TEAMS: Rd 01 vs Fremantle

Demonland

49 minutes ago, In Harmes Way said:

Hope Clarry plays a blinder on his 100th

Best of luck for a great game and find career to Jimmy Jordon - definitely due some good luck

And for all the naysayers that say that Jetta is too slow - show them how it’s done you bloody legend

keen for oliver jnr in 20 years time

5 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

When Spargo is in you have to worry about losing he's a burden to the team.

swear he was in every one of your 368 best 22 sides since september

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

Teams never line up as stated 

True but it means we will be rotating Harmes, Jones Brayshaw through there again and none of them are a good option

Wing has been an unresolved issue for quite a while now.

37 minutes ago, dl4e said:

Correct. More than a big question mark over Jetta as well. We have about 6 players in the side that really are not up to afl standard. Our forward line is a joke. I would pefer to see Hore, Zanker and scott acroos hf than those three. Lets hope McDonald can prove me wrong. Jackson is not ready for FF in any way even on a part time basis. He should do a lot of rucking, especially in second half as that sems to be his strength. Fritch is going to have to play well.

Jones , Jetta, Tomlinson, Spargo, ANB and TMAC. Give me a break.

Said the same thing six, NQR.

1 hour ago, Engorged Onion said:

Yep - it's a rare day I agree with your constant vitriol of the club selections and players @olisik (back handed, I know) - however, the evidence from the last few years is that Harmes struggles in this position... however, I defer to the selection committee... the decision cannot be around 'it'll click sometime for him'... so what else is there to do?

Put Jones back on the wing 

he is ideal

14 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Don't get the hate for Spargo. I think with no Melksham available he and (a much improved user in) ANB are our best available options for delivering the ball effectively inside 50.

Would have had Chandler in ahead of Jordon though on balance for mine.

Thanks, Nev. 

17 minutes ago, Turner said:

keen for oliver jnr in 20 years time

swear he was in every one of your 368 best 22 sides since september

I'd rather play Chandler.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I would have had Chandler in. Very stiff to miss out.

I look at that side on paper and don't see any different to last year.. hope I'm wrong, but I'm worried this has 2019 round 1 all over again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I look at that side on paper and don't see any different to last year.. hope I'm wrong, but I'm worried this has 2019 round 1 all over again.

The big difference Daz is they’ve dropped Viney. He was just about walking by the end of the R1 2019 game off no preseason.

6 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Not unexpected we brought in BBB but he is injured 

we recruited 3 young kids and they are being given time as they should be 

I think this game is 50/50 at best - our side looks slow to me - hope I’m wrong 

• Like 1

Given the injuries and the lack of match fitness of some players I think this is pretty much the best we can run out tomorrow. 

There are a few selections that could have gone one way or the other. In defence, I would look at Jetta and Hunt selections. Jetta seems to have lost a pace or two and will need to really step up. If he does not perform this game he might find himself at Casey. Hunt may be used on a wing at times during the game and they may use him as a deeper defensive wing and look to move forward through Langdon's wing. It will be interesting to see how that unfolds during the game.

Harmes role in midfield is another that will be interesting to watch. I can see him being used in a tagging role on Fyfe when Fyfe is in the middle but not when he is moved forward. And for Pickett, Spargo and Jones all to have minor roles in the midfield at times. Depending on the state of the game I would change things up a bit and put Rivers in at a couple of center bounces to see what that brings. 

The forward line we did not have a lot of choice about. Chandler? Spargo? for me it is a toss up. I like the way that they are both developing. Spargo gets first crack at it but he will know the pressure is on. Jones? Well he ha the experience and he played a reasonable game or two in pre-season. As with Jetta, I get the feeling that one bad game and he will be at Casey while others get a chance. I don't think that Goodwin or the rest of the coaching panel can afford to nurse him to 300 if he is not performing.

With the early key injuries we have the only blessing is the fixtures we have for the first 7 rounds. 4 games at the G, 1 at Marvel, 1 in the ACT and one in Tassie. We play the Saints when they return from Sydney, GWS when they return from WA, Hawthorn when they return from WA and NM in Tassie the week after they return from WA.

Dees by 3 or 4 goals 

• Like 3