Where there's smoke there's...

Goffer

Good news is Hogan's now given us an excuse to pull the pin on this 'going back to Perth whenever he's got spare time' routine that's carried on for far too long now.

Rewarding him with time off due to suspension was a mistake from Goodwin and he doesn't ever have to repeat it now.

Early morning beach session when he gets back I'd suggest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

This is only a story if AFL players don't, normally, smoke during the season.

I'm 99.9% sure that they do, which means this is not a story.

They do. Tobacco is discouraged, not outright banned. I believe the general advice is if you're going to have a cigarette, do it after a match, out of the public eye, and don't overdo it.

Hogan broke one of those rules but aside from that it's not massive from a playing perspective. From a PR perspective it's bad 

• Like 2

Can we get him arrested before he lights up another one?

To save him from himself I mean.

He's worse than Ben Cousins.A menace  to himself and society at large.He must be stopped.

• Like 6

If he cops a clip from the Club for being stupid, he'll probably sulk for the next month.

Wake up Jesse!

Edited by Deeoldfart

2 minutes ago, praha said:

They do. Tobacco is discouraged, not outright banned. I believe the general advice is if you're going to have a cigarette, do it after a match, out of the public eye, and don't overdo it.

Hogan broke one of those rules but aside from that it's not massive from a playing perspective. From a PR perspective it's bad 

Get a life. Footballers are human beings. J. Christus, he smoked a CIGARETTE, ban him for life...

In the meantime you are part of a society which makes a fortune from supplying tobacco and the tax it supplies to the coffers of various governments. Have it both ways????/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biffen said:

Can we get him arrested before he lights up another one?

To save him from himself I mean.

He's worse than Ben Cousins.A menace  to himself and society at large.He must be stopped.

I truly believe, Biffen, you have the correct attitude. Use him as Trade fodder. Play him at Casey for six months.

2 minutes ago, dieter said:

Get a life. Footballers are human beings. J. Christus, he smoked a CIGARETTE, ban him for life...

In the meantime you are part of a society which makes a fortune from supplying tobacco and the tax it supplies to the coffers of various governments. Have it both ways????/

Think it is more the principle that he is rocking it at a music festival and taking advantage of the clubs Grace to let him go home for a few days after he [censored] up and got himself rubbed out for two weeks.

• Like 5

Just when you think today can't get any weirder :huh:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dieter said:

What are you on about. Earlier in the thread I said him smoking a cigarette is no big deal. It's merely the *look* of him smoking that is bad.

2 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Nice to see him taking advantage of the club who for some reason let him go back to Perth after he let them down.

Needs to get his ass on next flight to Melbourne and do extra sessions while out suspended.  Which is exactly what should have been happening.

Bit OTT there Pet.

Plenty of players smoke. His only mistake is having some wannabe paparazzi nearby who wanted 5 seconds of fame. He has a few days off from training. Give the guy a break.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Petraccattack said:

The cigarette is irrelevant really, he should be in Melbourne supporting his teammates who busted their ass on the weekend while he was prancing around like a fairy at a music festival. 

I totally agree, prancing like a fairy at a music festival is a disgrace and reflects badly on his masculinity.

• Like 3

I can see people's perspective on the humor side but when your serving a 2 match suspension from a dumb and stupidity act then its not a good look at all, especially when his team is busting their asses off to cover the loss for him and Lewis.

As some have said if it was Jack Watts he would have copped an absolute roasting in the media. Its a [censored] poor effort from Hogan and i expect better from him. Im all for having a life outside of footy but jesus at least be smart with your decisions and actions. Don't care if he is smoking darts just do it at an appropriate time when there's no grubby scrubs taking snaps of you.

Its no surprise to me though that this has come about. Jesse isn't exactly squeaky clean off field as some on here think he is.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Petraccattack said:

The cigarette is irrelevant really, he should be in Melbourne supporting his teammates who busted their ass on the weekend while he was prancing around like a fairy at a music festival. 

Next time he goes to Perth we should put him in lockdown so he can't actually see any of his friends. He could just go back to his room and sit amongst the trophys and be grounded.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Moonshadow said:

Bit OTT there Pet.

Plenty of players smoke. His only mistake is having some wannabe paparazzi nearby who wanted 5 seconds of fame. He has a few days off from training. Give the guy a break.

there are wannabe paparazzi at every public function. everyone has a phone with a camera. as dumb as striking rowe in the noggin. smoke in private if you must.

As long as it doesn't become a habit I don't gaf. The club will have a word to him I'm sure but we have to remember he's a young person and If the worst thing he's doing is having a smoke in his time off then it's not a huge deal. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

I bet no one here would say within Jesse's earshot that he was "prancing around like a fairy".

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that!

I'm disappointed with his choice of pant with that style of shoe .

Also, if he is going to "prance about", he should put more hip movement into it.

To be honest,he's not even trying in the fashion stakes and he might need a complete makeover.

• Like 2

The club let him go home so the music festival is not unexpected.  If the festival is a bad look that's on the club not Hogan. 

Having a dart isn't great, but it's a pretty small issue. 

I was actually very impressed with the second video in the article, with the touched shot at goal. Not many players at AFL level would show that level of sportsmanship, and it should have been widely apprlauded.