Williamstown v Casey Demons - Round 9

WERRIDEE

1 minute ago, Nasher said:

No, injuries have interrupted two (Melk, Lever). You made it a third by moving Salem to the other end of the ground (to accomodate Stretch). I think most would agree though that this is all a non-issue if Melksham is good, which I expect him to be with the longer break.

Oh I see. Salem hasn't played all year strictly off the back flank. Going back the last two years, he's one of our better deliverers inside fifty. I'm getting creative, thinking we have a few mid-sized defenders who know their role, but not so many slick kicks inside fifty... Mostly I just don't want to see us regress to what we saw against Hawks and Tigers.

I think you're right. After his injury he played plenty of good footy, Melks. I'll be very surprised if he misses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drunkn167 said:

If i havent replies to enough posts im sorry  i came off a night shift  last night and am quite eniembriated 

Just to tell the story of how much of a dog game williamstown played, Jade Rawlings and the coaching staff said there were 14 off the ball striking incidents, 13 of them initiated by Williamstown 

I played Under 16 in the western suburbs. It was always rough playing against teams from the Willy area.

Also, where were the umpires when all this violence was going on today?

Edited by dieter
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, dieter said:

I played Under 16 in the western suburbs. It was always rough playing against teams from the Willy area.

that will teach you to play with your willy.  didn't those priests teach you anything?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, dieter said:

That was the exact question Dec asked after the game. It was horrible, Williamstown are usually a tough but fair team but today was behind a joke. 

If there isn’t a bunch of fines and maybe a suspension or two the VFL system is rigged 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Sounds like coach speak for a scrappy game mate.

Perhaps a media career awaits you !

I’ve been listening to too many Triple M radio shows and plenty of podcasts from ex-footy players and media personal that my footy lingo is becoming like theirs 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Drunkn167 said:

I’ve been listening to too many Triple M radio shows and plenty of podcasts from ex-footy players and media personal that my footy lingo is becoming like theirs 

Just back from wandering the ancient ruins of Athens. Unlike Old Dee no mai tais for me.

Great comments as usual from all and a solid win.

Good luck to Dec and all the others in line for a QB selection. As many have said it seems that there were lots of cameos but no one grabbed the golden ring.

I feel for Stretch. If I was him I would be looking for a trade at seasons end.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

I feel for Stretch. If I was him I would be looking for a trade at seasons end.

Funny that.  This is almost word for word what posters were saying about Brayshaw.  Is he still looking for a trade, you reckon?

2 hours ago, Redleg said:

It seems Stretch has been BOG or close 3 times now and surely has to be rewarded.

Sorry but if Stretch gets a game in front of Hunt, Tyson, Ballic, Garlett then we really are in Sheeit

Sorry but he"s no good!

4 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Sorry but if Stretch gets a game in front of Hunt, Tyson, Ballic, Garlett then we really are in Sheeit

Sorry but he"s no good!

I don't think we have seen him in the team when the playing group is playing well. His VFL form warrants another chance in the seniors and if not he may as well put himself up for trade.

3 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

Who does he replace? 

Harmes plays in Lever's spot as he did on Saturday and Stretch takes Harmes' spot

Another poster mentioned the Harme's move in the Lever thread. I added the Stretch scenario.

Edited by Diamond_Jim
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Elegt said:

can someone please tell me how hunt played 

A report a few pages back stated he got a fair bit of the ball but wasn’t influential. 

10 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Sorry but he"s no good!

Many were saying that of ANB up till about 3 weeks ago but look how he has prospered. I see Stretch in a similar vein, has some good attributes and is a solid trainer and wants to be the best he can,  given time and a chance he may surprise. I would not write him off yet. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Chook said:

Guys, I'm not saying play McDonald there all game. Just that with Pedo in, we have heaps of flexibility in how we do things. No other player could give us that.

That's right, exactly.

TMc has since improved his kicking and self belief, since he moved from back half,,, but does still venture down there on occasions, from the wing.

I think its important that TMc does have another go in defence on occasions, to re-instill his abilities there, if ever we really need him to in a big game.

Edited by DV8

4 hours ago, old dee said:

Guess what? The temp is 29, light breeze and not a cloud in the sky. Mai Tai's are flowing. Dees are winning does life get any better? 

Yes, you could be back in time for the slide into deep freezzzze.

I would say Wagner as well apart from Cox they aren't a big forward line, Frost goes hard but still has too many brain fades.

If Smith doesn't come up Weed back in, if Pedo not fit.

Can't judge Wagner until he's played 60 games ,I think his disposal under pressure this year is better.

Edited by shorty
  • Like 2

If Smith was injured then yeah, Stretch could come in and run the wing against Tom Phillips who's an in form player of the competition. 

Harmes and Fritsch would spend more time forward to cover Smith's 3rd tall role, with either Harmes or Tommy Mc doing the ruck minutes. My guess is the coaches might prefer that to bringing back Weeds.

It could work, but the first option is to hope Smith is fine. Wasn't great against the Dogs but as long as he's solid more often than not he's an important role player.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drunkn167 said:

Just to reiterate, Pedo looked in a really bad way. There was no contact he just hit his head hard on the ground when falling backwards in a mark almost like a whiplash motion. Looked extremely groggy getting off the ground. Hope the poor bastard is okay.

I don't think he'll get up falling backward smashing the back of head, is I think, the worst concussive way.

Like the cowards punch thing, most fall backwards unconscious.

I hope is OK and has a full recovery.

I'd reckon it might be smart for him to have a week off completely,,, like Brayshaw last year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

I've just had the tip his foot isn't in great condition and he had his boots off in record time out on the field yesterday. Purely speculation but they might use the week either before or after the bye as a chance to unload it if they are ultra cautious to avoid a Viney situation. After seems more likely.

TMC should have rested up since the game in Alice, de-loading straight after it was sore.

Especially with the short break between games.

Now he might be hurt going into QB.

42 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Harmes plays in Lever's spot as he did on Saturday and Stretch takes Harmes' spot

Another poster mentioned the Harme's move in the Lever thread. I added the Stretch scenario.

I think they will have to replace Lever with either Frost or Keilty.  They will be way to short down back if they don’t. 

• Like 1