FA & Trade Whispers

Dee-licious

4 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Heard today that another J.Watts will be joining the MFC this trade period..  a kid from up north.

No idea if hes any good or anything about him, just that he is a young KPD and we are into him.

This trade period? Whose list is he on? Or did you mean the trade/drafting period as a whole?

8 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Heard today that another J.Watts will be joining the MFC this trade period..  a kid from up north.

No idea if hes any good or anything about him, just that he is a young KPD and we are into him.

Josh Watts - formerly of the Brisbane Lions?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-05/brisbane-lions-delist-five-after-horror-season

5 minutes ago, Mickey said:

This trade period? Whose list is he on? Or did you mean the trade/drafting period as a whole?

1 minute ago, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

Yes thats him. No need to trade then.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Flamingdees said:

Hi fellow Dee's supporters,

First post in many years. Was posting under another name previously but but forgot user name and password blah blah blah so set up a new one. 

Anyway most of this is not new news but this is what I know from what I would say is quite a reliable source within the club. 

Barlow - Dee's are right into him and all going well he will end up in the red and blue next year. 

Hibberd - Will be a dee next year. 

Scott Thompson - Goodwin very keen. Dee's are waiting for crows to finish finals. Peter Jackson loves the idea of succession planning and Thompson could be part of this.

An enjoyable read... but this is pretty weird isn't it?  A succession plan before a coach has had a a single match...???

Barlow has been floated on here a bit; would love to see him at the Dees for three years.  For those worried about him displacing a young mid... good - make the kids develop and earn their spot every single week.  If Barlow, a proven and hard bodied midfielder wanted to come to us, I'd welcome him with open arms. (I've always had a soft spot for him though - he's a great story)

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Flamingdees said:

Nah mate, not either of those. I used to post years ago. I can vaguely remember posting about Al Nicolson. That's how long it's been. 

Roger that.

Nudge/Chilliboy used to do the best (ie. most outlandish) trade rumours ive ever seen.

2 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

Interesting Traccattack.. Source?

I wanna know why we're into a kid who played no games at one of the worst clubs going around?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Id say hello to GNF and i would still get howled down by his fanboys.

So il just leave it at that for now..

That's not what you do dazzle and I hope you know that.

• Like 1

I note Laverde and Essendon still haven't struck a deal. Now there's a kid with serious talent.

Wonder if it would be worth offering Essendon our 2017 1st Round Pick along with someone like Matt Jones, Newton, Vandenberg, Neal-Bullen, Kennedy-Harris or Michie for both Laverde and Hibberd? Laverde effectively becomes our 2017 1st Round Pick with 3 years under his belt. The kid can seriously play!

2 minutes ago, AngryAtCasey said:

I note Laverde and Essendon still haven't struck a deal. Now there's a kid with serious talent.

Wonder if it would be worth offering Essendon our 2017 1st Round Pick along with someone like Matt Jones, Newton, Vandenberg, Neal-Bullen, Kennedy-Harris or Michie for both Laverde and Hibberd? Laverde effectively becomes our 2017 1st Round Pick with 3 years under his belt. The kid can seriously play!

This one is interesting, i've been told he's basically cracked the shits because they've paid massive overs to keep a lot of the players who were suspended and offered him unders.

Saints have been linked to him like they have to every player that isn't on their list but i think he's a good player and gettable, price being the only issue.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mach5 said:

Yep, really depends on how much he thinks is unders.

I get the feeling young Laverde has a pretty good relationship with himself.

I assumed that was just an Essendon thing.......

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Abe said:

This one is interesting, i've been told he's basically cracked the shits because they've paid massive overs to keep a lot of the players who were suspended and offered him unders.

Saints have been linked to him like they have to every player that isn't on their list but i think he's a good player and gettable, price being the only issue.

From a source close to Jayden, the money the saints have on the table is close to irrefusable compared to what the bombers have offered. He wants to stay, but the money is talking. 

There were inquiries from other clubs but its either st kilda or essendon, so i wouldnt give it much thought. Not sold on him anyway, he has a long way to go in my opinion. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Flamingdees said:

Hi Demonlanders,

I read your threads daily and no I'm not that bloke who was called braysure or what ever his name was.  Thought it was quite funny....

Anyway tried to get more specifics and will continue to do so but as my man said anything can happen in trade week. Deals that often clubs think are a lock often fall over for one reason or another. It's hard to be specific.

I too would love to see us pick up an a grader. The club will not put itself in a position where we are paying 200K above market rate for someone. Developing our current talent and becoming a successful destination club is the goal so I'm told. Prestia would have been in the top few paid at our club.  Doesn't create a good culture.  Richmond board is trying to satisfy supporters by making them look good at the long term detriment to the club.  

Clubs like the Hawks can offload fringe players for decent picks and players as their fringe players are much better and more proven than ours. 

I would hate to think where we would be this year if injuries hit us harder than what they did. 

Also this won't be news to many but he did say we were in a great position if we can hold on to our young talent because free agency and the fact that contracts mean nothing anymore is killing lower clubs.  Being a successful destination club can mean an additional 15% in there salary cap as players are willining to play for less. 

Thanks for posting - great stuff.

I like hearing confirmation of the philosophy. We need to develop the list we have - topping it up with players like Hibberd, Barlow and Thompson seems perfectly sound.

But otherwise our success will come from those already on our list including players like ANB and some others who struggled to get a game this year, but who will clearly become very good players. I'd also like to see Jack Grimes retained, if possible - but wholly understand if he wishes to leave.

In short, we are now a destination club. Can't think when we last, if ever, were. And we no longer seem to make desperate recruiting decisions - it all seems to be very considered/measured and then cleanly executed.

Thank you Paul Roos. And Peter Jackson.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abe said:

How's that working out for them?