Lachie Whitfield under investigation

Gipsy Danger

11 minutes ago, PaulRB said:

This will sound stupid, but... "How does Lachie Whitfield get to play in an AFL final series when he's 

1. suspected of intentionally avoiding a drug test for PEDs,

2. taken illegal drugs,

3. brought the game into disrepute...???

Weirdly it's been know about and "investigated" for much of this year, yet won't be resolved till after the finals...

Blows my mind how corrupt and blind the AFL have become.

On FC last night Caro said the AFL will definitely sanction Whitfield et al but not sure which of 1, 2, 3, you mention will be the 'charge'.

Cynical me thinks the AFL will wait till after the finals to announce sanctions - can't deny the kid playing finals, can they???.

An announcement on the Sunday before Melbourne Cup should be a suitable day when no one will notice.  :o

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, PaulRB said:

This will sound stupid, but... "How does Lachie Whitfield get to play in an AFL final series when he's 

1. suspected of intentionally avoiding a drug test for PEDs,

2. taken illegal drugs,

3. brought the game into disrepute...???

Weirdly it's been know about and "investigated" for much of this year, yet won't be resolved till after the finals...

Blows my mind how corrupt and blind the AFL have become.

2 minutes ago, Mach5 said:

Correct - not sure any of this has been proven true at this time.

Mach5 may I posit,

1 Suspected of avoiding possible drug test - 16 month investigation would indicate probably true

2 Taken illegal drugs - 16 month investigation would indicate probably true

3. brought the game into disrepute...??? - No doubt here. We are talking about it, it is in the papers...True

Weirdly it's been know about and "investigated" for much of this year, yet won't be resolved till after the finals...True

Blows my mind how corrupt and blind the AFL have become.  ...What more do you need, Essendon, Carlton, ... True

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Who is that Patrick imbecile that is on SEN with Kevin Bartlett? This morning he said players skipping training and going in hiding has nothing to do with dodging a drug test but it's to do with player safety. Getting the drug affected player away from the club so he doesn't injure himself or another player. Pull the other one Patrick you [censored] of course it has to do with dodging a drug test. 

I heard that too.  This guy exposed himself with foot in mouth.  Forgot the required media lip service. Not many in the sports business take the drug problem seriously.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ManDee said:

Mach5 may I posit,

1 Suspected of avoiding possible drug test - 16 month investigation would indicate probably true

2 Taken illegal drugs - 16 month investigation would indicate probably true

3. brought the game into disrepute...??? - No doubt here. We are talking about it, it is in the papers...True

Weirdly it's been know about and "investigated" for much of this year, yet won't be resolved till after the finals...True

Blows my mind how corrupt and blind the AFL have become.  ...What more do you need, Essendon, Carlton, ... True

Seriously? 

1. 16 months passed since an alleged incident does not indicate a "16 month investigation" and no conclusion to an investigation in that time indicates there probably isn't any conclusive evidence, only the word of a jilted ex and some vague text messages.

2. As above.

3. Who has brought the game into disrepute? The kid's ex? He'd have to be guilty of something here first.

Blows my mind how some people are so eager to put on their tinfoil hats on such a cloudy issue. 

1 hour ago, Mach5 said:

Seriously? 

1. 16 months passed since an alleged incident does not indicate a "16 month investigation" and no conclusion to an investigation in that time indicates there probably isn't any conclusive evidence, only the word of a jilted ex and some vague text messages.

2. As above.

3. Who has brought the game into disrepute? The kid's ex? He'd have to be guilty of something here first.

Blows my mind how some people are so eager to put on their tinfoil hats on such a cloudy issue. 

The investigation was quite short. It was from the time Caro called up the AFL and said these are the allegations what is happening with them. The report was handed down that evening.

Now I hate to be sceptical, especially where the AFL is concerned but that's an interesting coincidence of timing after 16 months. I imagine we would be none the wiser if Caro had not have rung the AFL....

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

The investigation was quite short. It was from the time Caro called up the AFL and said these are the allegations what is happening with them. The report was handed down that evening.

Now I hate to be sceptical, especially where the AFL is concerned but that's an interesting coincidence of timing after 16 months. I imagine we would be none the wiser if Caro had not have rung the AFL....

I think you can delete "imagine" jnr.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

I bet if it was a Richmond player, Caro would be first in with the broom.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mach5 said:

Seriously? 

2. As above.

From http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/lachie-whitfield-case-graeme-allan-faces-allegations-texts-were-deleted-20160830-gr4xi1.html

"The AFL, which has known about the allegations for almost 15 months, will now hand details of its lengthy investigation to the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority. ..........

Both Collingwood and Brisbane were informed by the AFL several months ago – when they were interviewing Allan and Lambert for positions at those clubs – that there was an ongoing integrity investigation involving the pair. Both reportedly told their new clubs they would be cleared of any wrongdoing.  "

Disrepute...mmm do you remember tanking...   not guilty but....MFC guilty of bringing the game into disrepute. 

If there was nothing here and no evidence it would have been cleared up by now. Lots of talk about deleted texts etc. And although you suggest it is a cheap pot shot by an ex, she has said that she worried about him. If only some of the Essendon players partners were worried. They are now.

PS, How are the rose coloured glasses going, my hat is fine thanks.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ManDee said:

From http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/lachie-whitfield-case-graeme-allan-faces-allegations-texts-were-deleted-20160830-gr4xi1.html

"The AFL, which has known about the allegations for almost 15 months, will now hand details of its lengthy investigation to the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority. ..........

Both Collingwood and Brisbane were informed by the AFL several months ago – when they were interviewing Allan and Lambert for positions at those clubs – that there was an ongoing integrity investigation involving the pair. Both reportedly told their new clubs they would be cleared of any wrongdoing.  "

Disrepute...mmm do you remember tanking...   not guilty but....MFC guilty of bringing the game into disrepute. 

If there was nothing here and no evidence it would have been cleared up by now. Lots of talk about deleted texts etc. And although you suggest it is a cheap pot shot by an ex, she has said that she worried about him. If only some of the Essendon players partners were worried. They are now.

PS, How are the rose coloured glasses going, my hat is fine thanks.

quite. i think tin-foil suits you nicely mandee.....lol

3 hours ago, Mach5 said:

Seriously? 

2. As above.

This jilted ex must be a Russian hacker. It seems she not only got in Grubby's and Lambert's phones and forged some text messages, but she also made them look like they'd been deleted!

Or .... (Occam's razor here) ... maybe blaming the ex is a red herring and something really did happen, serious enough that Grubby thought he'd better bury it.

As ever, the cover up makes the thing it's trying to hide 10 times worse.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ManDee said:

To see if they had any?

No wonder the AFL wanted to know that. There's no place for that kind of unscrupulous behaviour at AFL house.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mach5 said:

No she heard him joke about taking drugs and hiding. 

Under AFL rules, joking is a hanging offence.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, PaulRB said:

So when did the "alleged" infraction occur?

and why haven't the AFL protected the integrity of the 2016 Finals by ensuring it is resolved prior to now?

?? those highlighted bits in the same sentence ??, especially when it involves one of their pet project franchises playing in their first finals series.  Absolutely no way they would allow that to be risked.  

Edited by monoccular
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Looks like the investigation news hasn't affected him, BOG yesterday.

Protected species. Has nothing to worry about. Interesting to see what Mumford and Johnson get for their rough stuff from yesterday.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

knowing the mrp, red, i wouldn't be bold enough to predict, other than to say any outcome is possible :wacko:

Lenient the word between any and outcome.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 3

That's what we want isn't it, in the name of (play on). What we get is the fair players like Kennedy getting cleaned up by idiots and the wretched umpires apparently under instructions.This Game is gradually being ruined by an inept AFL intent on deleting any opposition Code with a whatever it takes attitude, And we all know where that goes.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 29 August 2016 at 10:26 PM, Return to Glory said:

Let's hope the AFL shows some backbone.

The AFL managed to slow play the issue which allowed his participation in the finals series (luckily for Whitfield, he plays for its love child).

Now, it's about to hit the proverbial ...

GWS star Whitfield faces anti-doping rule charges

"Two high-profile club officials and GWS star midfielder Lachie Whitfield face serious penalties after the AFL received a damning brief of evidence alleging that they deliberately breached anti-doping rules.

"Collingwood’s head of football Graeme Allan, Brisbane’s player welfare boss Craig Lambert and Whitfield face the serious disciplinary charges which carry penalties of up to four-year bans after the AFL and ASADA considered a report from the league’s integrity team."

Apparently ASADA has delivered its legal findings and they have been discussed by the league executive. Let's see what action they're prepared to take or whether this will be another whitewash.

• Like 3