Jump to content

olisik

WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - KYSAIAH KROPINYERI PICKETT

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Pennant St Dee said:

He's the won SONS

Which one, Taylor or PIckett?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll never forget the day Byron Pickett shirked it, right in front of me on the mcc wing, when Tingay was going to run through him. Unfortunately, I haven't had more highlights watching Melbourne over the years.

 And Pickett ends up coming to the dees so I can't hang it on my mates who barracked for North.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, daisycutter said:

this is sanfl seconds you do realise? and only 1 game

in 12 games (sanfl 2nds, u18 and 2 games sanfl) he kicked 17 goals. take away the 6 in 1 game and you have 11 goals in 11 games

hardly a prolific goal sneak.

yes, he is a natural footballer type with x-factor but at 170cm i'd like to see a lot lot more of his capabilities and record to date

far too easy to be seduced by a highlights video of one game.

 

Im seduced some serious X FACTOR Small but so too was Paul Callery!!

I like what he brings to the table and very young and teachable>> Oh hang on its MFC!!😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, picket fence said:

Im seduced some serious X FACTOR Small but so too was Paul Callery!!

I like what he brings to the table and very young and teachable>> Oh hang on its MFC!!😱

weren't you seduced by juice newton too?......nuff said

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Redleg said:

Which one, Taylor or PIckett?

Taylor 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2019 at 6:53 PM, whatwhatsaywhat said:

he's very, very small

Came 10th in the National Combine running vertical leap WW.  Check the first video at the 1 min mark for the launch capability!

Edited by Rusty Nails

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking for a small guy that will chew up opp mistakes and force opp mistakes then punish on the counter.  Someone that eats crumbs off the pack for breakfast with lightning quick reflexes, a great running leap for his size (equal 9th in the National Combine) and super goal sense and finish?

At a pinch he could even play short cameo stints in the mid given a decent pre-season or two.

Is it Weightman? ... Nope!  Henry? Serong?....ummm...nah none of those.  Taylor, surely it's Taylor!...hmm close but no cigar!

"Whoever it is, he can't be worth pick No.8 though.  That's just sillly" i hear you say.

Well think again fellow minions!!  Another piece in the premiership puzzle awaits...

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

Looking for a small guy that will chew up opp mistakes and force opp mistakes then punish on the counter.  Someone that eats crumbs off the pack for breakfast with lightning quick reflexes, a great running leap for his size (equal 9th in the National Combine) and super goal sense and finish?

At a pinch he could even play short cameo stints in the mid given a decent pre-season or two.

Is it Weightman? ... Nope!  Henry? Serong?....ummm...nah none of those.  Taylor, surely it's Taylor!...hmm close but no cigar!

"Whoever it is, he can't be worth pick No.8 though.  That's just sillly" i hear you say.

Well think again fellow minions!!  Another piece in the premiership puzzle awaits...

 

Great post mate. Couldn’t agree more.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he’s available at pick 97, then sure. But a top 10 pick... get your hand off it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we split pick 8 Kozzie is our best option for a small forward in the draft imv...

Kysaiah Pickett

Michael Farnell - Sports Imagery Australia

WWT Eagles/South Australia | Small Forward
02/06/2001 | 170cm | 67kg

DRAFT ANALYSIS: “An electric player capable of almost anything on the field  either in the air, or around goal, the player with the most X factor in the draft.”

DRAFT RANGE: 30-40

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

If we split pick 8 Kozzie is our best option for a small forward in the draft imv...

Kysaiah Pickett

Michael Farnell - Sports Imagery Australia

WWT Eagles/South Australia | Small Forward
02/06/2001 | 170cm | 67kg

DRAFT ANALYSIS: “An electric player capable of almost anything on the field  either in the air, or around goal, the player with the most X factor in the draft.”

DRAFT RANGE: 30-40

" the player with the most X factor in the draft.”"

 

Thats music to any Demon supporters ears.  Shame we wont have a pick to get him.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JakovichScissorKick said:

" the player with the most X factor in the draft.”"

 

Thats music to any Demon supporters ears.  Shame we wont have a pick to get him.

Pick 42 would have been nice to have kept. Still not sure why we gave that to the Hawks. Regardless of how we feel about losing Frost I'm not sure we did all that well in other parts of the trade. I suspect it might have been possible to get what we got (Pick 50 and future second rounder etc) and still kept Picks 42 and 61 and future fourth rounder if we were tough enough. I fear we were so anxious to do the deal and weren't strong enough in our negotiations. I reckon having  42, 50 61 might have been quite fruitful for us.  Thats my feelings anyway..interested to hear what others think. Have I got this right or confused things?

 

  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Demons3031 said:

Pick 42 would have been nice to have kept. Still not sure why we gave that to the Hawks. Regardless of how we feel about losing Frost I'm not sure we did all that well in other parts of the trade. I suspect it might have been possible to get what we got (Pick 50 and future second rounder etc) and still kept Picks 42 and 61 and future fourth rounder if we were tough enough. I fear we were so anxious to do the deal and weren't strong enough in our negotiations. I reckon having  42, 50 61 might have been quite fruitful for us.  Thats my feelings anyway..interested to hear what others think. Have I got this right or confused things?

 

Josh disagrees with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2019 at 6:06 PM, Wrecker45 said:

I'll never forget the day Byron Pickett shirked it, right in front of me on the mcc wing, when Tingay was going to run through him. Unfortunately, I haven't had more highlights watching Melbourne over the years.

 And Pickett ends up coming to the dees so I can't hang it on my mates who barracked for North.

Byron Pickett and Stephen Tingay never played against one another.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, wonnabeeri said:

Byron Pickett and Stephen Tingay never played against one another.....

I don't want to derail the thread, but they played against each other twice in 1998, once during the year and in the prelim that year https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/1998/111219980918.html.

Only times they would have before Stinga's retirement. 

Edited by DemonWorshipper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DemonWorshipper said:

I don't want to derail the thread, but they played against each other twice in 1998, once during the year and in the prelim that year https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/1998/111219980918.html.

Only times they would have before Stinga's retirement. 

Good pick up and my apologies. I looked on footywire and it for some reason is missing pickett's 98 season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Pickett should be around pick 50.  That’s not our range.  

Just a stabe bit i reckon he'll go a tad earlier NS.  More like 30 to 40ish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, don't make me angry said:

Taylor loves him wanted pick 8 just to make sure we got him

I hope so, he's an unbelievable talent. If Spargo was worth pick 20 something I'd have Pickett top 5 easily

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Social Media

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    BACK IN STYLE by Whispering Jack

    From the moment when the Elton John character in the movie “Rocketman” burst into its opening scene dressed as a flamboyant demon on his way to an addiction rehabilitation session, the game was on. Here was yet another film about a person gifted with a meteoric rise to stardom finding coke, booze and a hedonistic lifestyle that led directly to a destructive crash into the abyss. Ultimately, these stories end in total disaster (“A Star is Born”, “Bohemian Rhapsody”, “Judy”) but this one resulted

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    THE TRADING CHRONICLES 2019

    PART ONE - OVERTURE  I have a disclaimer at the outset. I’m not a fan of the races - be they horses or motors of any kind. Once the final siren sounds on the football season, I find the month or so that follows and corresponds roughly with the Spring Racing Carnival to be the most boring time of the year for sports fans. You turn on the radio and you’re confronted by the monotonous drone of a self-proclaimed racing expert or by the nasally twang of an ex-jockey banging on about the equine p

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 8

    CHANGES 2019 by The Oracle

    PART 1 - IT’S A LITTLE MORE COMPLICATED THIS TIME This year’s free agency, trade and draft period will see the usual drama and upheaval as the AFL’s 18 clubs seek to better their lists in order to challenge for finals and possibly premiership honours. Long before the final siren sounded on the season just over a week ago, the maneuvering was under way with player agents and clubs discussing possible player movements and in some cases, deals had already been done.  Yesterday, the r

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 2

    HOW FAR SOUTH? by George on the Outer

    It was appropriate that Melbourne was playing its last game of season 2019 in Hobart.  After all, how much further south could the team go? And much as it has done in many of the previous 22 games, the side managed to extract a loss from a winning position by simply giving the ball back to the opposition time and time again. In fact, they gave it back to the opposition to the tune of 53 points from turnovers while, by way of contrast North Melbourne contributed  only 17 points to their oppo

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    COOKED by The Oracle

    I can vividly remember when the Demons ventured onto Blundstone Arena for the first time in early 2016 only to lose to the Kangaroos by 20.11.131 to 21.10.136.    Melbourne was then a team on the up and up: young, enthusiastic and bold. It gave up a huge quarter time deficit after kicking against a strong wind but made that up by half time and fell dramatically short after an exciting high scoring affair.  The team lost no fans that day - they were willing to take the game on and attac

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    HELP by KC rom Casey

    The Casey Demons finished off their home and away season against Frankston at Skybus Stadium on Sunday with a narrow, unconvincing 6-point victory that left the door slightly open for a top eight berth when the VFL finals begin in a fortnight’s time. While sunny skies prevailed over Frankston in the morning, the skies became overcast by noon and heavy waves pounded the bay nearby as the rains came in to greet the players as the game started. And conditions stayed dark and dreary for the rem

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THANKS BUT NO THANKS by George on the Outer

    Thanks, but no thanks! In a round where the club was supposed to thank their fans for the support during the year, the Melbourne Football Club chose to do otherwise with a 53 point loss to a team that sat 15th on the ladder.  Don’t give us cheap jumpers that can’t be sold in the Demon shop.  Don’t give us vouchers to shop there, give us something on the field, which is why we come to the football in the first place. It was a disgraceful performance, which started with a disgracefu

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SLEEP OUT AT THE MCG by The Oracle

    Around about 12 months ago Melbourne and Sydney fought out an epic battle between two top eight teams fighting for the best possible ladder position in the lead up to the finals. The Swans triumphed by 9 points at the MCG after the Demons came back from five goals down at three quarter time. But for its poor kicking for goal, Melbourne might well have won the game and finished in the top four. Who knows what might then have happened for the club in September? As a consequence, the person re

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A LITTLE RAY OF SUNSHINE by KC from Casey

    Two clubs that have been hard hit by injury recently took part in a dour battle under dark clouds and, with intermittent showers falling, it wasn’t a pretty game at Victoria Park on Sunday. Despite all that, the Casey Demons added a little ray of sunshine to their day to get the job done over a "traditional" rival with a 15 point victory over Collingwood VFL that breathed life back into their season. There were a few highlights at the ground that in past days has seen many titanic batt

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THE RETRO ROUND by George on the Outer

    We have seen it all before… Yes, a wonderful idea to showcase what used to be in football.  Big crowds, umpires who knew how to apply the rules and not opinions, high marks, skilful players. But for the Melbourne supporters their retro is what it has been like for the past 10 years. Losing games, end on end, year after year.  Opportunities squandered in front of goal. VFL standard players running around at the MCG. Just more of the same, and the game against Collingwood was no ex

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

    Thanks to Demonlanders for their input into this week’s preview. Ralphius Maximus is short and bittersweet: We'll crack in at the bounce to create a contest, win our share of the ball, butcher the forward movement and get scored on easily from the intercepts. Not that hard to predict. Big Demon says: Unfortunately Collingwood will win because they have a lot more to play for. We will be good in parts but really the season is well over so we will have to put up with those bell

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    WHAT, NO BLOOD? by George on the Outer

    The feeling when turning up to the MCG on a Saturday night to play a top four side in Richmond, while the Melbourne sits cemented in close proximity to the bottom of the table is like attending the Colosseum in Ancient Roman times. The expectation is that a bloodbath is about to occur. There are 100,000 Richmond members and 50,000 Melbourne members, and despite the fact that it turned out to be a wet night after half-time, a crowd of only 37K bothered to turn up. That should never have happ

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

×
×
  • Create New...