We have no one else

• Like 2
  • Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went for a run past Goschs paddock this morning.  Noticed Brown and Weiderman doing some run throughs.  When I came back from the Tan I saw that there were a few other players there too - Smith and so

Excited about the start of the season. Optimistically, I see us around top 6, hopefully make the 4. We matched the Tigers out at Casey.  We couldn't get the ball against the Dogs (Gawn won't

Just secured a ticket on level 2 of the MCC reserve  Can’t bloody wait

Posted Images

12 hours ago, DubDee said:

Does anyone know if you can stand on the lower level at the G, or must you be in a seat? I haven’t sat for a game in a looong Time maybe 15 years

You can't stand to watch the game. If you do you'll have Covid before 3/4 time. It's a wicked virus. It will get you !!

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

It's science.

It's not just science, it's creationism.

8 hours ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

Melbourne would still find a way to lose that.

100% couldn't agree more.

1 minute ago, pineapple dee said:

You can't stand to watch the game. If you do you'll have Covid before 3/4 time. It's a wicked virus. It will get you !!

Um is this a serious post!?

8 minutes ago, AzzKikA said:

Um is this a serious post!?

I'm channeling Daniel Andrews. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3
1 hour ago, DemonLad5 said:

with Melk and Pig ruled out..

B: Jetta - May - Lever 

HB: Hunt - Tomlinson - Salem

C Langdon - Oliver - Baker

HF: Neal-Bullen- Jackson - Jones 

FF: Fritsch - T-Mac - Pickett

FOLL: Gawn - Petracca - Harmes 

INT: Jordon - Rivers - Brayshaw - Chandler 

SUB: Vandenberg

Pretty close I think, just substitute Spargo for Chandler

5 minutes ago, pineapple dee said:

I'm channeling Daniel Andrews. 

Righto

• Haha 1

Without criticising any one who puts up a team. (In fact I admire the effort and knowledge that they all display) I would like to see a team selection matching and beating the opposition player.

ie not just Weed at Ch

5 hours ago, deelusions from afar said:

Great analysis.  I agree re Bowey and Petty - would love to have them in but they will probably make them earn it in the VFL first and come in if the ones in the team fail to fire.

I agree with your reasoning but at the same time it seems a big stretch to leave Brayshaw out (esp when Viney will probably be looking to come in in round 2).  The question for mine will be whether we'd play all four of Kozzie, Chandler, ANB and Spargo.  It would definitely be a different look.  I don't mind it but i suspect it may mean that Kozzie / Spargo might get more time up the ground eg on the wing.  That means that Vanders spot will be under threat.

Will be really interesting to see what they go with.

Easy Move ANB to wing where his running is suited and Kossie takes a HFF.

Vanders is too slow for a wing now and Gus comes in on the bench.

I don't think there is any way our side will be selected with Vanders whose form In the AFL and fitness are doubtful IN and GUS OUT.
Hunt gives us a versatility forward or back to run off and deliver deepish into the forward line or even score! maybe.

Excited about the start of the season.

Optimistically, I see us around top 6, hopefully make the 4.

We matched the Tigers out at Casey.  We couldn't get the ball against the Dogs (Gawn won't let that happen again). Their form was difficult for me to judge from that game and the dogs wanted it.

The media has us placed in the lower part of the ladder, so we should have something to prove. They know they are underachievers and their egos are bruised. 

There are new coaches to help Goody. Hopefully, ensuring plans B, C, D etcetera, giving support to our lesser players, plus putting some extra shine on our stars. 

We have new inside facilities with a kicking range to help us with target practice, our disposal should be better.

The windy conditions out at Casey will cause us to concentrate on passing the ball with conviction and precision. 

Sounds like the team is gelling, from the MFC media output.

Our forward line has been redesigned, hopefully giving us more potency and defensive ability.

Burgess has alot more of his own data on the players. If he is any good he should be able to maximise their running potential. 

Our back-line is tuff to score against, and we can sling the ball back into attack from the half-back,.

We are looking stronger, faster and hopefully smarter than previous seasons.

We should worry most teams, as we are more than just competitive now.

The opposition can't take the foot of the pedal, we will hurt them on turnovers,  we can dominate for longer periods of play and are a high intensity team.

All those "learning" possibilities are going to pay off this season.

Jealous of you lot going to the G.

I'm stuck overseas, waiting for flights to be available at a reasonable price with reliability, for quarantine regulations to be annulled, and for this whole Covid stuff-up to be finished with.

Enjoy the live game and atmosphere. 

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, kev martin said:

Excited about the start of the season.

Optimistically, I see us around top 6, hopefully make the 4.

We matched the Tigers out at Casey.  We couldn't get the ball against the Dogs (Gawn won't let that happen again). Their form was difficult for me to judge from that game and the dogs wanted it.

The media has us placed in the lower part of the ladder, so we should have something to prove. They know they are underachievers and their egos are bruised. 

There are new coaches to help Goody. Hopefully, ensuring plans B, C, D etcetera, giving support to our lesser players, plus putting some extra shine on our stars. 

We have new inside facilities with a kicking range to help us with target practice, our disposal should be better.

The windy conditions out at Casey will cause us to concentrate on passing the ball with conviction and precision. 

Sounds like the team is gelling, from the MFC media output.

Our forward line has been redesigned, hopefully giving us more potency and defensive ability.

Burgess has alot more of his own data on the players. If he is any good he should be able to maximise their running potential. 

Our back-line is tuff to score against, and we can sling the ball back into attack from the half-back,.

We are looking stronger, faster and hopefully smarter than previous seasons.

We should worry most teams, as we are more than just competitive now.

The opposition can't take the foot of the pedal, we will hurt them on turnovers,  we can dominate for longer periods of play and are a high intensity team.

All those "learning" possibilities are going to pay off this season.

Jealous of you lot going to the G.

I'm stuck overseas, waiting for flights to be available at a reasonable price with reliability, for quarantine regulations to be annulled, and for this whole Covid stuff-up to be finished with.

Enjoy the live game and atmosphere. 

Sorry you can't be back to go to the G for the game Kev I hope you and your family are safe ( in all aspects) and can get back ASAP.  Hope you can get it on TV or a radio broadcast.

I am flying down from Brisbane Sat and going home Sunday to see my immediate family ( sister binlaw and niece ) and to go to the game. 

Keep  healthy and try and get back on one of the Govt flights If and when they become available. Don't quite know the rules re quarantining other than 2 weeks (14 days)  is the go. The payment details  I am not sure about of course.

Go the Dees, Kev.

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, DemonLad5 said:

Justin Longmuir said in an interview that Freo will likely go with 1 KPF (Tabenar) with Lobb injured, Sean Darcy unfit and Treacy suspended

Tomlinson any chance to possibly miss out or moved to the wing? 

Yep, Tomlinson to the wing.

• Facepalm 1
1 hour ago, 58er said:

Hope you can get it on TV or a radio broadcast.

Paid for a AFL overseas subscription for around $200 for the season (watch AFL).

I can binge on all the games including the AFLW, since I cannot work here and have plenty of free time.

It has a couple of shows from Fox but no other sports.

Family is in good health.

Cannot be bothered with Government support. 

Happy to wait till normalisation., shouldn't be too long now.

Hopefully back watching pre-season training next year.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, kev martin said:

Paid for a AFL overseas subscription for around $200 for the season (watch AFL).

I can binge on all the games including the AFLW, since I cannot work here and have plenty of free time.

It has a couple of shows from Fox but no other sports.

Family is in good health.

Cannot be bothered with Government support. 

Happy to wait till normalisation., shouldn't be too long now.

Hopefully back watching pre-season training next year.

Stay safe Kev 

So if Jetta is selected, who is slow enough in the Freo side for him to play on? ( love him but his time may have passed).

• Angry 1
43 minutes ago, loges said:

So if Jetta is selected, who is slow enough in the Freo side for him to play on? ( love him but his time may have passed).

Not sure of Jetta in the team, he showed he was bit slow and got hammered  few times also.  I would really like to see Bowey take his spot, has pace and skills.  We can only have so many of our 30+ players in the team at same time before we make other teams look quick.

Jones off the bench or whatever, but i would not be playing VDB and Jetta on top of that with what they showed in the preseason games.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

He shouldn’t have finished top 30 in the Brownlow. He got Oliver and Gawn’s votes because they back chat the umps.

It was also one dimensional, one paced, one way running midfield that bombed the ball forward non stop. That style does not work.

Everyone knows that style doesn’t work. We need a guy like Kozzie in the midfield. And we need to set some standards on fitness and work rare and pick Jordon 

Dont let the facts get in the way of a good storey

He was a very effective midfielder until Goodwin trashed his carreer

Kozzie need to learn to keep his feet no where near it at the moment in my view

1 hour ago, NeveroddoreveN said:

Not sure of Jetta in the team, he showed he was bit slow and got hammered  few times also.  I would really like to see Bowey take his spot, has pace and skills.  We can only have so many of our 30+ players in the team at same time before we make other teams look quick.

Jones off the bench or whatever, but i would not be playing VDB and Jetta on top of that with what they showed in the preseason games.

Bowery may take Jets place in the team in a year or two, when’s learnt half of what Jetta has forgotten about defending. Jetta may have lost some pace, but his contested defensive work, poise and experience still make him the best option for deep back, and Hunt can be the last back when we’re stretched forward...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, PaulRB said:

Bowery may take Jets place in the team in a year or two, when’s learnt half of what Jetta has forgotten about defending. Jetta may have lost some pace, but his contested defensive work, poise and experience still make him the best option for deep back, and Hunt can be the last back when we’re stretched forward...

agreed

that jetta has been in the starting side for both the unofficial and the official practice games indicates, at least to me, that at this stage he's part of our preferred back 7

the funny thing about naming 'round 1 sides' is that we really don't play a 6-6-6 line-up other than at the bounce; like most sides we tend to play a 2-3-2 defensive structure, 5-2 through the midfield, and a 2-2-1 forward line; i think of it like this:

tall d2
flanker d3
floater d2
on ball 5
outside 2
tall f2
floater f1
deep f1

6 hours ago, 58er said:

sister binlaw and niece

You are related to Binman?

• Haha 6
49 minutes ago, PaulRB said:

Will happen and should NOW no time to waste. Bowey should play and Petty should come in for Tommo also. 
Gives us greater flexibility as he clan go forward and Tommy back.

If we don't do thus we don't improve and we all know we need to.

Trust me Goody hasn't got time on his hands and  couple of other changes should happen on the wing and up forward.