Changes vs Adelaide

Mickey

46 minutes ago, faultydet said:

It's your reply that is ignorant.

At least let the high horse slow down prior to jumping on it.

Why the bloke apologised is beyond me.

I think Steve said "apologies to those offended"

That is fair enough, he has no need to be sorry for what he said, and he has not apologised for what he said.

5 minutes ago, small but forward said:

Tex Walker said on radio last year after Lever moved to the dees that “if you’re driven by money or you’re driven by success, that’s a decision you need to make”

If I was the coach, I’d have our best 23 focussed on proving this week that our best is more successful than their best. 

Interesting...

I think there are a few clubs that play the loyalty v the dollars thread very hard and included in those are Adelaide and West Coast. Hawthorn used to be masters at it but after they dumped the leaders at the end of 2016 I suspect they are very much back with the pack.

• Like 2

Money or success? 

Why not both....( awaits cheesy ad...lol )

Seriously ... it's a furphy that they need be mutually exclusive. Indeed some argue one is the measure of the other.

I simply understand that many Crows had their noses collectively kicked out of joint. So be it.

If they focus on Lever... they'll come unstuck. 

1 hour ago, faultydet said:

It's your reply that is ignorant.

At least let the high horse slow down prior to jumping on it.

Why the bloke apologised is beyond me.

Involvement overseas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vestey_Group#Involvement_overseas

Wave Hill walk-off

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Lingiari#Wave_Hill_walk-off

International expansion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vestey_Group#International_expansion

Its time, we gave much more respect to all our indigenous peoples, for the pain, the hurt we have done to their races, since the europeans settled in here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DV8 said:

Involvement overseas

Wave Hill walk-off

International expansion

Its time, we gave much more respect to all our indigenous peoples, for the pain, the hurt we have done to their races, since the europeans settled in here.

The joke was about Garrett. End of story

People are far too quick to adopt indignations.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, small but forward said:

Tex Walker said on radio last year after Lever moved to the dees that “if you’re driven by money or you’re driven by success, that’s a decision you need to make”

If I was the coach, I’d have our best 23 focussed on proving this week that our best is more successful than their best. 

Tell Tex that Bryce Gibbs says "Hi".

• Like 1

Damn, snowflakes have taken over this thread.

Must be tough going through life spending so much energy looking for offence.

Garlett/Garrett. Easy to see what the joke was about if you care to look instead of rushing to be outraged.

Edited by ding
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

15 minutes ago, ding said:

Damn, snowflakes have taken over this thread.

Must be tough going through life spending so much energy looking for offence.

Garlett/Garrett. Easy to see what the joke was about if you care to look instead of rushing to being outraged.

Sad thing is, even after his/her error was clearly pointed out, they still choose to ride their high horse. Living in central Australia, I have enormous sympathy for the barriers placed against Indigenous Australians and know the history very well. Here, it is not relevant.

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, DV8 said:

Involvement overseas

Wave Hill walk-off

International expansion

I must have a "Dead Heart" hey?

Put down that weapon and get out of your Dream World, before the Bullroarer Sells my Soul down the Gunbarrell Highway.

You lefties.

Woah, Sometimes.......

• Like 3

Crows might get Matt Crouch and Milera back for Sunday

but are still without, Walker, Sloane, B Crouch, McGovern, Knight, and B Smith.  That's 6 of their best.  Shows how badly the dogs are going to only score 2 goals against them

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2018-05-22/injury-update-round-10

• Like 2

1 hour ago, faultydet said:

I must have a "Dead Heart" hey?

Put down that weapon and get out of your Dream World, before the Bullroarer Sells my Soul down the Gunbarrell Highway.

You lefties.

Woah, Sometimes.......

Some like creating, some like destroying.

11 minutes ago, DV8 said:

I don't understand what your saying.

Obviously

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JV7 said:

Jamie Bennell would consistently get a game in Darwin back in the day, often picked from nowhere to play so I wouldn’t be surprised if Spargo is rested & Garlett does come in, not entirely because of indigenous round but think it may play a part in Garletts secletion

Jamie Bennell played once in Darwin and had played every game of the season up until that point.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DV8 said:

I understood the original comment, about 'Garret'. and beds are burning.

but not the running commentary since, its all a bit vague.

A joke... perchanced upon a malapropism was all it was. The song was actually irrelevant other than to denote the singer..and by such the joke.

All the rest  is also irrelevant but to those that see shadows where none exist.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Casey or Melbourne? 

You are so mean Ethan, just when i was trying to change the subject with a bit of decorum. However you did spin in rather quickly☺️

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Play Garlett because it’s Indigenous Round and we’re playing in Alice Springs? Bloody hell. 

It's ridiculous, ET.  Someone even suggested playing him because a family member designed the guernsey.

If Garlett does play on the weekend then it's because he deserved a run, no other reason.  If he doesn't play then clearly the FD are going for the win, not sentimentality.

• Like 4