Changes v Richmond R5

6 hours ago, DemonLad5 said:

Go and read the Richmond bigfooty page

My god they are cocky [censored] after 4 wins

Richmond supporters are notoriously dense. I just skimmed through a thread on Dion Prestia, and someone linked to a positive article about him. The whole thread is convinced it's a media conspiracy to talk Richmond up so that when they fail, they can laugh at them.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rusty Nails said:

Bugg & Harmes sharing the role.... might keep him to 2 or 3 goals

Harmes. I say it every week. He's capable of anything on an AFL ground. Doesn't produce it, necessarily. But can do just about anything. So yeah, might be a good call. I think physically he can at least go with him.

31 minutes ago, praha said:

Richmond supporters are notoriously dense. I just skimmed through a thread on Dion Prestia, and someone linked to a positive article about him. The whole thread is convinced it's a media conspiracy to talk Richmond up so that when they fail, they can laugh at them.

I agree with your first sentence but to be honest, that entire thing isn't something that would surprise me if it were on Demonland in the past.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, praha said:

Yeah, meth will do that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

yep, 22 + 3 announced tonight, final 22 + 1 announced sat 5pm(ish)

For the avoidance of doubt and so as to corroborate JV7's post, the tweet reads:  "No selection news tonight, folks. We'll be naming our team for Monday's Anzac Day Eve clash against Richmond on Saturday #AFLTigersDees"     NO SQUAD TONIGHT, NOTHING, NADA........

Edited by Copuchas
typo

3 hours ago, Die Hard Demon said:

Dusty is the one player I see time and time again get away with high fend offs.. along with the DangerWoods' and Pendleburys' of the competition.. A protected species.

I would love to see the famous Viney tackle on him though.. Ala Mav Weller. Would be a very satisfying moment.

Add the Bont to that list

20 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Richmond more than any other team rides on confidence and emotion. If they get on top early will be hard to reel them back in.

...and, sadly, after last week's third quarter surrender anyone trailing us by a mere 4 goals at half time will have some confidence.

That is something that we must stamp out ruhtleslessly this week.

3 hours ago, Redleg said:

Pedo rucked and got 32 possies. We need that, as well as his ability to play forward or back.

His versatility and strength  - forward, ruck, defence make him valuable.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, DemonLad5 said:

Please let some injury news go our way and Dusty miss :rolleyes:

OMG I have heard this sort of garbage blurted out on these pages so often over the past decade - "opposition star player "x" is out - how good is that" and almost every time it has come back to bite us in the bum.  Last year's Essendon game took the cake for this total myth.

How about just going out and beating the best opposition.  Far more satisfying and induces far less complacency in our mentally fragile playing list.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Copuchas said:

For the avoidance of doubt and so as to corroborate JV7's post, the tweet reads:  "No selection news tonight, folks. We'll be naming our team for Monday's Anzac Day Eve clash against Richmond on Saturday #AFLTigersDees"     NO SQUAD TONIGHT, NOTHING, NADA........

sorry, my bad :wacko:

3 hours ago, A F said:

In fact, looking at these numbers again, I don't know where Maclure is getting any of his figures from.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp-melbourne-demons--james-harmes

Yeah I thought it was strange, the one thing I think Harmes has been good at was his chasing and pressure. Pretty sure he said harmed, he may have meant Hannan?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dee-licious said:

Annoying but we will get Casey teams tonight so that should help with the guessing....

31 man squad named for Casey so that doesn't really help. 

Tyson is one of them, hope it stays that way. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Die Hard Demon said:

Dusty is the one player I see time and time again get away with high fend offs.. along with the DangerWoods' and Pendleburys' of the competition.. A protected species.

I would love to see the famous Viney tackle on him though.. Ala Mav Weller. Would be a very satisfying moment.

I recall an attempted Dusty fend-off against our lot a couple years back which resulted in a serious gang-tackle and holding the ball. It seemed as if we'd been instructed to go low and not to get sucked in. 

28 minutes ago, Deestroy All said:

It just means he's on the extended AFL bench, along with Kent and probably Bugg.

The only certainties are that a) Hogan isn't playing VFL so presumably comes straight back in and b) Meksham not named in the VFL means that either he keeps his place or he's injured (or being penalised?) and doesn't play anywhere.

2 hours ago, Deestroy All said:

Some good deduction by @Dee-liciousin the Casey thread

Edited by Fifty-5
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ProDee said:

But you're not going to get that.

You're going to get 13 disposals, 4-5 marks, 4-5 hitouts, and maybe a goal.  

We already know what we get from Pedersen.  i wouldn't select him and doubt Goodwin will.

Btw, Casey played Williamstown.  A stand-alone club.  The standard at VFL level these days is very ordinary.  

That's still better than what we're likely to get from Weideman at this stage and it also allows us to free up Watts to stay forward instead having to play 2nd ruck 

5 hours ago, praha said:

I had a read of their preview thread on BF - my god I hope we beat them now, give them a massive reality check. I'm not confident though, they're in winning form and we've stagnated a little. Their small forwards worry me as does their deeper midfield 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deestroy All said:

Tyson has played well against the Tigs in the past, I wouldn't be dropping him especially not for Trengove or Brayshaw. I'd rather bring Brayshaw in for Melksham, Bugg or Hannan.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

5 hours ago, Dappa Dan said:

Harmes. I say it every week. He's capable of anything on an AFL ground. Doesn't produce it, necessarily. But can do just about anything. So yeah, might be a good call. I think physically he can at least go with him.

He does show glimpses of outstanding play Dappa. Like all developing players things can occasionally go haywire though but seems to be producing at a pretty high level so far.

I like the idea of Bugg working him on the inside a little then Harmes taking say about 50% of the duties and working him on the outside going the other way. As for the match committee they would probably laugh at the suggestion and do nothing of the sort!

Harmes is tracking top 10 statistically this year, with a weighted average score of 3.43, sitting 9th just behind ANB. Early days but a big improvement on last year's weighted average score of 2.92, where he finished 15th overall. A 17% improvement so far.