GAMEDAY - Round 20

Whispering_Jack

Balance will return with Watts getting Help from Pederson and Petracca who has played 90% midfield recently in Jonesy's absence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hardtack said:

Just looked out the hotel window, sky is mostly blue, some wind, but not gusty, and according to the weather app on my phone, any chance of rain will be 0% by 1:30pm at which time the temperature will be 11c (feels like 1c).

This has been a public service announcement. 

Not enough Pollies in town  ..  need more hot air

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CHF said:

So another game day in an exciting season. I am sure we all do different things on game day and I am wondering what others do. 

This is my game day.

A game in Canberra, so a lot of supporters will be in the same boat as I am every week, unable to get to the game and watching live on a screen. 

I am based in Europe so I am 8 hours behind. Game starts at 5.45am for me. I wake 15 mins before the first bounce. Do what I have to do. Watch the first half on an iPad in bed. Come half time I have a shower, get the coffee ready and breakfast. Second half is had over breakfast. The cereal ends up all,over the table. The hangover (Italian wine this evening) is either pounding (we're losing.... ) or receding (we're winning...) it is a fine balancing act.

it really is a knife edge existence, not attending games live. It is, in some ways, a lonely existence. I can hear the crowd reaction on the visual and know why they are yelling, but I am apart from it.

so, I yell,at the images, tell,Goodwin what to do... abuse the maggots.... tell,players in no uncertain terms how useless they are...... all ok milk and cereal...

.... and then, when the game is over, I have to go,about my day... win or lose..... go about my day.... 

In the evening, in a calmer frame of mind I watch the replay with a drink or seven....

the boys will,win it today...or tomorrow.... for themselves and for supporters like us.... the ones that, no matter what the circumstances, are there, week after week watching, cheering, cursing.... wanting the rewards a win will bring.

what sort of day are others looking forward to?

Well.. i woke up this morning and i got my self a beer......

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

No more missed tackles.

And no more bombing the ball into the F50.

Mind you with Pedo back in the team I feel more confident of him clunking a few.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CHF said:

So another game day in an exciting season. I am sure we all do different things on game day and I am wondering what others do. 

This is my game day.

A game in Canberra, so a lot of supporters will be in the same boat as I am every week, unable to get to the game and watching live on a screen. 

I am based in Europe so I am 8 hours behind. Game starts at 5.45am for me. I wake 15 mins before the first bounce. Do what I have to do. Watch the first half on an iPad in bed. Come half time I have a shower, get the coffee ready and breakfast. Second half is had over breakfast. The cereal ends up all,over the table. The hangover (Italian wine this evening) is either pounding (we're losing.... ) or receding (we're winning...) it is a fine balancing act.

it really is a knife edge existence, not attending games live. It is, in some ways, a lonely existence. I can hear the crowd reaction on the visual and know why they are yelling, but I am apart from it.

so, I yell,at the images, tell,Goodwin what to do... abuse the maggots.... tell,players in no uncertain terms how useless they are...... all ok milk and cereal...

.... and then, when the game is over, I have to go,about my day... win or lose..... go about my day.... 

In the evening, in a calmer frame of mind I watch the replay with a drink or seven....

the boys will,win it today...or tomorrow.... for themselves and for supporters like us.... the ones that, no matter what the circumstances, are there, week after week watching, cheering, cursing.... wanting the rewards a win will bring.

what sort of day are others looking forward to?

Hope you have a great day. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Arousal levels high after a disappointing loss the week prior?

I'm not surprised.

And I won't be if we win.

The real challenge will always be backing it up. Against St Kilda. Then Brisbane. Then Collingwood. 

Contrived arousal/response is never a real indicator of where a team is at.

360199.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Stretch Johnson said:

We really should  beat them on the inside.  Hopefully this will give us enough control of the game to win. 

Why should we, they have a great midfield?

21 minutes ago, Demonised said:

Saw a three-eyed crow this morning. It croaked: 'Dees by 32 points'.

13 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

God where were you ...Chenobyl!!?

I'd guess South Australia. Most of those one eyed supporters have two other eyes hidden away which is why they're twice the d-heads!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

SWYL feeling apprehensive today, which may be a good sign as each time i have felt confident of victory this year, we have lost....

(quietly) go Demons...

A common symptom of apprehension is referring to oneself in the third person.

• Like 1