Jack Watts (again)

Redlagged

Does Goodwin get a spell for making us play in  the wind with no strategy or DIRECTION.

NO plan to attack from the windy side or defend to the dead side.

Adelaide people worry me.

They are like New Zealanders with slightly better hygiene levels but the chip on the shoulder remains.

Edited by Biffen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Immediately after that Goodwin said Watts was no longer in our best 22 but he didn't explain how a player can go from top 3 to outside 22 almost overnight, given that he had been injured.  That just doesn't make sense.  

Goodwin then conceded that perhaps Jack should have had a run at Casey before coming into the seniors (which is the more typical route for players injured). 

I think we were all surprised that all our injured players came straight back in.  Salem, Gawn, Hogan, Jones, Watts, Viney, Tyson.  It smacks of desperation by the coaches.  All those players struggled on return to seniors.  Only Gawn is finding some form.  Now Salem and Watts are out of the team.  One rested the other used to 'send a message to all players'.  

Top 3 to outside best 22, in a few weeks?  Don't buy that! 

Perhaps the coaching panel need to take some responsibility here. 

Perhaps they should shoulder it ALL...It is after all...what they do !! :huh:

1 hour ago, chook fowler said:

Good article by Slobbo in the Sun re Jack Watts. Sums up Jacks situation perfectly 

^^^^^^  not sure it's possible to like that.   It does however raise some interesting observations. Amazingly done through amber  optics :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Perhaps they should shoulder it ALL...It is after all...what they do !! :huh:

I agree here, so many selection bloopers this year, weird match ups and puzzling game day stuff, ie Jetta on Brown and game style in wind. However he is a first year coach but he really has done some stupid stuff this year and not enough has been said about him/coaches.

7 minutes ago, SFebey said:

I agree here, so many selection bloopers this year, weird match ups and puzzling game day stuff, ie Jetta on Brown and game style in wind. However he is a first year coach but he really has done some stupid stuff this year and not enough has been said about him/coaches.

There are here, for mine, two issues.

1: First year coach.  It's a fact. He will/must learn/evolve.

2: Is he still accountable, i.e does (1) give you a get out of jail free card ?   . Of course he's accountable. The whole lot of them are accountable. If they wish the players to be then so must they and as the  'powers that be" must ultimately shoulder it all

• Like 1

Well it's not great.

Our team needs to win 3 in a row and both our forwards are out.

I think Watts was rushed back in like Gawn, Jones and Viney but this is because of lack of depth and other injuries.

Still, he had 3 weeks and his lack of trying seemed evident.

Lots of burden on Tmac. ThankGod he can kick goals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DemonAndrew said:

i'd say 'typical reactionary article by robbo' as opposed to 'good'

as mark evans said to him on 360 during the week, "you love your hypotheticals" aka "you love making stuff up and changing direction with the wind as you go along"

Didn't he write an article on Watts after that Collingwood goal? Pumping up his tyres. So a lot of truth to what you say mate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DemonAndrew said:

as mark evans said to him on 360 during the week, "you love your hypotheticals" aka "you love making stuff up and changing direction with the wind as you go along"

I agree. I expect Watts and Goodwin would like to see Watts recapture his earlier season form. He's playing badly. That's hugely disappointing, obviously.

The club dropped Garlett last year. And he's a gun. He's one of the first named on the team sheet this year. Players have form slumps, not always because they're not trying though.

Goodwin just dropped Salem. He's also a gun. Not a word said in that article about Goodwin's view on Salem. He's hard at it. Why was he dropped? Josh Kelly and Marcus Bontempelli (same draft) are dominating and wouldn't get dropped for such important games.

I don't disagree with elements of the article, but it's a fairly obvious angle and I expect there's a bit more to Watts and Salem being dropped for this game.

In short, we absolutely need to win this game, and we can't carry any players who aren't in form.

Edited by Ron Burgundy

2 hours ago, beelzebub said:

^^^^^^  not sure it's possible to like that.   It does however raise some interesting observations. Amazingly done through amber  optics :rolleyes:

I think Slobbo writes well - just wish he would keep his ugly mug off TV and stop playing the bogan on radio.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

I think Slobbo writes well - just wish he would keep his ugly mug off TV and stop playing the bogan on radio.

Thanks to the shadow writers and junior editors who make sense of his half sentences and bogan ramblings...

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DemonAndrew said:

Slobbo loves his hyperboles, too.

Edited by At the break of Gawn

About time somebody wrote an article giving us a full rundown of Slobbo's life. 

I am so sick of this useless parasite. 

He lost ANY CRED after that disgraceful article on Alex Fosolo

If you are reading this Mark...

F. U.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, binman said:

Whatcha ya talking about williis?

I was not exusing jack. In fact you essentially are saying what i said.

I was rebutting the argument he coyls not be injured if he wás playing at casy.

Sheesh

Read your original post again and understand where you are coming from. We are on the same page

The article is reasonable. Jack has played 150 games and should be a stalwart of the club and the fwd line.

That he has been dropped yet again to find his 'mojo' is a poor reflection in him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, leave it to deever said:

Will weid play up this weekend up frwd and if so is anyone else worried this guy has had no impact in his 3 games this year? NO pressure sam just our finals on the line.

Yes, I'm worried,very worried.

45 minutes ago, bing181 said:

Perhaps the player in question needs to take some responsibility here. Especially after 150 games.

Agree. I wonder what his loyal supporters will say after today's VFL effort, "he's injured" I'm sure. Fact is, he's inconsistent, lacks intensity and flaps around with his butterfly net.