Jump to content

  • Podcast:      

  • Podcast:      

My Round 8 Preview and Prediction


CHF
 Share


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, In Harmes Way said:

The MFCSS is strong this week. I'm hoping for a game like 2010 where we played out of our skins, but fear we'll have a game like 2018 where we were shooting for finals and tripped over. 

Jesse Hogan’s last game in the red and blue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Huge test for the Club this week. The Honeymoon is over

TMac to go back and play the Tommo Role

Harmes in as a Midfield Tagger

Weid comes in up forward 

This is his chance. We need him to perform 

kick 5-6 Sam. You can do it

Link to comment
Share on other sites


12 minutes ago, DubDee said:

The horrible performance against North has shaken my confidence in the team.  North are a poor team (see 127pt loss to dogs) and were 20pts up in the 3rd Q, on a clear day just because they out-worked us. We did well to recover but I saw danger signs.

What is up with Gawn? I have never seen him drop a chest mark and fumble inside defensive 50.  maybe it was the head knocks

Hopefully it was the shock we needed to keep our winning season on track. I suspect we will need to grind this one out.

Swans are a different team with Buddy in - 11 goals in 3 games

Demons by 4 points

You underestimate Viney as a late out and Tommo doing his knee at the 4 minute mark. 
The entire structure of the team was up in the air. 
I knew we would be ok after Halftime 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, DubDee said:

The horrible performance against North has shaken my confidence in the team.  North are a poor team (see 127pt loss to dogs) and were 20pts up in the 3rd Q, on a clear day just because they out-worked us. We did well to recover but I saw danger signs.

What is up with Gawn? I have never seen him drop a chest mark and fumble inside defensive 50.  maybe it was the head knocks

Hopefully it was the shock we needed to keep our winning season on track. I suspect we will need to grind this one out.

Swans are a different team with Buddy in - 11 goals in 3 games

Demons by 4 points

Its a big step down from an Anzac night game with big fanfare to playing in Tassie.

Harder to motivate from premiers to spooners as well. 

Norf fired up for a scalp like us last week.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Scanning the Swans BigFooty thread for the game, and I must say that Sydney supporters offer some of the more reasonable and balanced football commentary from opposition supporters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I worry about this game. Apart from the Richmond game, there has not been a bigger challenge in 2021 for us.

We were awful on Sunday, and I am putting it down to a big come down from a big win against Richmond. However, our forwardline is going to take a few more weeks to re-settle with BBB and if Fritsch is out, we are losing our most reliable and productive goal kicking avenue. 

No Viney leaves us vulnerable in the middle, because he brings a defensive role that is hard to replicate and would be absolutely vital against the Swans midfield. And while I think Petty is going to prove a good replacement for Tomlinson, these things take time to work themselves out. The defensive cohesion will be down this week, and with Buddy and Papley that could prove costly.

We need everyone playing out of their skins. We need a big game from Gawn, who I believe will drop back to help the defence set up behind the play, and we need a big game from BB, especially if Fritta is out. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I worry about this game. Apart from the Richmond game, there has not been a bigger challenge in 2021 for us.

We were awful on Sunday, and I am putting it down to a big come down from a big win against Richmond. However, our forwardline is going to take a few more weeks to re-settle with BBB and if Fritsch is out, we are losing our most reliable and productive goal kicking avenue. 

No Viney leaves us vulnerable in the middle, because he brings a defensive role that is hard to replicate and would be absolutely vital against the Swans midfield. And while I think Petty is going to prove a good replacement for Tomlinson, these things take time to work themselves out. The defensive cohesion will be down this week, and with Buddy and Papley that could prove costly.

We need everyone playing out of their skins. We need a big game from Gawn, who I believe will drop back to help the defence set up behind the play, and we need a big game from BB, especially if Fritta is out. 

 

Hopefully Melksham will finally show what he can do. If ever this bloke wants to strut his stuff, this woukd be a good game to do it.

I get the feeling Kozzie might be the one who kicks six.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They have a habit of beating us at the MCG, mind you we were a petty s- -t team for a long time and most team beat us. We have to lose a game sooner or later and it's how we respond to that loss will be very important. Just hope I don't have to find out for a few more weeks yet. Following a successful team can be strangely stressful. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, leave it to deever said:

Its a big step down from an Anzac night game with big fanfare to playing in Tassie.

Harder to motivate from premiers to spooners as well. 

Norf fired up for a scalp like us last week.

 

Collingwood more likely for the spoon imho.

The week leading up to the game was a covid mess as was the Tommo tragedy. Club should refuse to go down to that substandard groundfor a while. Let Coll Ess Carlton do their share of BS.

Edited by siam juntaRus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, siam juntaRus said:

Collingwood more likely for the spoon imho.

The week leading up to the game was a covid mess as was the Tommo tragedy. Club should refuse to go down to that substandard groundfor a while. Let Coll Ess Carlton do their share of BS.

I doubt the pies will go there.

They never even play at fortress geelong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

You underestimate Viney as a late out and Tommo doing his knee at the 4 minute mark. 
The entire structure of the team was up in the air. 
I knew we would be ok after Halftime 

Totally agree SWYL, we were all messed up structurally, the effort and execution with ball in hand was okay. It was clearly very disruptive to lose Viney right before the game and then Tommo straight away. It just reinforces how big an impact our system and understanding your role is having. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Wells 11 said:

Hate to be depressing but I think reality is about to drive through our top of the ladder party. This is the 3rd time they’ve sat at the top since 2004 , the first 2 were fr just a single week and i’m afraid it may be the same in 21. 

we’re missing Fritsch, arguable our most important fwd, viney a midfield bull and gun and tommo. Tommo on his own isnt a gun like the other two but his abcense throws out of the dynamic of the strongest part of our game. 

So we will be unsettled both back,  fwd and perhaps in the middle . This while we take on the side placed 4th , with 2 of their real guns returning, coming off a major win. 

I hope i’m wrong but i see a 5 goal loss coming. The coaching panel with the additions of Yze and Choco has rightly gotten many accolades this far. But they’re about to face their strongest tactical challenge in 2021. we’ll soon see how much or how little has changed in our culture when the winds are blowing hard against us. 

Mr. Wells, What you say about the past is 100% accurate and factual. However, it is history. While there are many versions of history depending on who is telling it, the facts are the facts. 

Predictions are not set in stone and we all see the future differently. You said that we are missing Fritsch which was a prediction. He is now eligible to play against Sydney if he is fit and well.

Jump up here beside me on the Bathwater Express, experience the comfort of the roo skin upholstered seats, relax and enjoy the ride while you can. I am sure that we will run into some bad traffic at some stage in the season but this time next week I think we will have some added comfort of Swan feather stuffed cushions.

Smile Mr Wells there is nothing to worry about for the next few days.

Edited by CHF
fixing typos
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, CHF said:

Mr. Wells, What you say about the past is 100% accurate and factual. However, it is history. While there are many versions of history depending on who is telling it, the facts are the facts. 

Predictions are not set in stone and we ll see the future differently. You said that we are missing Fritsch which was a prediction. He is now eligible to play against Sydney if he is fit and well.

Jump up here beside me on the Bathwater Express, experience the comfort of the roo skin upholstered seats, relax and enjoy the ride while you can. I am sure that we will run into some bad traffic at some stage in the season but this time next week I think we will have some added comfort of Swan feather stuffed cushions.

Smile Mr Wells there is nothing to worry about for the nest few days.

haha..Love it. Fritta free to play, CP5 signing in long term. maybe I will join you on that bathwater express. At least until Sat evening...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wells 11 said:

haha..Love it. Fritta free to play, CP5 signing in long term. maybe I will join you on that bathwater express. At least until Sat evening...

More than welcome. Just make sure you keep you seat right through until the end of the match. No jumping off half way through.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

C'mon Dees, take that "anger" out on the Swan. Pluck the feathers and give them a roasting.

Effort is needed, run, get the ball before them and use it. If they have it, bring the heat, don't allow them time or space.

Simple, basic, we will have the pill, more often and longer then them.

Media have high hopes for the Swans and those expectations will exhaust them, they have won before a ball is bounced. 

No saviours, Buddy is in decline, as is Parker, Hickey and Kennedy. Blakey, Heeney and Reid are good players though inconsistent. It will be left up to the younger players who are guzzling the bathwater, the bubbles and the empsom salts, and can't carry the weight of the game.

Big win for the Dees. 

 

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, praha said:

Scanning the Swans BigFooty thread for the game, and I must say that Sydney supporters offer some of the more reasonable and balanced football commentary from opposition supporters.

18 hours ago, BigFez said:

You reckon Richmond supporters are over confident you should visit the Swans board.

Classic. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, titan_uranus said:

Classic. 

I saw Praha's comment just after I posted mine and did have a chuckle.  They barely discuss the opposition and give good analysis of their own side but there is not one single mention of the possibility of losing this one, the only posters who mention the outcome have them winning.  I'd love to have their confidence.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, BigFez said:

I saw Praha's comment just after I posted mine and did have a chuckle.  They barely discuss the opposition and give good analysis of their own side but there is not one single mention of the possibility of losing this one, the only posters who mention the outcome have them winning.  I'd love to have their confidence.

Yeah fair point but that's what I mean. They just talk about their team and where they can win and who they should bring in/drop. I found it refreshing tbh. 

Richmond supporters were ridiculing and saying flat out they were going to win. At least Sydney supporters have some fair analysis behind their comments...from what I saw yesterday. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, praha said:

Yeah fair point but that's what I mean. They just talk about their team and where they can win and who they should bring in/drop. I found it refreshing tbh. 

Richmond supporters were ridiculing and saying flat out they were going to win. At least Sydney supporters have some fair analysis behind their comments...from what I saw yesterday. 

Agree, it was just a surprise to me that they are coming up against a side 7-0 and were very confident of a win.  I guess being a Demon supporter and spending a bit of time on this forum, that sort of confidence was very alien to me. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, BigFez said:

Agree, it was just a surprise to me that they are coming up against a side 7-0 and were very confident of a win.  I guess being a Demon supporter and spending a bit of time on this forum, that sort of confidence was very alien to me. 

Don't forget, we haven't beaten anyone yet. (lol)

I have a few multis on and most of them have the Swans winning or withing 4 goals...they're 4th on the ladder for a reason.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, CHF said:

Jump up here beside me on the Bathwater Express, experience the comfort of the roo skin upholstered seats, relax and enjoy the ride while you can...

I think we will have some added comfort of Swan feather stuffed cushions.

Smile Mr Wells there is nothing to worry about for the next few days.

CHF:

Can we upgrade to swan feather down filled cushions on the ? water express?  So much classier and more comfortable.(Best kept in-house though, as ostentatious displays of luxury don’t go down too well with the broader football public)

Final question;

 Is your companion none other than Mr HG Wells?

Edited by Tarax Club
War of the Words
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, CHF said:

Mr. Wells, What you say about the past is 100% accurate and factual. However, it is history. While there are many versions of history depending on who is telling it, the facts are the facts. 

Predictions are not set in stone and we all see the future differently. You said that we are missing Fritsch which was a prediction. He is now eligible to play against Sydney if he is fit and well.

Jump up here beside me on the Bathwater Express, experience the comfort of the roo skin upholstered seats, relax and enjoy the ride while you can. I am sure that we will run into some bad traffic at some stage in the season but this time next week I think we will have some added comfort of Swan feather stuffed cushions.

Smile Mr Wells there is nothing to worry about for the next few days.

Brilliant! 

I feel warm and bubbly ?. I'll re-read this before I go to bed for the rest of the season. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Tarax Club said:

CHF:

Can we upgrade to swan feather down filled cushions on the ? water express?  So much classier and more comfortable.(Best kept in-house though, as ostentatious displays of luxury don’t go down too well with the broader football public)

Final question;

 Is your companion none other than Mr HG Wells?

TC, The swan down cushions will be reserved for the front seats that are upholstered in tiger pelts.

As for Mr. Wells, I do not think it is HG. I believe I saw Mr.Wells brother in a movie many years ago', First name 'Oceans'.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    CAT SKINNING by George On The Outer

    When they defeated the Geelong Cats in the 2021 AFL Preliminary Final on Friday night in Perth, Melbourne proved that there is more than one way to skin those cats.  They did it in the ruck and in the middle, they did it in the forward line, they did it in defence and around the ground, but importantly, each and every player a Demon guernsey spent his night at Optus Stadium skinning an opponent. Following the after-the-siren win against Geelong in Round 23, there was an expectation of

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE POINTY END by The Oracle

    The AFL’s two oldest clubs, Melbourne and Geelong, face off on Friday evening in a sudden death Preliminary Final. It’s a game that promises plenty in terms of fascination and intrigue as a result of the rivalry that’s been building between the teams over recent encounters that have been tight struggles which have gone to the wire with two of them decided by after-the-siren goals. The added touch of mystery attached to this week’s meeting comes by virtue of the fact that it’s going to take

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    THE VFL YEAR THAT NEVER WAS by KC from Casey

    The rising case numbers and the continuing lockdowns in Victoria and NSW spelled doom for the 2021 VFL season which went through a slow, painful demise before its recent official cancellation. After weeks of indecision, the AFL decided to pull the plug on the season with the 10-0 Bulldogs recognised as minor premier, but without a premiership cup and without awarding the J.J. Liston Medal for the best and fairest VFL player. It was somewhat fortuitous for the integrity of the competition t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    TAMING THE LIONS by George On The Outer

    With nine finals debutants in the side, the Melbourne Football Club had a daunting assignment ahead of it in the First Qualifying Final — to overcome the competition’s highest scoring side, the Brisbane Lions. In the end, the Demons accomplished the task by putting the bite on their opponents on their way to taming the Lions and recording a 33 point win that propelled them into one the two Preliminary Finals of 2021.   It was one of those debutants, Luke Jackson, who put the bite in more

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    RETURN TO NEVERLAND by Whispering Jack

    The greatest Demon A HIGHWAY OF DEMONS by Whispering Jack CHAPTER SIXTEEN - RETURN TO NEVERLAND  I have a six year old grandson who recently took up the family tradition of following the Demons. He had his first taste of the game a few years ago when he went to the “G” with his parents to watch the 107-point massacre of Carlton and he went to another game in the following season which was also a W for the Dees. But his appetite for the club has grown exponentially this year and wh

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 13

    METAMORPHOSIS by Whispering Jack

    I’ve always believed that when the home and away matches come to an end, the football season takes on a completely different shape and character. During the regular season, each team’s goals progress as the weeks pass and if you’re good enough to survive and make the grade, the situation changes. The comparison can be made with the life cycle of a butterfly going through stages from egg to larva to caterpillar, cocoon and in the end to a bright and colourful creature that emerges from darkness i

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    STEALING THE CATS’ CREAM by George On The Outer

    They were leading by 44 points well into the third quarter of a game to decide the minor premier, having kicked nine unanswered goals. The Cats were about to lap up their bowl of cream, dreaming of next week but the Demons led by Max Gawn had other ideas. In a stunning finish, they stole the game from under them to claim the plaudits as best team and top of ladder position. In a remarkable game, it all came down to Max having to kick the winning goal after the final siren, something which s

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SKIN THE CATS by Whispering Jack

    The task ahead for the Demons as they wend their way down the Princes Freeway to Geelong on Saturday night will be to skin the Cats. For them to come away with the points from this game would mark an historic occasion for the club as it will finish on top of the ladder for the first time since its last premiership year, 1964. And it was in that year, that a trip to Corio Bay to meet the reigning premiers in Round 12, was one of the catalysts for Melbourne’s surge to the flag. It was a top o

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    REACH FOR THE STARS by George on the Outer

    It was a game of great significance for the Melbourne Football Club. A win would see them keep top spot on the ladder with one round remaining. To achieve top place in the Round for Reach when we are all inspired to “Be Like Jim” and reach for the stars was a great way of honouring one of our heroes. All the better given that it was done by way of an emphatic 41 point win against Adelaide! It is worth remembering that, but for the umpiring mistake in the previous encounter with the Crows, t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    TICKETS PLEASE by The Oracle

    A lot of water has passed under Princes Bridge in the five years since Melbourne last met Adelaide on the MCG. The Crows were riding high at the time while the Demons were mid-table and scrambling for a win to stay in the race for the finals. The 30,000 fans who had tickets to the game were thoroughly entertained by a close, high scoring affair that ended in tears for fans of the home team. Not even an eight-goal second term could help them.   Times have changed.    In the fi

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    ELECTRIFYING by George On The Outer

    What more can they throw at the Demons of 2021? Covid restrictions, hubs, aircraft circling between airports before landing for games and now a match stopped for 30 minutes to give a flagging opponent its second wind? To date, none of those distractions has swayed the team from their winning objectives. The game against West Coast in Perth can be marked on their report card as another positive outcome after yet another test. There was much at stake for both sides.  Melbourne had t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    LONG AGO AND FAR AWAY by Whispering Jack

    When the combatants that are due to face off on Monday night at Optus Stadium last met, it was 11 days after the World Health Organization had declared the Covid19 outbreak a global pandemic. In Australia, the first cases had just come to light, including visiting US actors Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson, the toilet paper panic was in full flight and the world was starting to reel in anticipation of impending disaster. Half an hour before this last game of the opening round was due to comme

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...