Jack Watts (again)

Redlagged

Where were all you Watts critics when Jack ran and ran to make position at the G then ran his heart out to kick that amazing goal under huge pressure to win the QB game for us.  Still a spine tingling moment.

He was playing injured long before he was ousted by a hamstring injury.  Remember the back spasms, remember the ankle injury.  He probably is still playing injured.

Many of our players are down, particularly forwards:  look at Garland, Petracca, Tom Mc since the bye. 

I'm over the Watts bashing.  Go pick on some else!

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Where were all you Watts critics when Jack ran and ran to make position at the G then ran his heart out to kick that amazing goal under huge pressure to win the QB game for us.  Still a spine tingling moment.

He was playing injured long before he was ousted by a hamstring injury.  Remember the back spasms, remember the ankle injury.  He probably is still playing injured.

Many of our players are down, particularly forwards:  look at Garland, Petracca, Tom Mc since the bye. 

I suspect Jack ( and a few mates) ars being played whilst not 100%

He certainly seems to be playing sub par but i don't think its as much his fault as another's :unsure:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Thats what Watts is capable of and its fantastic. Sadly has probably had 4 standout games in 150 and has had 60 stinkers where he looks like he is not interested in being out there.

We all want Watts to be a star on a regular basis. Has the skills in spades. But does he want it?

As for Garland. Has had a crap year. Don't think he has had a possession

Edited by jnrmac
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jnrmac said:

Thats what Watts is capable of and its fantastic. Sadly has probably had 4 standout games in 150 and has had 60 stinkers where he looks like he is not interested in being out there.

We all want Watts to be a star on a regular basis. Has the skills in spades. But does he want it?

As for Garland. Has had a crap year. Don't think he has had a possession

Haven't really noticed him. Has had that sort of season where it is almost like he hasn't been playing.:D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jackaub said:

It appears to me he  is curently in transition to retirement and has been some time

Call it the Tomic syndrome in other words its our problem not Jacks. 

He is just getting on with life and happens to play the odd game of football. Football is not his life  and in some ways I respect that.

It's our problem when he is receiving good coin to perform and not delivering. 

1 hour ago, chook fowler said:

It's our problem when he is receiving good coin to perform and not delivering. 

Yes it becomes our problem so what do you do ?sack him? Doesnt solve our problem Jack plays about as hard as Jack wants to simple really and the club can do nought about it.

16 minutes ago, jackaub said:

Yes it becomes our problem so what do you do ?sack him? Doesnt solve our problem Jack plays about as hard as Jack wants to simple really and the club can do nought about it.

I agree. No easy answer - when he's up and going he is a great asset and a delight to watch. Everyone gets frustrated when there is such a large gap between best and worst. Maybe the bottom will fall out of the swimwear market and he'll be more reliant on his footy income. Otherwise there's always aversion therapy via electrodes to the scrotum.

All we can do, aside from continuing to give Jack every opportunity to get the best out of himself, is to aggressively trade, develop and promote players who are capable and likely to go past him. 

To my mind one of the inditements on Jack is how quickly Hannan has come in and performed at a consistently high level. Or TMac moving forward to command the ball and kick goals in a way that Jack has struggled to despite approx 140 more games as a forward than either Hannan or TMac.

Not sure what we can do aside from cross our fingers he has a good day and continue to grow our options and players.

• Like 1

As good as he has been in patches this year, there has been zero intensity in the last 2 games of footy and for such an important cog - its not good enough. The jogging, the limp wristed tackles and most importantly the body language. He just looks like its all too much.

There is a hell of a lot to play for this Sunday. I just hope we get the Watts that WANTS to play is there.

• Like 5

I'm guessing they're easing him back into it given his hamstring concerns. He's been playing deep forward and not running around as much. With the team being down its hard for our forwards right now. 

We should give a better showing this week, and Watts will get more opportunities. He'll be right! 

On 05/08/2017 at 7:14 PM, Redlagged said:

Selection is an issue next week. Weidemann must come in if they really are fair dinkum about form being the criterion. Hannan might entertain a recall  too. He does most of what JW does - and some of it better. In any case, next week is IT - we perform, or else....

If they are fair dinkum about form JFK must be in contention too

17 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Cry me a river lucifer.

Watts has been garbage since he has come back.. You can't defend lack of effort!!!!

• Like 2

His ears must be burning, no matter the time of day, Watts gets a whack.

If he is lacking effort the selectors will drop him, full stop. There are many more players to pick on than Watts.

Lewis is allowed to kick the ball longer than 30 metres but I rarely see it and don't get me started on the kick that broke Jesses collarbone. Bernie has brain fades every second week. 

Frost runs like the wind but his decision making the last two weeks has been horrid. Salem's influence since coming back is on par with Watts.

The last few weeks don't resemble the team we were in the first half of the season and to single out one bloke is unfair.

• Like 4

For me, the most frustrating thing about Wattsy is that we get glimpses of what he's capable of and know what he can do. Then when he goes quiet and doesn't deliver those goods regularly, it's definitely bloody annoying for me, let alone everyone else. Wasted talent is more frustrating than just pure lack of effort.

To use one of the favourite words around here: his effort since the injury comeback has been PUTRID!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Stretchyourself said:

I'm guessing they're easing him back into it given his hamstring concerns. He's been playing deep forward and not running around as much. With the team being down its hard for our forwards right now. 

We should give a better showing this week, and Watts will get more opportunities. He'll be right! 

Bullshite. Jack had over a month off for a hammy - that they predicted he would play the following week. yeah he might have tweaked it again at training but if he isn't fit he doesn't play. Don't give me the working back into it palava. Excuses excuses.

Jack turns up when he wants to. Not good enough.

• Like 1

On 09/08/2017 at 8:37 AM, beelzebub said:

I suspect Jack ( and a few mates) ars being played whilst not 100%

He certainly seems to be playing sub par but i don't think its as much his fault as another's :unsure:

spot on. he has been carrying something (i reckon groin and a hand earlier in the year) all year..

still no excuse for his timidness at contests

Edited by mattjm
ya mum