Jump to content

  • Podcast:      

  • Podcast:     

WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - KYSAIAH KROPINYERI PICKETT


olisik
 Share


Recommended Posts

I'll never forget the day Byron Pickett shirked it, right in front of me on the mcc wing, when Tingay was going to run through him. Unfortunately, I haven't had more highlights watching Melbourne over the years.

 And Pickett ends up coming to the dees so I can't hang it on my mates who barracked for North.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


19 hours ago, daisycutter said:

this is sanfl seconds you do realise? and only 1 game

in 12 games (sanfl 2nds, u18 and 2 games sanfl) he kicked 17 goals. take away the 6 in 1 game and you have 11 goals in 11 games

hardly a prolific goal sneak.

yes, he is a natural footballer type with x-factor but at 170cm i'd like to see a lot lot more of his capabilities and record to date

far too easy to be seduced by a highlights video of one game.

 

Im seduced some serious X FACTOR Small but so too was Paul Callery!!

I like what he brings to the table and very young and teachable>> Oh hang on its MFC!!?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2019 at 6:53 PM, whatwhatsaywhat said:

he's very, very small

Came 10th in the National Combine running vertical leap WW.  Check the first video at the 1 min mark for the launch capability!

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Looking for a small guy that will chew up opp mistakes and force opp mistakes then punish on the counter.  Someone that eats crumbs off the pack for breakfast with lightning quick reflexes, a great running leap for his size (equal 9th in the National Combine) and super goal sense and finish?

At a pinch he could even play short cameo stints in the mid given a decent pre-season or two.

Is it Weightman? ... Nope!  Henry? Serong?....ummm...nah none of those.  Taylor, surely it's Taylor!...hmm close but no cigar!

"Whoever it is, he can't be worth pick No.8 though.  That's just sillly" i hear you say.

Well think again fellow minions!!  Another piece in the premiership puzzle awaits...

 

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

Looking for a small guy that will chew up opp mistakes and force opp mistakes then punish on the counter.  Someone that eats crumbs off the pack for breakfast with lightning quick reflexes, a great running leap for his size (equal 9th in the National Combine) and super goal sense and finish?

At a pinch he could even play short cameo stints in the mid given a decent pre-season or two.

Is it Weightman? ... Nope!  Henry? Serong?....ummm...nah none of those.  Taylor, surely it's Taylor!...hmm close but no cigar!

"Whoever it is, he can't be worth pick No.8 though.  That's just sillly" i hear you say.

Well think again fellow minions!!  Another piece in the premiership puzzle awaits...

 

Great post mate. Couldn’t agree more.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we split pick 8 Kozzie is our best option for a small forward in the draft imv...

Kysaiah Pickett

Michael Farnell - Sports Imagery Australia

WWT Eagles/South Australia | Small Forward
02/06/2001 | 170cm | 67kg

DRAFT ANALYSIS: “An electric player capable of almost anything on the field  either in the air, or around goal, the player with the most X factor in the draft.”

DRAFT RANGE: 30-40

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

If we split pick 8 Kozzie is our best option for a small forward in the draft imv...

Kysaiah Pickett

Michael Farnell - Sports Imagery Australia

WWT Eagles/South Australia | Small Forward
02/06/2001 | 170cm | 67kg

DRAFT ANALYSIS: “An electric player capable of almost anything on the field  either in the air, or around goal, the player with the most X factor in the draft.”

DRAFT RANGE: 30-40

" the player with the most X factor in the draft.”"

 

Thats music to any Demon supporters ears.  Shame we wont have a pick to get him.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JakovichScissorKick said:

" the player with the most X factor in the draft.”"

 

Thats music to any Demon supporters ears.  Shame we wont have a pick to get him.

Pick 42 would have been nice to have kept. Still not sure why we gave that to the Hawks. Regardless of how we feel about losing Frost I'm not sure we did all that well in other parts of the trade. I suspect it might have been possible to get what we got (Pick 50 and future second rounder etc) and still kept Picks 42 and 61 and future fourth rounder if we were tough enough. I fear we were so anxious to do the deal and weren't strong enough in our negotiations. I reckon having  42, 50 61 might have been quite fruitful for us.  Thats my feelings anyway..interested to hear what others think. Have I got this right or confused things?

 

  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Demons3031 said:

Pick 42 would have been nice to have kept. Still not sure why we gave that to the Hawks. Regardless of how we feel about losing Frost I'm not sure we did all that well in other parts of the trade. I suspect it might have been possible to get what we got (Pick 50 and future second rounder etc) and still kept Picks 42 and 61 and future fourth rounder if we were tough enough. I fear we were so anxious to do the deal and weren't strong enough in our negotiations. I reckon having  42, 50 61 might have been quite fruitful for us.  Thats my feelings anyway..interested to hear what others think. Have I got this right or confused things?

 

Josh disagrees with you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 10/13/2019 at 6:06 PM, Wrecker45 said:

I'll never forget the day Byron Pickett shirked it, right in front of me on the mcc wing, when Tingay was going to run through him. Unfortunately, I haven't had more highlights watching Melbourne over the years.

 And Pickett ends up coming to the dees so I can't hang it on my mates who barracked for North.

Byron Pickett and Stephen Tingay never played against one another.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, wonnabeeri said:

Byron Pickett and Stephen Tingay never played against one another.....

I don't want to derail the thread, but they played against each other twice in 1998, once during the year and in the prelim that year https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/1998/111219980918.html.

Only times they would have before Stinga's retirement. 

Edited by DemonWorshipper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, DemonWorshipper said:

I don't want to derail the thread, but they played against each other twice in 1998, once during the year and in the prelim that year https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/1998/111219980918.html.

Only times they would have before Stinga's retirement. 

Good pick up and my apologies. I looked on footywire and it for some reason is missing pickett's 98 season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Demonland changed the title to Welcome to Demonland - Kysaiah Pickett
  • Whispering_Jack changed the title to WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - KYSAIAH KROPINYERI PICKETT
  • Whispering_Jack pinned this topic
  • Demonland locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    EYES ON RED & BLUE by Wilma from West Perth

    It was a great weekend for the Red and the Blue on this side of the Nullarbor.   On Saturday, West Perth bested Claremont by two goals after leading all day with the exception of a few early minutes to take out the WAFL Premiership and on Sunday, Melbourne scored a five goal win over Fremantle with a stunning four goals to zip in the final term.   Again, it was the red and the blue leading nearly all day to record their fifth win from six games.   The ou

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE TRADING CHRONICLES by The Oracle

    Part One - ZERO HOUR, 9AM The AFL Trade Period begins in earnest at 9.00am amid the announcement of a bombshell by North Melbourne’s 2021 Number 1 draft pick Jason Horne-Francis that he wants to leave the club and return to his home state to play for Port Adelaide.  The Herald Sun is reporting that “Horne-Francis will cite the instability at North Melbourne this year in his first season“ along with a likely continuation of chaos as a result of the uncertainty surrounding coach Alastair

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 1

    BLUE VIBE AT IKON by Meggs

    It was such a nice vibe at Ikon on Friday night.     Princes Park looked in excellent condition, a relaxed but modest crowd and President Kate Roffey and CEO Gary Pert in attendance, greeting fans and shaking hands.     It was an evening with little to complain about for Dees supporters, save for some drizzling rain, a few missed scoring opportunities and the fact that the Dees as raging favourites duly took the four points.   Carlton was always going to struggle to cover

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    BLUES AWAY by Meggs

    This Round 5 clash against the Blues at Princes Park (officially known as Ikon Park) is a great chance for the Dees to bounce back to the winning circle following our top-of-the-table loss to Brisbane last week.     Carlton will be missing several key players with the pundits calling 10 to nil.  Raging favouritism is never a comfortable thing for Melbourne supporters but we simply must deliver on Friday night.   History has seen these teams play four times since 2017 with the Dee

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    LIONS POUNCE by Meggs

    Early Sunday afternoon Meggs was coffeeing in Mornington and witnessing hail, thunder, lightning, rain, wind and feeling the freezing temperatures and knowing all these elements were heading towards Casey Fields.  Oh dear.  The Brisbane coach had said during the week that he wanted the game moved to Marvel because “if you're going to have two of the better teams in the comp playing, (it warrants) a venue and deck that suits the occasion”.  However, Casey Fields was uncharacteristi

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    RAINING PREMIERS by KC from Casey

    If the threatening dark grey skies that loomed above Ikon Park before the VFL Grand Final didn’t provide a sufficiently inhospitable reception for our visitors from sunny Queensland, the rains that bucketed down after quarter time certainly did. For years, the Casey Demons have welcomed opposing teams at their home fortress with rain, hail, wind and frosty conditions and it was just Southport’s luck that they met those conditions head on in the VFL’s big dance. They suited Casey’s skillful

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    PRIDE OF VICTORIA by KC from Casey

    When Casey Demons coach Mark Corrigan talks about his charges putting their “best foot forward” on Sunday when they take on the Southport Sharks in the 2022 VFL Grand Final, it’s a signal that his team is on a mission not only for themselves but in  the name of their forebears, the Springvale Scorpions, and indeed for the pride and honour of the entire State of Victoria. The VFL club now known as the Casey Demons last won a premiership flag under the name of the Springvale Scorpions but tha

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    NARRM AT HOME by Meggs

    For the fourth consecutive week, and the second week as the mighty Narrm, we take on a Top 8 team. Could this match be a preview of the Season 7 Grand Final?   Our opponents this week, Brisbane, stand undefeated atop the AFLW ladder after slaying the struggling Freo, and the unrated Giants and Gold Coast.  After amassing 225 points for and only 56 against, for a percentage of 401.8%, the pundits are claiming the Lions have the best attack the competition has ever seen.   Brisbane

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    CHANGES 2022 by The Oracle

    Part 1: The year we stood still (or did we?).  Premiership coach David Parkin who  coincidentally turned 80 yesterday, famously used to say that even a premiership team needs to bring at least five new players into the fold in order to advance from year to year and therefore, if this adage remains true, then the Melbourne Football Club really did stand still in 2022.  Of the players recruited after the club’s premiership in September, 2021, only Luke Dunstan (5 games) managed to provid

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...