T. McDonald - relished the freedom 

O.McDonald - fortunately rarely required 

Hunt - wonderful first half

Neal-Bullen - some impressive cameos

Bugg - did he play?

Garlett - provided forward pressure 

Jetta - had limited involvement 

Agree with you re:

Jones,Salem (must get ball into his or Watts hands),Watts,Tyson ,Melsahm,Garlett,Vince, Pederson,

Viney : Led way  in 3rd Qtr

OMac : 14x 1%s, high effective disposal %. What more can you ask?

Tmac : Disposal /Decision making ?? Contribution extremely high

Lewis/Vince : Didn't get reported

Frost Learning his craft

Tyson : Lower your eyes

Petracca/Oliver : Centurion Tanks

Team: Fumbled in 1st half / Played in 2nd half

• Like 1

Hannan was very good I thought. Plays like a 50+ game forward. When we started getting space he was a genuine target. I like him a lot.

And OMAC was great today. 

Edited by praha
  • Like 2

Jones - solid effort

Viney - great 3rd quarter

Salem - distributed very well

Watts - classy game

Petracca - strong performance 

Lewis - accumulated quite well

Tyson - showed improvement 

Oliver - Hands too quick (for umpires eyes)

Hibberd - prevents heart attacks

Frost - used pace well

Melksham - posesses incriminating photos

Hannan - Smart young player

Pederson - superb game

Vince - many 'blonde' moments

JKH - Added little

T.Mac - starts heart attacks

O.Mac - serviceable game 

Hunt- exciting, but fumbly

Neal-Bulleen - Fair tagging job

Bugg - expected more

Gartlett - another sharp performance 

Jetta - solid as usual

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, monoccular said:

According to Goody

JKH - played his rile

Yep....riled many :rolleyes:

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Adzman said:

JKH- a VFL player

Watts- proving haters wrong

Watts, a great story of determination and will overcoming past disappointments and critics.  Many others would have given up.  Jacks loyalty to Melbourne and Paul Roos mentoring important. And Goodwins harsh message pre -season.  

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, hemingway said:

Reckon we need to allow some slack Beezle to our perceived  underperfomers. It's team game and we supporters will never know what the coaches instructions are. 

I would love to know what the instructions were to Weideman in the first 4 games Ernest.

Get where the ball ain't? As JD would say.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, hemingway said:

Seriously OD, Weideman is a kid. My comment is the same, cut some of these boys some slack. Particularly the young kids. Look at Watts. Even in the best teams, individuals have their off matches. Focus on the positive not the negative . 

the positive for young weds is a good development stretch at casey, ernest

i think he will come good but getting a handful of touches in afl is not helping his development at all

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, deebug said:

Watts has run his guts out this year and is improving each week those who have bagged him should be ashamed.

Why should we be ashamed ? Was a cronic underperformer until the Roos era. Hats off to him no doubt but why should I be ashamed about calling a spade a spade at the current place and time 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hemingway said:

Seriously OD, Weideman is a kid. My comment is the same, cut some of these boys some slack. Particularly the young kids. Look at Watts. Even in the best teams, individuals have their off matches. Focus on the positive not the negative . 

As Dc said I too do not see how playing a guy who is well below AFL standard at this point helps his development. He played 7 games in a row for two reasonable quarters. At the least he should have been dropped to Casey after the Geelong game. He is not yet ready for AFL. The mistake we made with JW was playing him for too many games in his early career lets not repeat it with Weideman. 

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, old dee said:

As Dc said I too do not see how playing a guy who is well below AFL standard at this point helps his development. He played 7 games in a row for two reasonable quarters. At the least he should have been dropped to Casey after the Geelong game. He is not yet ready for AFL. The mistake we made with JW was playing him for too many games in his early career lets not repeat it with Weideman. 

Okay, OD, that's put your earlier comment in context. 

1 hour ago, WA Demon said:

Why should we be ashamed ? Was a cronic underperformer until the Roos era. Hats off to him no doubt but why should I be ashamed about calling a spade a spade at the current place and time 

I'm saying last year and this year Jack has played some really great footy, when Max went down Watts stood up and did a great job. I was talking about talking about Leigh Matthews when i made that comment, but if you want to put your self in there so be it? 

And Jack wasn't the only one under performing the whole club was but that's a whole other issue on to it's self.

So you still think Jack is a cronic underperformer this year as well?