Who are the Dees chasing for 2017 and at what cost?

junk

3 minutes ago, Nasher said:

$400,000/year.  Not that big a deal in the scheme of things, I'd have thought.

Billy Stretch is a far more superior player then Lewis and he would be on about 70 to 90k a year

Its actually very embarrassing he is getting paid that much.

5 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Billy Stretch is a far more superior player then Lewis and he would be on about 70 to 90k a year

Its actually very embarrassing he is getting paid that much.

He would be on way more than that. I think $90k is starting salary isn't it? 

Either way, I feel for Brisbane. They are a mess. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

That's about the average for a regular in an AFL side now, what should we pay Hurley, and what if the number is excessive and upsets other team members?

If that happens Mahoney and co will lose credibility with the players because they have consistently said they pay what a player is worth, not overs. They have worked so hard to create a good culture and reinforce required behaviours.

Making exceptions to their policy would not be good for team morale whether it is Hurley or anyone else especially if some players have accepted said policy and settled on a contract figure less than they may have liked. 

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1

According to Foxtel tonight The Hurley issue is likely to be fought out by Bulldogs ( cant be much left in the bank after he and Boyd) and Essendon who  have apparently upped their offer,

Suits me. I'm in the lock up Hoges and Tmc camp. Whilst you are at it Santa  could you please do the same for Petracca ,Brayshaw,Tyson,Stretch and Hunt.

• Like 9

54 minutes ago, Dockett 32 said:

According to Foxtel tonight The Hurley issue is likely to be fought out by Bulldogs ( cant be much left in the bank after he and Boyd) and Essendon who  have apparently upped their offer,

Suits me. I'm in the lock up Hoges and Tmc camp. Whilst you are at it Santa  could you please do the same for Petracca ,Brayshaw,Tyson,Stretch and Hunt.

I'd prefer Hurley and a lowly draftee than a combination of Melksham and Hibberd.

I'm in the lock up Hogan and T Mac camp, but if they need to lower their $expectations to attract a player like Hurley, they should for the betterment of the team.

1 hour ago, mo64 said:

I'd prefer Hurley and a lowly draftee than a combination of Melksham and Hibberd.

I'm in the lock up Hogan and T Mac camp, but if they need to lower their $expectations to attract a player like Hurley, they should for the betterment of the team.

On the one hand I agree.  On the other hand we can't be asking players to take less because we are trying build a premiership list and then bring in an outsider on mega dollars. It just doesn't work like that. 

• Like 3

Frost from Collingwood,he seems to be out of favour perhaps we can offer them Dawes and a fourth rd pick. We could use him as a forward. Newspaper of the future may read such and such a team gets frosted (Frosts kick many goals) and the Maccas rip out the other team's Naccas. Perhaps I need to polish up on my rymes.

10 minutes ago, ENYAW said:

Frost from Collingwood,he seems to be out of favour perhaps we can offer them Dawes and a fourth rd pick. We could use him as a forward. Newspaper of the future may read such and such a team gets frosted (Frosts kick many goals) and the Maccas rip out the other team's Naccas. Perhaps I need to polish up on my rymes.

Disposal is very average.  Can't see a space for him on our list 

I know this may have been answered elsewhere, but does anyone know for a fact if the EssUndone banned players are able to leave as free agents?

There has been speculation one way and another - or is this yet another case where the AFL will make a decision on the run?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, monoccular said:

I know this may have been answered elsewhere, but does anyone know for a fact if the EssUndone banned players are able to leave as free agents?

There has been speculation one way and another - or is this yet another case where the AFL will make a decision on the run?

Do you really think that the AFL wouldnt be working its rrrr's of behind the scenes making sure that the druggos got the best possible deal for whichever player choses to leave? If a trade favoring EFC cant be done, bank on a compo pick being granted.

Past behaviour indicates that Dill and his cohorts will twist the rules in whatever fashion they desire to make sure Essedon dont lose too much.

Their bonuses depend on it.

So yeah, they will make [censored] up on the run.

• Like 2

Mr Demons11,Frost (Collingwood) as a forward,not tried yet. He reminds me of Reiwolt ( Richmond). To say we have no space on our list is weird considering we may be delisting 5 players min. I think he would be a better asset than Hibberd which has been linked to our club.

One from left field - would someone like Deledio be worth a look? Just interested in what others think, as his age and injury history might not be what we are after, plus he would cost probably cost a first round pick. 

But, we know how well he can play and having his experience and ability to rotate through the middle and up forward might work well for us. 

Don't shoot me for asking, as I said, just interested on what others think. 

Deledio would be hugely beneficial but at what cost?

Will want decent $$ as it'll be his last contract and he's injury prone, yet still top 5 for tigers so they'll want a decent pick.

Would rather Brandon Ellis - cheaper and younger, I think Hardwick plays him incorrectly and a good coach could get a lot out of him.

On 8/14/2016 at 3:44 PM, Wiseblood said:

One from left field - would someone like Deledio be worth a look? Just interested in what others think, as his age and injury history might not be what we are after, plus he would cost probably cost a first round pick. 

But, we know how well he can play and having his experience and ability to rotate through the middle and up forward might work well for us. 

I'd have a look, 2017 first round draft pick should satisfy a trade i would have thought given his age, and injury concerns. 

will want decent dollars but experience and he's still a bloody good player and i reckon he'd look even better in our side.

33 minutes ago, Abe said:

I'd have a look, 2017 first round draft pick should satisfy a trade i would have thought given his age, and injury concerns. 

will want decent dollars but experience and he's still a bloody good player and i reckon he'd look even better in our side.

Is he worth that?  If he was 26-27 then I think that's fair, but at 29 and with an aging body it feels like we would be overpaying to get him.  But then, maybe I'm just being a little bit biased in looking for the best deal for us.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Is he worth that?  If he was 26-27 then I think that's fair, but at 29 and with an aging body it feels like we would be overpaying to get him.  But then, maybe I'm just being a little bit biased in looking for the best deal for us.

You only chase ageing stars if you have a serious chance to win a flag with them.

Or if you are Norf Melbourne.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

1 hour ago, Abe said:

Might sound funny but we will need to start or should I say keep regenerating our list in 2017 otherwise we will again have a lop sided age profile and fall off the map down the track. Think St Kilda & Freo, think us around 10 years back...

Players like Deledio are what you look for as free agents to top off a good list. I would trade this year as we already have Weed in the bank and then use free agents and the draft to regenerate and build.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, rjay said:

Might sound funny but we will need to start or should I say keep regenerating our list in 2017 otherwise we will again have a lop sided age profile and fall off the map down the track.

If we have a lop-sided profile after 2 or 3 premierships, I won't care very much. ^_^

8 minutes ago, mauriesy said:

If we have a lop-sided profile after 2 or 3 premierships, I won't care very much. ^_^

Unfortunately doesn't work that way...Lyon has tried it at 2 clubs and failed. You need quality kids coming through the system along with some good FA's.

On 8/15/2016 at 0:57 PM, rjay said:

Unfortunately doesn't work that way...Lyon has tried it at 2 clubs and failed. You need quality kids coming through the system along with some good FA's.

Yup, Lyon has been very successful at bringing in fringe talent at other clubs, giving them a role and making them a useful AFL player, but he's never been proven to develop talent at all, and has shown a reluctance to play kids, he left the Saints list in a hole after a few failed finals tilts, and looked like doing the same to the Dockers, seems to finally be playing some kids, so lets see if he can develop them 

This has nothing to do with current form , and im just throwing it out there:

If Hogan does want to go at the end of 2017

Hogan to Freo - as a result of huge coin and the go home factor.

Fyfe to Gold Coast - I feel as if they will lose Prestia & Swallow at least and will be looking for a marketing mega star to take over from Gazza.

2M Peter to Melbourne.

All players are out of contract in 2017

20 minutes ago, WA Demon13 said:

This has nothing to do with current form , and im just throwing it out there:

If Hogan does want to go at the end of 2017

Hogan to Freo - as a result of huge coin and the go home factor.

Fyfe to Gold Coast - I feel as if they will lose Prestia & Swallow at least and will be looking for a marketing mega star to take over from Gazza.

2M Peter to Melbourne.

All players are out of contract in 2017

Although i wouldn't trade or entertain any trade involving Hogan or any other of our young players this is probably the best trade senario posted