tackling practice for Fritsch.

I reckon Petracca will miss with a corked hip/thigh. Hopefully Viney is fit and can come in for him.

We wear a red and blue prison bar jumper just to make Eddie's head explode!

• Haha 1

I wish all the misery bags on this forum would stop posting meaningless/embarrassing MFC stats over recent decades. Sick of it. Enjoy whats happening now or dont bother posting .Hawthorn and Richmond were garbage for decades on end.  Happens to most clubs.

Edited by siam juntaRus

can anyone who suggsted putting Tom Mcdonald back kindly refrain from ever commenting on team selection and have a good hard look at yourselves. Put your hand up and own it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Maldonboy38 said:

Kicking practice for Brayshaw, and Jordon. 

Stop diving practice for Kozzie. Flopping for free kicks is a blight on his naturally brilliant game.

Tackling practice for Fritsch.

I reckon Petracca will miss with a corked hip/thigh. Hopefully Viney is fit and can come in for him.

We wear a red and blue prison bar jumper just to make Eddie's head explode!

That’s what I like to see Mb a bit of arrogance who knows we could be hated like Hawthorn in five years time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

can anyone who suggsted putting Tom Mcdonald back kindly refrain from ever commenting on team selection and have a good hard look at yourselves. Put your hand up and own it.

Agree dr, there are many who wanted him dropped for the Weid.

6 hours ago, Dr.D said:

2 hours ago, Pates said:

Brayshaw was very poor (from what I saw in the second half) and was off last week as well. But aside from that I think he’s owned the second wing role quite well, Langdon is our playmaker winger whereas Brayshaw is the winger that slots into positions to provide the extra number. I totally agree that his disposal v Swans was disgusting (and costly at times) but he’s a cog in the engine. 

I’m backing him to get back to his early season form. 

Who else would replace Brayshaw on the wing though?

12 hours ago, Return to Glory said:

Probably no change but I’d be interested to hear what others thought of Brayshaw’s game. For the record, I thought he was plumb ordinary 

He is always nothing more than ordinary, skills are way below AFL standard.