NON MFC: Rd 08 2021

Happy to see a number of clubs go backwards this year . Tigers - we beat them in the practise game and against Swans showed they have been to the well too many times . Might just make the 8 as the middle of the ladder looks very even and weak . Brisbane , West Coast and not sure about Cats and PA yet .

Cameron has me worried .

The big improvers with a chance are the Dees and Dogs . Swans too young .

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Craig Hutchinson said:

Happy to see a number of clubs go backwards this year . Tigers - we beat them in the practise game and against Swans showed they have been to the well too many times . Might just make the 8 as the middle of the ladder looks very even and weak . Brisbane , West Coast and not sure about Cats and PA yet .

Cameron has me worried .

The big improvers with a chance are the Dees and Dogs . Swans too young .

Tomlinson is a big loss

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

Come on giants. Don't stop. 

This could turn out to be another dream weekend: we win and Essendon and Collingwood lose. 

Went to the G to watch the Hawks game . Been too long away and a lot seemed to have changed .

The ad boards move sideways during the game which was a terrible distraction . We won't get rid of them but stop moving them while play is happening .

Then the GOAL , GOAL , GOAL after each 6 pointer  screaming from the speakers smashing atmosphere ( for me anyway as I like crowd noise ) . This really [censored] me off .

Entertainment before and after the game with the game left alone in the middle . I am a traditionalist . Leave the Test alone !

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Threads like this are popping up on Demonland, on other supporter forums, and even on Bigfooty.

Alas, [censored] marketing managers who have only ever dealt with 'products' and transcations instead of community institutions and relationships are very sure they know better and none of the deeper stuff fits on a spreadsheet anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm happy we're moving up the ladder and not just for the obvious reason...

If you watch the North Collingwood game...is that 17th v 18th?

They must get the worst of the umpires.

The standard of umpiring is appalling.

To think that's what we had to put up with week in, week out.

It's still bad, but touch wood, not that bad.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Craig Hutchinson said:

Went to the G to watch the Hawks game . Been too long away and a lot seemed to have changed .

The ad boards move sideways during the game which was a terrible distraction . We won't get rid of them but stop moving them while play is happening .

Then the GOAL , GOAL , GOAL after each 6 pointer  screaming from the speakers smashing atmosphere ( for me anyway as I like crowd noise ) . This really [censored] me off .

Entertainment before and after the game with the game left alone in the middle . I am a traditionalist . Leave the Test alone !

Well said, I’m so with you on that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The advertising boards at the footy are atrocious.

Who the F allows them to be that prominent and that bad. MCC selling our soul i guess? These boards are such a huge distraction during games especially twilight. They seemed to just come along and nobody even said boo about it. Good to see it at least being mentioned here. Im not sure if where you sit makes any difference?

The above poster @Craig Hutchinsonis correct in saying at least stop them moving during play.

Petition anyone?

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 5

All three games today have been horrible with horrible umpiring. Skill levels way down. Suns threw it away, Giants should have sewn it up, lucky to hang on. Pies, ha ha! It will go down as the master coach Buckley outwitted the wiley, devilishly tricky Kangaroos. In fact the Kangas just can't kick or mark. Or handball. But it keeps Buckley in the job another week ... keep it up Pies!

1 hour ago, rjay said:

I'm happy we're moving up the ladder and not just for the obvious reason...

If you watch the North Collingwood game...is that 17th v 18th?

They must get the worst of the umpires.

The standard of umpiring is appalling.

To think that's what we had to put up with week in, week out.

It's still bad, but touch wood, not that bad.

Agree 100% rjay - some of the worst umpiring I’ve seen 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bingers said:

Norf are excruciating. So bad.

Where is the Norf that played a great (first) half against the Dees last week?

They stayed in Hobart.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Noticed in the Gold Coast game that most if not all of the stadium was open and the crowd was naturally dispersed around the whole of the ground. 

Something the MCC could learn from

Money, money money. Sounds like a good line for a song!

• Haha 1